What's new

Made in India Jaguar cars soon

Koovie

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Made in India Jaguar cars soon

TH22_BU_JLR_1337446f.jpg

Jaguar Land Rover (JLR), a subsidiary of Tata Motors, said it would start making Jaguar cars in India, with the commencement of production of the Jaguar XF saloon at its Pune facility.

In a statement, JLR said the initial Pune-built Jaguar XF models would feature the 2.2 litre diesel engine, which is coming to the Indian market for the first time. The new Jaguar XF would be priced at Rs. 44.50 lakh (ex-Mumbai pre-octroi).

The new Jaguar would be built at the same facility in Pune, which has been rolling out Land Rover’s Freelander 2 vehicles since May 2011.

“Our best selling models in India are the Land Rover Freelander 2 and the Jaguar XF and this has driven the move to build these products locally. The Jaguar XF has become very popular with our customers due to its sports car performance, outstanding luxury saloon elegance and contemporary individual styling,” Rohit Suri, Vice President, Jaguar Land Rover India, said in a statement.

The presently available Jaguar XF saloons in India, the 3 litre V6 Turbodiesel and the 5 litre V8 Petrol Supercharged, are imported as completely built units (CBUs).

The locally built Jaguar XF 2.2 litre diesel car comes with a host of standard features such as rear view camera, TV Tuner, navigation system, touch screen and electronic sunroof among others.

“We are now delighted to offer this car as a locally built product with a new engine for this market, which will enable us to provide our customers with a wider choice of competitively priced models,” Mr. Suri said.

JLR India recently announced a 32 per cent growth in wholesale sales in 2012 at 2,393 cars.

The Hindu : Business / Companies : Made in India Jaguar cars soon

They will be assembled in Pune from Completely Knocked Down kits - it would water down the brand significantly otherwise. And if they were actually made in India, they would be able to sell them for 20-25 lakhs.

First take care of despicable Mr. Shinde then we talk about Jaguar.
India's image is at stake!

We should not Market it as "Made in India" . It has a niche of Its own . Associating it more and more with TATA is not cool .

Just like Fiat owns ferrari but ferrari has a nice of its own and fiat does not associate itself with ferrari in marketing much .

First come back to India and stop paying taxes to the west before posting your nonsense and try to change things here from our computer thousands of miles away.

I think this move will help to reduce overall production cost of cars citing the cheaper Labour charges. If it's like that then it'll benefit both local and export.

Jaguar should concentrate on improving quality and reliability rather than cutting cost.

They have been assembling Jaguars for quite some time in Pune.

Last edited by a moderator:
sold 357,773 in 2012 ,of which 73,347 in China,the biggest market.any one tell me how many sold in India?

not a very big number at all. needed to open more factories? or just because its boss is TATA now?

First come back to India and stop paying taxes to the west before posting your nonsense and try to change things here from our computer thousands of miles away.

And what do you think...
Who I am?
Where do I live, travel, and temporarily reside?
And not paying Indian taxes?

Jaguar is just a small thingy, compared to Sonia's Billions plundered you stupid...
What are YOU doing abt it?

You dont feel pity that 1.2 Billion Indians are living under white lady?
You did not find any ethnic Indian to lead India ?
First It was Mhuguls, then British, and NOW this white Italian lady?
Shame on you to be a Indian....
Knowing that she is plundering India with each progressive scam that takes place...

Pakistan is better, in that, foreigner is not ruling them and selling their nuclear secrets a la Quatrochhi, who was let loose by CONgress by winking CBI.

Thanks to Sonia G

They will be assembled in Pune from Completely Knocked Down kits - it would water down the brand significantly otherwise. And if they were actually made in India, they would be able to sell them for 20-25 lakhs.

It takes 20-25 lakhs to buy just an SUV in India. And Jaguar cars are a level above the standards of Mercs and BMWs.

Apart from their style, power, and reliability, Jaguars cars are marketed for the superiority in standard that they project. Selling them cheap would go against business sense.

No matter how good they are, the moment their prices come below 50 lakhs, they will lose the market.

Seriously I m too angry at him. Congress is distancing itself from this remark. Look at HS words.

What they have, 10 names of people who at one time or other were connected to RSS.

I was in RSS once, now if I commit murder, then RSS is to blame ?

Entire image of India is at stake due to this govt. First corruption, then rape and now this.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom