What's new

Lockheed submits proposal to supply F-21s to Air Force; to source heavily locally if wins bid

The inclusion of american fighters in indian af is highly unlikely. we cant use them in combat with countries which are US friendly. lock codes will be with them.

In advance, pardon the digression.
Most PSUs are filled with incompetent employees who are there only because of reservations.
"Most PSU"s also have incompetent employees who are selected on merit. do you mean they sit around all day and do defence.pk in their working time? no wonder our aircraft industry is in shambles....both the reserved and general employees are incompetent and worthless.
Why do you think OFB and other DPSU employees are protesting against privatization even when reports show they've been posting huge losses since the past couple of decades!!
although i do agree with you on some level, I do feel that the companies which are built from scratch by the tax payers' money shouldn't be handed over to private partners in peanut prices. Instead of looking for the betterment (for you, that might be the abolition of reservation, in any post), crony capitalism is welcomed.

There would be no MMRCA 2.0 in the first place as some people are speculating. Even if that goes through, it would simply take a decade for IAF to finalize a vendor which is enough time for all IAF & MoD's top brass to receive their kickbacks given the scale of the tender by which most countries would've moved onto 5th gen

IMO, IAF might go for 2 more squadrons of Rafales and if IN decides to opt for Rafale-M's for IAC-3 (54 required), we might negotiate for localized production with ToT and sourcing from local vendors

We're well aware of the strings attached to F-21 and also what Pak and other countries like Turkey have been facing with the US. There is a high chance spares or supply of other components might be put off if we go against their interests
I believe youre much better off investing the same amount on the Tejas project.
If the motive really is to benefit indian local industry then Tejas should be the best and safest bet.

Good when pakistan turkey and united states retire f-16s from our airforces india can start making them inside india with a new name and new radars good plan i support it!

We would know everything about these aircraft and know ways to bring them down with our modern aircraft while india flies 30 years old rafales and 47 years old f-16 ( rebranded f-21) . 2030s will be very very interesting.

I believe youre much better off investing the same amount on the Tejas project.
If the motive really is to benefit indian local industry then Tejas should be the best and safest bet.
I'm pretty confident there would be no MMRCA 2.0 as most of my fellow countrymen are expecting but I might as well be wrong. Tejas be it the Mk-2 or MCA is a totally different requirement and as it's own allocated funds but the biggest challenge is to collaborate with private firms like Tata, Kalyani, Reliance, Adani etc along with inclusion of educational and research institutions. There's no lack of talent in this regard but crappy project management along with top brass's love for kickbacks is what's delaying and screwing our indigenous developments

Now that Su-30's line would be idle, it should be tweaked to increase the production of the current Mk-1 and fastrack the development of Mk-2 and MCA

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom