What's new

LONDON:Indian doctor in UK gets 12 years in jail for raping and filming pat

waheed gul

Reaction score
LONDON: A UK-based Indian doctor, originally belonging to Mangalore who was earlier branded as a “sex predator”, was on Thursday jailed for 12 years.

Dr Davinderjit Bains admitted to 39 charges of sex offences at Swindon Crown court on Thursday.

The 45-year-old, who worked as a GP at a medical practice in Royal Wootton Bassett used a secret camera inside his wristwatch to record himself abusing female patients. Detectives investigating likened the timepiece to that in a James Bond movie.

Judge Douglas Field said Bains had breached the trust of patients put in their doctor “in the most grievous way”. “You are a disgrace to the medical profession,” he Field said.

Bains has been in custody for over a month and has been awaiting sentencing. Bains admitted to 39 charges that included 13 charges of assault by penetration, 13 charges of voyeurism, 11 charges of sexual assault and two charges of sexual activity with a child.

The offences were committed against 30 women – aged from 14 to 51 – between July 2010 and May 2012.

Detectives said Bains covertly filmed the abuse of more than 100 women using a built-in camera in his wristwatch which he bought from the internet for around A£60.
Judge Douglas said “You of all people will be aware that the relationship between a doctor and his patient is of fundamental importance in the practice of medicine. In this relationship the doctor is placed in a very high position of trust and the patient is entitled to expect the doctor to discharge that duty with the highest standard. This is particularly so when a female patient consults a male doctor on intimate matters.”

Bains’ barrister Rex Tedd said Bains wanted to express regret at his actions as it confined to a period in his life when his marriage collapsed because of his sexual inadequacy and he was self-medicating inappropriately.

Investigations started against Bains in June last year when a 19-year-old woman told officers she thought the doctor had filmed her as she was taking a shower. She also complained of being sexually assaulted by him in Swindon. When Bains was arrested, the high-tech wrist watch was recovered along with 361 high-quality video clips.

The Court also asked him about another 65 offences -10 of sexual assault by penetration, eight of sexual assault and 47 of voyeurism – to be taken into account when the judge passes sentence. Bains qualified as a doctor from Mangalore University in 1993 and became a general practitioner (GP) in 2007. He is currently suspended from practising by the GMC.

His former colleagues called it “shocking and distressing”. The partners, GPs and staff of Tinkers Lane Surgery were “deeply saddened” by the actions of their former colleague. “Our sympathies remain entirely with the victims and their families. We are appalled that the sort of crimes to which Bains has pleaded guilty could happen in general practice. We will now seek to rebuild the trust and the confidence of our community and our patients,” they said.

LONDON:Indian doctor in UK gets 12 years in jail for raping and filming patients | The News Informer

Disgusting behaviour.. @S.U.R.B. how common is this among doctors.. :)

Yeah it is exclusively abnormal.And that's an individual's fault.

You can not blame it on a community or on a profession.

To my experience, Indian doctors are highly professional in their behavior & better than anyone in patient's management.

Journalists must take care when publishing news like these.Please do not express or present nationality or religion as a prominent feature of person being accused.

Insanity has no nationality or religion or profession.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah it is exclusively abnormal.And that's an individuals fault.

To my experience, Indian doctors are highly professional in their behavior & better than anyone in patient's management.

Journalists must take care when publishing news like these.Please do not express or present nationality or religion as a prominent feature of person being accused.

ah... am not talking about media.. this is not a proper news source.. lol.. check other news items.. :rofl:
I was saying how prevalent is it among docs, I have a feeling that older docs are shameless tharkis.. :)

That is messed up.

I thought a nurse was supposed to be in the room the entire time?

ah... am not talking about media.. this is not a proper news source.. lol.. check other news items.. :rofl:
I was saying how prevalent is it among docs, I have a feeling that older docs are shameless tharkis.. :)

I don't know, based upon what ,i should be making such an opinion about them.

And no i'm not talking about the feelings ,i'm mentioning my experience.Feelings can come secondary to that.

Though they haven't got any studies to prove or disapprove the statement.

But based upon my thinking and "feelings" it should be the last thing to bother me as member of their community.

I don't know, based upon what ,i should be making such an opinion about them.

And no i'm not talking about the feelings ,i'm mentioning my experience.Feelings can come secondary to that.

Though they haven't got any studies to prove or disapprove the statement.

But based upon my thinking and "feelings" it should be the last thing to bother me as member of their community.
oops... yara.. am not accusing your or your profession. Respect.. :tup:

Yeah it is exclusively abnormal.And that's an individual's fault.

Certainly! but one thing is for sure, these indians have became super horny.

Disgusting and vile act, I hope the victim gets justice and is compensated for this.

And, just to prove that perversion knows no nationality or race, here is a story about Pakistani Dr. Ali Salim in Ohio:

Ohio Doctor Charged in Pregnant Woman's Death - ABC News

Ohio Doctor Charged in Pregnant Woman's Death

By ANDREW WELSH-HUGGINS AP Legal Affairs Writer
NEW ALBANY, Ohio May 25, 2013 (AP)

The personal ads that Dr. Ali Salim placed on Craigslist — and police say he posted hundreds of them — made one thing clear: He wanted "no drama."

He didn't always get his wish.

One woman told police she was accosted at Salim's house. Another said she was sexually assaulted. Another woman left after she said Salim insisted she pose in her underwear while he painted the digestive system on her abdomen.

The final drama, police and prosecutors say, occurred July 31 when Deanna Ballman, nine months pregnant with two young children at home, disappeared after answering one of Salim's ads. Ballman's body was found the next day in the backseat of her car on a country road a few miles from Salim's house.

After a six-month investigation, Salim was arrested in February and charged with kidnapping, raping and killing Ballman by injecting her with heroin, as well as killing her unborn child, to be named Mabel Lilly.

