What's new

Linking all Moderators to simple commands.

forcetrip

PDF THINK TANK: CONSULTANT
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
If possible All moderators get alerts by typing @MOD or @mods. I am sensing that has already been implemented, if so please delete or remove the thread.

If possible All moderators get alerts by typing @MOD or @mods. I am sensing that has already been implemented, if so please delete or remove the thread.
I had asked this in some thread running in the suggestion area but was ignored :(

wait why delete?

Those mentioned are 2 users with their id as mod and mods (thats what some one told me here)

Then that should be fixed. Need to streamline the reporting process even further.
Yea recently nuclearpak sahab changed his name to @Fulcrum15 now I cant remember how to quote him coz its confusing they should use a common call where all of them get notified ...many people still go we need @mods any @MOD online now :rofl:

basically there are two issues with that

1) If the plugin owner created an add-on where the entire Moderator's group can be tagged at once. It would also open the space for tagging the entire users group. For example @ group=1 --- is admins and group 2 is mods and group 3 may be users... many members would abuse the power by taking the entire 50k community of this forum. So such feature seems bit unrealistic to me for the time being

2) The only possible solution is that the MODs can manually add people in a certain usergroup created within the plugin where they can add or remove users who will be tagged by typing the code generated by the plugin.

But such features seems far from reality, PDF wouldn't be doing anything unless such features are released by the plugin owner or demanded by many forum owners and which results in rewrite of the whole tag plugin.

The bottom line is -- It is far from reality and we will see when it is be possible. It is going to be the feature of the Xenforo forums and not PDF exclusive...

Yea recently nuclearpak sahab changed his name to @Fulcrum15 now I cant remember how to quote him coz its confusing they should use a common call where all of them get notified ...many people still go we need @mods any @MOD online now :rofl:

I was wondering who is this new mod Ffulcrum15.... I thought may be he was inactive of something...so it is nuclear pak

Then that should be fixed. Need to streamline the reporting process even further.
They'll just tell you, and rightly so, to report a post. I don't see what utility there is in linking all Mods to a single command- that will just result in a duplication of resources and end up being more time consuming for these gentlemen.

They'll just tell you, and rightly so, to report a post. I don't see what utility there is in linking all Mods to a single command- that will just result in a duplication of resources and end up being more time consuming for these gentlemen.

True, mostly I do not report posts on the phone due to the extra typing. This will take care of those lazy people as well.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom