What's new

Lankan minister says India aiding separatist forces

India did support and created the LTTE in 1980 because of your policies towards the tamils and your helping pakistan in 1971 war...but after the IPKF fiasco and the assassination of Rajiv Gandhi it all stopped...do you still believe that Sri Lanka can single handedly defeat the LTTE if India would have not stopped supporting the LTTE & other pro Eelam forces...your minister is a blatant liar...if ever there is support to the Tigers it is from TN based political parties who are only interested in saving their vote banks and not by the Indian govt...but we support these people politically....but not materially....the tigers are capable of raising funds from their sympathisers and supporters who are spread all over the world for their material needs.....now shoo and don't drag us in all your ills and tell your minister to STFU

There is a difference between helping to a legit government and helping to a terrorist organization.

If TN is part of India then we see it as India. If TN politicians are damaging neighboring country by supporting to a terror outfit it is India's responsibility to control their state.

Seems like Indians haven't learn the lesson

Seeing the antics of the Buddhist Extermist organizations in SL in recent times, it seems you haven't also learned your lessons.

Seems that lankans have not learned the lesson that if you go against India you are doomed just wait for weak puppet manmohan sigh to go;)

Circumstances are different mate. Your country is weak and we have an Asian backer this time.

Some important aspects of this post..

The statement was made by a Ultra Nationalist member of the coalition govt.. Does not mean it's the stand on the GOSL

This particular minister Weerawansa is well know to put his foot in his mouth..

The GOI have not been supporting any separatist movement in the island since the mid 80's pre IPKF and it's debacle

Inspite of separatist and extremist political forces in Tamil Nadu.. Delhi and Colombo relations both diplomatic and defense relations have been cordial even through few hiccups like the UNHRC vote against Colombo to pacify UPA coalition politics in TN

During the final humanitarian operation against the LTTE terrorists India did support SL armed forces both in intelligence/training and non lethal weaponry

But the LTTE was the brain child of Indira Ghandi and her doctrine to destabilize SL..

GOI still tries to meddle in the internal affairs of SL, Despite the bitter lessons of the past

GOI needs to differentiate it's national foreign policy with internal politics

Finally geo politics are very different now to the late 70's or early 80's.. When cross border terrorism was easy thing to do

I love Sri Lanka but seriously, the whining and rhetoric is getting mighty old. This holier than thou attitude of some Lankans makes me want to cringe 'cause I've see what they're really all about down on their little island. Cry me a darn river.

Peace

I love Sri Lanka but seriously, the whining and rhetoric is getting mighty old. This holier than thou attitude of some Lankans makes me want to cringe 'cause I've see what they're really all about down on their little island. Cry me a darn river.

Peace

One or two overly jingoistic posters in a internet forum does not represent the people.. Same goes to Indians.. You should never judge a nation through it's internet warriors..Cheers

One or two overly jingoistic posters in a internet forum does not represent the people.. So goes to Indians.. You should never judge a nation through it's internet warriors..Cheers

...which is why I used the word "some".

If it is banned terror group then why TN politicians support openly?

Duhh..If you Find anyone You can easily Complain to the Supreme Court

Or is it banned terror group except in TN? Or the TN isn't part of India? ;)

Don't Asks this In-front of Me...? Better getout Now...

There is a difference between helping to a legit government and helping to a terrorist organization.

If TN is part of India then we see it as India. If TN politicians are damaging neighboring country by supporting to a terror outfit it is India's responsibility to control their state.

Whole Indian Law and Order Controlled by Courts Not the Politicians

Circumstances are different mate. Your country is weak and we have an Asian backer this time.

If we go against you , the only thing your Asian backer is going to do is sit back and watch .

That inherently presumes that SLA defeated LTTE single handed which is a blatant lie !

Then India should be responsible for the killing of 5000+ SLA soldiers and officers and wounding 25000+ without taking into account the civilian causalities. So we should have to investigate and apprehend responsible Indian leaders for this. :P

Whether India supporting or not is not matter to us , tamils(world) need separate Eelam surely we get it. We are not in position to forgive Sinhalese.

Back
Top Bottom