What's new

LCA LSP-3 with ELTA radar to fly today

Hey.. I am a bit confused now.. What is the date of 2014-15 for 1st squad. I was under the impression that the 1st squad will be ready in 2011

wooo what way to start the morning,met department says it can rain today in banglore...i hope it does not....jha ji stay ready with ur cam sirji we need the bird to be clicked and posted here...:smitten::victory::cheers:

Details about Elta-2032:

GENERAL:

The EL/M-2032 is an advanced Multimode Airborne Fire Control Radar designed for multimission fighters, oriented for both air-to-air and strike missions. Modular hardware design, software control and flexible avionic interfaces ensure that the radar can be installed in fighter aircraft (such as F-16, F-5, Mirage, F-4, Mig 21, etc.) and can be customized to meet specific user requirements. The EL/M-2032 radar integrates ELTA's experience with real operational feedback from Israeli Air Force combat pilots.

The EL/M-2032 greatly enhances the Air-to-Air, Air-to-Ground and Air-to-Sea capabilities of the aircraft. In the Air-to-Air modes, the radar enables long-range target detection and tracking for weapon delivery or automatic target acquisition in close combat engagements.

In Air-to-Ground missions, the radar provides very high-resolution mapping (SAR), surface target detection and tracking over RBM, DBS and SAR maps in addition to A/G ranging. In Air-to-Sea missions the radar provides long range target detection and tracking, including target classification capabilities (RS, ISAR).

FEATURES:

* Pulse Doppler, all aspect, look-down shoot-down capabilities.
* TWT coherent transmitter.
* Ultra low sidelobe planar antenna.
* Two axes monopulse, guard channel.
* Programmable signal processor.
* Full software control.
* Most advanced architecture, technology and components.
* Adaptability and growth potential.
o MIL 1553B interface to avionic system.
o Modular hardware configuration.
o Spare memory space and computing power.

Performance

* Air-to-Air detection and tracking range up to 80 NM(150KM App.)
* Air-to-Ground mapping, High Resolution Mapping and surface target detection up to 80 NM(150KM App.).
* Air-to-Sea detection, tracking and classification up to 160 NM(250 KM App.).

Physical Characteristics

Weight: 72-100 Kg depending on antenna size.

Power: 2-3 KVA. depending on Transmitter configuration.

Antenna Size: adapted to aircraft nose limitations.

Operation MODE:

Air-to-Air

* Range While Search (RWS)
* Single Target Track (STT)
* Track While Scan (TWS)
* Situation Awareness Mode (SAM)
* Dual Target Track (DTT)
* Raid Assessment (RA)
* Air Combat Modes (ACM)
o Vertical Scan
o Slewable ACM
o HUD ACM
o Boresight
o Adaptive Boresight

Air-to-Ground

* High resolution mapping (SAR mode) with Image tracking
* SMTI over RBM DBS or SAR
* SMTT over RBM DBS or SAR
* Real Beam Map (RBM)
* Doppler Beam Sharpening (DBS)
* Air-to-Ground Ranging (AGR)
* Beacon (BCN)
* Weather (WA)

Air-to-Sea

* Sea Search (SS)
* Sea Targets TWS
* Sea Target Continuous Track (STCT)
* Inverse SAR (ISAR) Sea target Classification
* Range Signature (RS) Sea target Classification
Israel Aerospace Industries Ltd. (IAI) - Business
URL]

wooo what way to start the morning,met department says it can rain today in banglore...i hope it does not....jha ji stay ready with ur cam sirji we need the bird to be clicked and posted here...:smitten::victory::cheers:

sorry biradar..out of bangalore now...in kolkata....

any mujahid in bangalore around HAL..??

BTW isn't ELTA-2032 supposed to be a stopgap measure untill ELTA-2052 and finally our own AESA arrives...?

sorry biradar..out of bangalore now...in kolkata....

any mujahid in bangalore around HAL..??

got a call from my friend saw a TEJAS zip zap zoom passesd by his office's window..it was folowed by another jet...he is waiting on the roof now lol hahahaha wity his camera on...
Got info from a chaiwala he saio desi mmr is an AESA:smitten:
LCA FLYING WITH MMR-AESA..... LOL OUR BOY IS THE FIRST TO FLY WITH AN AESA.....:victory::sniper::chilli::bunny::bounce:

^ Thats fine mate, we got people like that on both sides

But coming back to LCA, even if the MMR wasnt ready in time i think you guys did a remarkable job with FBW controls atleast. Mastering AFCS will prove to be an asset, especially for AMCA

The first 20 jets will be powered with foreign engine. This month LCA was supposed to be flight tested with a Kaveri engine for evaluation purposes.

On 28th nov 2009 a top DRDO official said kaveri engine would be ready for Tejas by march-april 2010

Now I don't think that DRDO can drag it much further ...Especially after recent reports of cost escalation.

About Radar, other members would be more helpful.

The first 20 jets will be powered with foreign engine. This month LCA was supposed to be flight tested with a Kaveri engine for evaluation purposes.

Now I don't think that DRDO can drag it much further ...Especially after recent reports of cost escalation.

About Radar, other members would be more helpful.

The first squadron of TEJAS will be equipped with the ISREALI MMR EL/2032 AND American engine,lets see after the successfull hig altitude testing wht all is now left for testing for our kaveri...as i have mentioned above our desi MMR WILL BE AN AESA as told by a source. guys just sit back and relax things are goin at the right pace,I hope now you all know why LCA going to the FORWARD BASE in rajasthan:smitten:

foreign engine is not for just 20 planes...even first few squadrons of MK-2 will be powered by foreign engines only...and the way KAVERI is going ,it seems to be integrated into AMCA only...

about radar- MK-1 will be having ELTA-2032 while MK-2 will have ELTA-2052 which is an AESA radar untill our own MMR (AESA) comes out because it is still not finished...

Last edited:
foreign engine is not for just 20 planes...even first few squadrons of MK-2 will be powered by foreign engines only...and the way KAVERI is going ,it seems to be integrated into AMCA only...

about radar- MK-1 will be having ELTA-2032 while MK-2 will have ELTA-2052 which is an AESA radar untill our own MMR (AESA) comes out because it is still not finished...

Is there any update on the Kaveri ?

Back
Top Bottom