What's new

Lockheed Martin ready to manufacture F-16 jets in India

GOI/MOD should be careful with the Uncle Sam, coz he is very well known for his money tricks. Government should negotiate the deal just the way Nuclear deal was signed, no 100% FDI for Boeing or LM. Form a JV, manufacture all the parts in India starting from nut-bolt to Airframe, also full TOT of Radar and EW suit :D. Then MOD should think of this deal.

but it completely makes sense for LM, Boeing
Yes, It makes sense for them but not for us. Well we will get a lot of jobs and some obsolete technology transfers.

But as I said it will kill our efforts to develop our own fighter aircraft. There is nothing like exp gained from developing products ground up. They will indulge in lot of sabotage physically and politically so as to get a firm hold in india. Soon we will see SU-30s falling of from sky or our experimental aircrafts going up in fire.

This would kill off the Tejas project, and any other local production programs. It doesn't make sense for India to develop a medium fighter jet if they can manufacture the world's most battle proven plane that falls into the same category and does the same job.
India must keep the U.S. at arm's length and look at everything they offer from a critical perspective. The U.S. does not suddenly have a new found respect for India. They want to make India dependent by offering them attractive deals, sort of like a drug dealer would do to get someone addicted to their product. And when they are well and hooked, the dealer would start making more and more demanding requisitions. The "Make in India" should not be a blank check.
Exactly.

Yes, It makes sense for them but not for us. Well we will get a lot of jobs and some obsolete technology transfers.

But as I said it will kill our efforts to develop our own fighter aircraft. There is nothing like exp gained from developing products ground up. They will indulge in lot of sabotage physically and politically so as to get a firm hold in india. Soon we will see SU-30s falling of from sky or our experimental aircrafts going up in fire.

Exactly.

That's how competition works - if you ask me then Indian defense makers will have a edge over the foreign one's because of the domestic approach. Take any industry for instance. Electronics, two wheelers, automobiles, textiles, machinery and tools etc. Indian companies have in the end outpaced foreign companies in the domestic market....

As for HAL - its a government organization - if it wasn't one then it would have sunk decades ago.

This F16s is the best way to eternally seal India Pakistan issues.. After all India should manufacture F16s and Pakistan should buy....

With military sales, trade relationship and inter dependency will increase further.. This will bring down chances of conflict and pave way for eternal peace between India and Pakistan.

This is the moment when Nobel Prize will be finally given to Lockheed Martin management for their extra ordinary effort and contribution for World Peace...
If F16 gonna be produced in India, I don't think PAF will buy F16 anymore. Who knows will Indians will insert some bugs in the F16 sold to PAF?

That's a very dirty move that India induct the F16 assembly lines! PAF can't get more F16 without Indian approval.

US is targeting small countries for F16 sales....Manufacture in India and sell it in countries like BD, Srilanka, Nigeria, Vietnam, Philippines etc.

Wonder who will buy JF17...if F16 is easily available at much cheaper rate

If one thing India can learn from Pakistan towards US policy is that sell well clear of any US f16 jets. because they have a habit to come back and bite you in your @ss

US is targeting small countries for F16 sales....Manufacture in India and sell it in countries like BD, Srilanka, Nigeria, Vietnam, Philippines etc.

Wonder who will buy JF17...if F16 is easily available at much cheaper rate

you mean who will buy the the jf-17 and Tegas now that US is looking to cut the price of f-16s down

Lockheed Martin wants to compete for the JF-17. The best thing about JF-17 is its customize able as per requirement of the buyer. the difference of price will still be too much for a third world country. Also it will add further american influence in the region. America also wants to hijack the Indian National policy. with total american control over indian war machine india will be just another Philippines in the making for the Americans.

Lockheed Martin wants to compete for the JF-17. The best thing about JF-17 is its customize able as per requirement of the buyer. the difference of price will still be too much for a third world country. Also it will add further american influence in the region. America also wants to hijack the Indian National policy. with total american control over indian war machine india will be just another Philippines in the making for the Americans.
Rather than phillipines, you could have easily said pakistan.

Rather than Philippines, you could have easily said Pakistan.
Pakistan is a nuclear nation with a highly specialized army ranked 7th in the world that is manufacturing its jets indigenously. unlike India which still has to work on the definition of Surgical strike and Champion of the world!

Pakistan is a nuclear nation with a highly specialized army ranked 7th in the world that is manufacturing its jets indigenously. unlike India which still has to work on the definition of Surgical strike and Champion of the world!
:rofl::rofl:

I like your definitions of "highly specialized army" and "indigenous manufacturing" of jets.:rofl::rofl:

And a big LOL to "nuclear nation" :hitwall: you guys eat uranium, drink heavy water and then don't need to eat anything for decades I guess.:rofl:

:rofl::rofl:

you guys eat uranium, drink heavy water and then don't need to eat anything for decades I guess.:rofl:

You wish! Allhumdulliah we are still the Champions. you simply can not argue with that. or can you?

Sir, you seem a bit biased here on only with the US platforms. :) Situation was very different then in terms of geopolitics. You were much more closer with Pakistan then as of now from India's perspective, and that impacted a lot of decisions back then, while we were much more closer with Russia back then. Things started changing since 2015 only (though Modi came in 2014, but it took sometime for him to get things rolling with the USA).
I guess I am biased, but I know Rafale and Typhoon are superior than both the F-16 and F/A-18, but India would have gotten a good deal to build the latter two in India...India would already have 50+birds by now on, and well on it's way to 126+

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom