What's new

Long term surgical hospitals and associated clinics for Pak/Afghan wounded

American Eagle

MILITARY PROFESSIONAL
Reaction score
Country
United States
The current war on terrorism wounded and maimed Pakistanis and Afghans need and in my view deserve permanent hospitals and clinics for long term care of those injured in and by the ongoing war on terrorism.

At present a very fine surgery inpatient hospital in Kabul area is serving 50% locals and 50% NATO wounded. I suggest this hospital be continued indefinately until the present generation of wounded and disabled have been promoted to Heaven, passed away.

In Pakistan I suggest that part of the US and other allies aid be focused on building, staffing, and running for the lifetime of all living war wounded in Pakistan hospitals and clinics with free care for life.

This should include a pharmacy for or at each such free hospital and clinic.

These hospitals in my opinon as a retired US Civil Servant, careerist within the US Department of Veterans Affairs and before that within the US Public Health Service...should be long term teaching and training hospitals with academic settings so that aspiring MDs and RNs inside both Pakistan and Afghanistan have a place to do their Internships and Residences focused on illnesses and surgery needs unique to battle injured people.

I hope this clumsy explnation might get the ball rolling to highlight this need which NATO, the UN, and allied organizations, such as that of HRH The Agha Khan and other Muslim charities might all join in developing together.

Colonel (Ret.) George L. Singleton, USAF
USA
*I am a retired Diplomate of the American College of Healthcare Executives

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom