What's new

Lockheed unveils new F-21 fighter jet configured for India

What a joke. This isn't meant to beat Rafale, but a good attempt at killing Mk2/MWF. Note the timing.

No foreign player is in partnership with HAL... Only government can FORCE them to have partnership with HAL...
Boeing partnered with HAL and Mahindra to make F/A-18.

There is something called URGENT... look at the number of modern jets in IAF arsenal... and you would understand that there is ENOUGH ROOM for 150+ foreign jets... and Rafale is that jet... with meagre chances for EF...
I understand the urgency, but originally MMRCA was meant for dual engine fighters, but f-21 is single engine and so is MCA

I understand the urgency, but originally MMRCA was meant for dual engine fighters, but f-21 is single engine.

I don't trust USA when it comes to cutting edge technology... ban is always in sight if you DISOBEY THE ORDERS...

India needs another 15 years to get it due toits corruption habits in defence mother of all defence deals and tejas are prime examples

Nope. MMRCA is for twin engine jets, Gripen E and F-21 are merely participants.

I think you should look at the all-new LCA Mk2 design that has been revealed.
Not talking about MMRCA dude. I said LCA!! Tejas i mean. With all the troubles, decades worth delays, lack of interest, India may find this F-21 a better suited option and go for it in addition to MMRCA in place of LCA.

I said LCA!! Tejas i mean. With all the troubles, decades worth delays, lack of interest,
lack of interest was only on part of IN and HAL is addressing it. IAF is keen to get tejas in numbers, the issue if manufacturing. That needs to be sorted out.
Tejas program isnt getting shelved now.

what i meant is if IAF selects it....i just hope the idea doesnt even cross their minds.

Don't worry. The single-engined jets won't even be considered. Neither will the Su-35.

It's gonna be a contest between the Mig-35, Rafale, Typhoon and SH.

"The F-21 is different, inside and out,” Vivek Lall, vice president of Strategy and Business Development for Lockheed Martin Aeronautics, said in a statement.

What's the major difference between F-16 and F-21?

There is something called URGENT... look at the number of modern jets in IAF arsenal... and you would understand that there is ENOUGH ROOM for 150+ foreign jets... and Rafale is that jet... with meagre chances for EF...

Ofc, There is an urgent need. But did you think about the logistical nightmares arise due to the sheer numbers and variety of aircraft in the arsenal?

Not talking about MMRCA dude. I said LCA!! Tejas i mean. With all the troubles, decades worth delays, lack of interest, India may find this F-21 a better suited option and go for it in addition to MMRCA in place of LCA.

No, the F-21 isn't a better option.

This is a much better option:

11 hardpoints. 4 underwing hardpoints each. This design comfortably surpasses the J-10's weapons loadout design and matches the F-21's.

3300Kg internal fuel
6.5T payload
11 hardpoints
IRST, MAWS, AESA radar, fully internal EW suite
8 AAMs
2 Brahmos

We do not need the F-21.

@Deino.

No, the F-21 isn't a better option.

This is a much better option:

11 hardpoints. 4 underwing hardpoints each. This design comfortably surpasses the J-10's weapons loadout design and matches the F-21's.

3300Kg internal fuel
6.5T payload
11 hardpoints
IRST, MAWS, AESA radar, fully internal EW suite
8 AAMs
2 Brahmos

We do not need the F-21.

@Deino.
You haven't factored in 2+ decades it might take!

upload_2019-2-20_16-23-45.png

Specifically configured for the IAF, the F-21 provides "unmatched" Make in India opportunities and strengthens India's path to an advanced airpower future,

Back
Top Bottom