What's new

M.A Jinnah on weeky time magazine cover April 22 1946

great. I didn't see that you did.

Then we should be discussing specific section of the article.

and not just the cover pic

The article is dated April'46 and Mr.Jinnah accepted the cabinet mission plan in June'46. Hope the writer had slightest grasp over the events that happened since 1900's not just from 1940's.

The article is dated April'46 and Mr.Jinnah accepted the cabinet mission plan in June'46. Hope the writer had slightest grasp over the events that happened since 1900's not just from 1940's.

Good point

I don't think the writer knew or perhaps wanted to write historical view.

He just penned down what he saw about Jinnah.

Almost like a drama

where one character is under spot light for few scenes

while many other characters are playing important role in the overall story

I'd read this as a story to pick some nuggets about life in Dilli back then.

How woman sat in Pardah :D during ML speeches.

------------------------------------------------------------------- next post ---------------------
hahahah

Here is a passage that surely will burn the undies of Pakistani Islamists.

hahahahah

He wears Moslem dress only because his enemies sneer that Jinnah, head of India's Moslem League, is lax in his religious observances. ("Jinnah does not have a beard; Jinnah does not go to the Mosque; Jinnah drinks whiskey!")

Last edited:
Eunches can easily become fathers, only if they had..........

I suggest Pakistanis to come back to reality, If one would go by our recent history, India could easily be the tiger and Pakistan a goat (not even cow). Just saying.

I suggest Pakistanis to come back to reality, If one would go by our recent history, India could easily be the tiger and Pakistan a goat (not even cow). Just saying.

But Pundit Ji

Pakistanis already eat goats and cows :D perhaps too much of meat. But that's for a separate thread separate discussion

I don't think your comparison is valid in light of the picture

Someone may have already pointed this out, as I haven't read through every single post, but IMHO the cover is about Mr. Jinnah's efforts to win a separate independence from the United Kingdom, hence the Pakistani tigers facing off against the British lion.

5003733_f260.jpg
UK Royal Arms
So both the hindu cows and britisher lion got defeated by the muslim tigers.

Yes, sir. You are absolutely correct. In the cover,there were two tigers,resembling perhaps India and Pakistan pushing the Lion out of the region. Till this there was no problem. But the caption below "Md.Ali Jinnah; His Moslem tiger wants to eat the Hindu Cow" creates all the problem. If somebody understood Md.Ali Jinnah from heart, he would have known that how much offended he would have felt by this remark. He was the spearhead of secular politics in this country and "eating Hindu cow" simply does not conforms with his character.. Not going much into details about him,I can say,there were already an ocean of misconceptions about him , the cover of the Time magazine did the worse for him and to the Hindu Muslim unity. Regards.
Are you blind or just bending the facts?? One tiger on the cover is west pakistan and the other sitting on the east pakistan(bangladesh) .You can clearly see the position of those two tigers on a map and it,s hilarious to call one of them the indian.Specially there should be no doubt left when it,s clearly written at the bottom "His muslim tiger wants to eat the hindu cow"

Are you blind or just bending the facts?? One tiger on the cover is west pakistan and the other sitting on the east pakistan(bangladesh) .You can clearly see the position of those two tigers on a map and it,s hilarious to call one of them the indian.Specially there should be no doubt left when it,s clearly written at the bottom "His muslim tiger wants to eat the hindu cow"

I said "perhaps". No need to go for blitzkreig. And read all the posts before accusing me for bending facts. I am not very good in that.

Last edited:
it,s clearly written at the bottom "His muslim tiger wants to eat the hindu cow"

According to the article ,

What Jinnah said was : “I want to eat the cow the Hindu worships. . . . The Moslem has nothing in common with the Hindu except his slavery to the British.”

And Jinnah recalled past glories of the Mogul Emperor Baber (“The Tiger”) and other Moslem warriors: “The Moslems have been slaves for only 200 years but the Hindus have been slaves for a thousand.”

And the writer merged them in a strange way and created the title " Muslim tiger wants to eat Hindu cow" just to make it look "spicy" . Most probably he was referring to Jinnah by calling him Muslim Tiger , And "Hindu Cow" referred to the sacredness of cow in Hinduism .

Jinnah rejected this by saying : ”As I think the description ‘Mohammed Ali Jinnah His Moslem Tiger Wants to Eat the Hindu Cow’ is offensive to the sentiments of the Hindu community, I cannot put my autograph on the cover page …”

Last edited:
According to the article ,

What Jinnah said was : “I want to eat the cow the Hindu worships. . . . The Moslem has nothing in common with the Hindu except his slavery to the British.”

And Jinnah recalled past glories of the Mogul Emperor Baber (“The Tiger”) and other Moslem warriors: “The Moslems have been slaves for only 200 years but the Hindus have been slaves for a thousand.

Does that sound secular to you. :rolleyes::eek:

Does that sound secular to you. :rolleyes::eek:

Muslims and Hindus are different , this is a fact
Both have a right to believe in their religion and practice it but none has the right to try impose his religion on others , as religion is a personal matter and state has nothing to do with it . That is what Jinnah believed in and that is secularism

"Jinnah does not have a beard; Jinnah does not go to the Mosque; Jinnah drinks whiskey!" and that makes Jinnah a secular

Last edited:
Both have a right to believe in their religion and practice it but none has the right to try impose his religion on others , as religion is a personal matter and state has nothing to do with it . That is what Jinnah believed in and that is secularism

"Jinnah does not have a beard; Jinnah does not go to the Mosque; Jinnah drinks whiskey!" and that makes Jinnah a secular

Can you tell me what kind of secularism he is displaying by calling Hindus as slaves and referring to Hindu while mentioning the beef he eat. BTW his own grandfather was a Hindu. There is nothing new, his whole political career was based on anti-Hindu sentiments, in his political rallies he usually verbally bashed Hindus.

That is your opinion. Respect.

But IMO Jinnah was an A class hypocrite. A Master Opportunist.

Back
Top Bottom