What's new

London Olympics- Will Pakistan Win Gold Medal In Hockey

Will Pakistan Win Gold Medal In Hockey

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So Pakistan is trailing by 2 goals, though 1 more half left, let see if some miracle happen.

> We hope china join us in hockey in next olympic

for some reason, China sucks on Mens team sports

so the only hope for medal for Pakistan in Olympics is also gone.

Germany just scored. Australia : Germany 2-3.:woot:

Edit: now 2-4
germany-flag.gif

My prediction based on what I have seen so far:

Germany: Gold
Netherlands: Silver
(could be the other way around as well)

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/member...ey-match-7th-august-2012-a.html#ixzz2345No5Of

Germany has completely trashed Australia.

You can thank me, if you like. :D

[:::~Spartacus~:::];3286227 said:
congrats pakistan for winning against korea 3-2

:pakistan:
These nation are nothing for us in hockey field. Only problem is Netherland, Germany and Australia. UK also played well in this Olympics.

Netherland destroyed england ..score is netherland 9 goal and england 2..its england biggest defeat..before it was 8-2 against pakistan..

My prediction seem right..netherland going to get gold

Germany beat the Netherlands with 2-1, I knew it all along.
germany-flag.gif

Result: Germany retain men's hockey gold

By Jack Prescott, Olympic Tennis Correspondent

Filed: Saturday, August 11, 2012 at 21:24 UK
Last Updated: Saturday, August 11, 2012 at 21:25 UK

Defending champions Germany have won the gold medal in the men's hockey after a late goal saw them beat the Netherlands 2-1 at the Riverbank Arena.

The Dutch had the better of the first half but they found themselves 1-0 down at the break following Jan Rabente's individual strike.

However, the Netherlands drew themselves level midway through the second half when Mink van der Weerden struck home from a penalty corner.

Germany had a chance to go back in front with 55 minutes on the clock, but Martin Haener's effort from a penalty corner was saved by Jaap Stockmann.

The 2008 winners snatched the victory with five minutes to play as Rabente ran behind the goal following an attack before prodding the ball home at the back post.

Result: Germany retain men's hockey gold - Sports Mole

pakistan hockey has been a victim of 'those who make the rules' , rules of hockey have changed over the years and the changes were brought in to put Pakistan at a disdavantage.

See this wiki pedia link mentioning the 'synthetic revolution' in hockey ,

History of field hockey - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I tell you this BS was all done to put asian teams mainly Pakistan at a disadvantage , much like changing of the rules of cricket regarding bouncers.

Grass Playing SurfaceIn the early 1970s, the "synthetic grass" fields began to be used for hockey, with the first Olympic Games on this surface being held at the 1976 Montreal edition.
Synthetic pitches are now mandatory for all the international tournaments and for most of the national competitions. While hockey is still played on grass fields at some local levels and lesser national divisions, it has been replaced by synthetic turf almost everywhere in the western world.
The game, as well as the material used to play it, has taken a definitive turn with the introduction of the synthetic field, gaining in speed, losing, some would say, in skills.

This chutyapa of introducing a surface that was nowhere to be found in Pakistan in the early years of its introduction meant that our players were put into a disadvantage after the introduction of the synthetic surface the pool of talented players coming up the ranks got severely affected in Pakistan

Hockey used to played on grass fileds of which there were plenty in Pakistan and in our villages and towns kids and adults could hone in their skills with uneven bounce , the speed

Playing on synthetic fileds is not the same as playing on grass and soon enough the quality of our players went south as obviously opportunities got reduced for newer talent to come up, since synthetic surface was only there in some stadiums

What is clear is that the game has deeply evolved. In order to take into account the specificities of this surface, new tactics, new techniques have been developed and new rules have been settled, often, in order to frame, these new techniques.

This should read that changes were brought into the game to screw Pakistan's dominanice in the game once and for all. Remember this that we won gold in 1960 , 1968 and in 1984.

Regarding the evolution of the hockey player material, the sticks have changed shape, with the bent head at the bottom, which used to be about 15 centimetres long, becoming much stubbier. The extra length was no longer necessary, as the ball travelled much straighter on the flatter synthetic fields.

This should read that Pakistani players were a hell lot better at using the larger hockey blade in dribbling and in stopping the croner pass hence the blades had to made shorter to take away their advantage.

The shorter length made playing the ball with the "backhand" (playing with the head of the stick to the player's left, with the head rotated 180 degrees from its usual position) much easier, increasing the speed with which this tactic, often used for evasive manoeuvres, could be used. It also makes trapping the ball by placing the entire stick on the ground, with the point of the head resting on the ground to the player's left, possible, and this stopping technique is now universal for trapping the ball at penalty corners.

Pakistan Hockey never really recovered from the affects of this 'synthetic revolution'

When you lose , change the rules , that’s how the imperialists play

Germany beat the Netherlands with 2-1, I knew it all along.

I thought Netherlands will take gold because they were unbeaten but Germany got it..Congrats to you if you are German lol

Netherlands got gold medal in women hockey final by beating Argentina.

Back
Top Bottom