Salim has pleaded not guilty and is on house arrest on $1 million bond. His trial is scheduled for Sept. 3.

Ballman told her mother she was responding to a housecleaning ad. Investigators say that's not the whole story.

"That's not quite what we've found," said Delaware County Prosecutor Carol O'Brien.

Salim, 44, who is single, is originally from Pakistan where he earned his medical degree at King Edward Medical College at the University of the Punjab in 1993, according to Ohio medical board records. He did his residency at West Virginia University and worked most recently as an emergency room physician in Mt. Vernon, a small city in east-central Ohio.

The Ohio medical board has revoked Salim's license because of the criminal charges. He had no medical disciplinary cases as a doctor and no previous criminal record. He is a permanent U.S. resident with a green card.

Salim did well: He lived in a $305,000 house in New Albany, a tony Columbus suburb, and owned expensive cars, including a Porsche and Infiniti. He drove his vehicles fast: Records obtained by The Associated Press found at least 15 speeding tickets since 2000.

Salim's life was full of drama in the months before his encounter with Ballman, according to police records obtained by the AP, prosecutors' statements and interviews with Delaware County sheriff's investigators.

In September 2010, Salim told police his house had been burglarized with the help of a female heroin addict he'd been trying to help get treatment. He refused to cooperate with investigators despite losing three TVs, two laptops, $500 in cash and credit cards, and the case was placed on inactive status, according to a Columbus police report.

In April 2011, a woman who answered one of Salim's Craigslist ads called 911 to report an assault at Salim's address. "I came to a gentleman's house, and he accosted me," she said.

Eight months later, in early December, aspiring model Gabrielle Roush answered what she thought was a legitimate modeling ad: $400 to let Salim paint the human digestive system on her abdomen for what he said was a work assignment.

But Roush, accompanied by her future father-in-law, turned down the job after Salim insisted she be in the house alone while he worked.

"He said, 'As long as you don't cause drama, you can do this for me,'" recalled Roush, 21, a college student in Columbus, whose meeting with Salim and call to police came long before Ballman's death and Salim's arrest.

===============================

Why must we have such silly threads on a website generally as good as this? Such childish attempts at targeting other nationalities are pointless in my book.

Indian Tharak is world renowned.

And, just to prove that perversion knows no nationality or race, here is a story about Pakistani Dr. Ali Salim in Ohio:

Ohio Doctor Charged in Pregnant Woman's Death - ABC News

Ohio Doctor Charged in Pregnant Woman's Death

By ANDREW WELSH-HUGGINS AP Legal Affairs Writer
NEW ALBANY, Ohio May 25, 2013 (AP)

The personal ads that Dr. Ali Salim placed on Craigslist — and police say he posted hundreds of them — made one thing clear: He wanted "no drama."

He didn't always get his wish.

One woman told police she was accosted at Salim's house. Another said she was sexually assaulted. Another woman left after she said Salim insisted she pose in her underwear while he painted the digestive system on her abdomen.

The final drama, police and prosecutors say, occurred July 31 when Deanna Ballman, nine months pregnant with two young children at home, disappeared after answering one of Salim's ads. Ballman's body was found the next day in the backseat of her car on a country road a few miles from Salim's house.

After a six-month investigation, Salim was arrested in February and charged with kidnapping, raping and killing Ballman by injecting her with heroin, as well as killing her unborn child, to be named Mabel Lilly.

Salim has pleaded not guilty and is on house arrest on $1 million bond. His trial is scheduled for Sept. 3.

Ballman told her mother she was responding to a housecleaning ad. Investigators say that's not the whole story.

"That's not quite what we've found," said Delaware County Prosecutor Carol O'Brien.

Salim, 44, who is single, is originally from Pakistan where he earned his medical degree at King Edward Medical College at the University of the Punjab in 1993, according to Ohio medical board records. He did his residency at West Virginia University and worked most recently as an emergency room physician in Mt. Vernon, a small city in east-central Ohio.

The Ohio medical board has revoked Salim's license because of the criminal charges. He had no medical disciplinary cases as a doctor and no previous criminal record. He is a permanent U.S. resident with a green card.

Salim did well: He lived in a $305,000 house in New Albany, a tony Columbus suburb, and owned expensive cars, including a Porsche and Infiniti. He drove his vehicles fast: Records obtained by The Associated Press found at least 15 speeding tickets since 2000.

Salim's life was full of drama in the months before his encounter with Ballman, according to police records obtained by the AP, prosecutors' statements and interviews with Delaware County sheriff's investigators.

In September 2010, Salim told police his house had been burglarized with the help of a female heroin addict he'd been trying to help get treatment. He refused to cooperate with investigators despite losing three TVs, two laptops, $500 in cash and credit cards, and the case was placed on inactive status, according to a Columbus police report.

In April 2011, a woman who answered one of Salim's Craigslist ads called 911 to report an assault at Salim's address. "I came to a gentleman's house, and he accosted me," she said.

Eight months later, in early December, aspiring model Gabrielle Roush answered what she thought was a legitimate modeling ad: $400 to let Salim paint the human digestive system on her abdomen for what he said was a work assignment.

But Roush, accompanied by her future father-in-law, turned down the job after Salim insisted she be in the house alone while he worked.

"He said, 'As long as you don't cause drama, you can do this for me,'" recalled Roush, 21, a college student in Columbus, whose meeting with Salim and call to police came long before Ballman's death and Salim's arrest.

===============================

Why must we have such silly threads on a website generally as good as this? Such childish attempts at targeting other nationalities are pointless in my book.

This was found out to be false and the man in question was falsely accused and acquitted of all charges.

Do we all have to fear even consulting doctors now?? Doesn't matter from where the man is his actions are disgusting.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom