What's new

Letter to Editor - Shaukat Tareen Resignation

MarkTheTruth

Reaction score

Dear Sajjad Ahmad

February 24th, 2010

Not many ministers resign on their own in this land of the pure even when indicted or found culpable of acts totally unbecoming – corruption, moral turpitude, promiscuity etc..

As such there must have been something extraordinary that forced Mr. Shaukat Tareen to tender his resignation. Some privy to palace intrigues blame the tremendous pressure brought upon Shaukat Tareen from certain quarters to not to object to their mega projects and programmes which the finance minister Shaukat Tareen considered not very transparent or beneficial for the country.

Sartaj Aziz was told by the late President Ghulam Ishaq Khan that the Finance Minister could either be popular or patriotic but not both. Clearly Shaukat Tareen chose to be the latter. I salute you, Sir, for your patriotism and wish your successor too would also act in the best interest of Pakistan always.

Col. Riaz Jafri (Retd)

Shaukat Tareen surrendered to extreme corruption...He tried everything but extreme corrupt official failed him so badly....so he quit...Hear on Kamran Khan Show.......sorry to say our nation is extremely corrupt..

Don't know whether Shaukat Tarin was right or wrong but he seems to be right because of his resignation.

Only Few Resign in this Country.And those who resign are most Probably good People.

I Also heard on GEO that he had some disagreement on Independent Power Projects and Also that his Personal Business needed attention.

oh well if you can remember Yousuf Raza Gilani was very angry with him about 6 months ago when he the news circulated that he is about to sack 17 ministers including Shaukat Tareen

It is possible there had been some internal issues with Shoukat Tareen and Gilani that ultimately forced him to resign as Foreign minister

I have firm belief that under developed nations are not developed due to incompetent people heading the top slot. This applies to Pakistan as well. Merit is looked down upon; instead sycophancy is the way to go.

The saying goes “ na khud hkata hai na kisi ko khane deta hai’ meaning any one who does take bribe and also does not let others take it. Thus honesty is a great disqualification.

My salute to Shauakat Tareen, better he leaves than remain associated with the most corrupt gov’t of all times.

Back
Top Bottom