17499173_1268820669869694_4769100429493325177_n.jpg

17626692_1268820733203021_7519544265787464914_n.jpg

17554471_1268820759869685_2116747648320717428_n.jpg

17361653_1268820459869715_8186797080749353110_n.jpg

17523428_1268820516536376_2318334189069049562_n.jpg

17553971_1268820473203047_4773211111969819091_n.jpg

17499273_1268820926536335_513095300980590080_n.jpg

_

See? This is why this country hasn't gotten anywhere, the people here are stupid enough to stubbornly stick to their vain desires by providing ludicrous arguments. Observe,

1) You are comparing the 1800s London to today's Lahore? Are you soft in the top? Your comparing a time when there was no other option for mass passenger and goods commute other than rail? Do you know when was the first car made? With which came wide paved roads, such as Lahore's? So do you need rail to transport your goods from Ichra to Shadman or can you get your butt their by road easily?

2) There will always be poverty. But were the poverty levels as high and as critical then in England as they are right now in Pakistan? Nope, not anywhere close. What did England did about those poverty levels? Invested all that it had on a Metro Train?

3) Was the British government strapped of critical funds? Nope, your article states otherwise. England at that time had more money than it could spend. Pray tell how much do we have?

4) What did England first do, built its tube (underground train)? Or invested in health, energy, education, economy? Ding, ding, ding! They first made theirs the best education system in the world, then provided their whole, yes WHOLE population with free medical care, and lets just say that the English populace has no idea what "load shedding" means.

5) Do you know what the MET was like when it was made? It was the bare essentials, not a vanity item such as what your CM wants to build. It had gas-lit wooden carriages hauled by steam locomotives.

:crazy:.......

The above article suggests improving the transportation system to facilitate the businesses that are and businesses that will come, making them grow and hence improving the economy. Pray tell me what is the situation of "businesses" in Pakistan right now? Are they growing? Or is your whole industry in shambles due to the energy crisis that we are going through, which we apparently cannot fix because we have no funds, funds which we are spending on the GRAND METRO FEEL GOOD TRANSPORTATION PROJECT? Tell me what is your transportation system going to transport? Thousands of unemployed youth looking for any meagre employment opportunity? Hundreds of thousands of people working for less than $2 a day? You don't have enough energy to power businesses and households in the city through a +45 C day, where will the power come for this train? What would make the economy grow more in a country which has virtually no education, no energy, no industry with an utterly ruined economy?

a) Education?
b) No energy shortage?
c) Subsidies to the local businesses?
d) Subsidized fuel?
e) A shiny new Metro Train?

What have you been smoking?

Apparently you are super infatuated with Subways/Metro Trains. Trust me they are nothing glamorous. They are dirty, filthy, crowded, filled with weirdos, shady characters and thieves. No one ever goes "Hey! I know! Today I wanna go travel through the subway!" These are not vanity items. Kindly grow up....

Lahore does need a major revamp in the public transportation system. Your bus system is a joke. The buses are over crowded, broken down, the drivers are assholes, the quality is shot, the schedules are nowhere, one could go on for ever..... If you really want to improve Lahore's public transportation system start with there. Couple it with strict traffic law enforcement and you won't need to spend anything big on public transportation for another couple of decades.

The down town areas of all the major cities in North America (New York, Chicago, Toronto) and Europe (Paris, Rome, London) have very very narrow roads and more cars than all of Lahore put together. How do they manage it? Strict and efficient traffic law enforcement and a good public bus service. Ironically in Lahore the government keeps widening the roads (concept unknown to the west), builds flyovers everywhere the CM's head turns, builds a metro bus line but does not give two jacks about traffic law enforcement or the public bus system and thus the traffic situation remains out of control. Wonder why? Oh I know, because there is no vain and juvenile pride in having proper traffic controls or a good public bus service.

ps: It was funny how after the Metro Bus started, the tv channels were interviewing people about their satisfaction with the service, people who were earning less than Rs.200/day unaware that the money spent on the bus could have doubled their earnings if invested properly.

Doubt you understood any of this, because you know 'Metro Rail' *droool*.....

you live in canada?
you know what they are doing to drivers in Toronto?
Lahore is 4 times bigger than Toronto

you live in canada?
you know what they are doing to drivers in Toronto?
Lahore is 4 times bigger than Toronto

You know the education index of Canada? Poverty rate? GDP? Health Care? Social Security?

Looks like a successful project if only it can be sustained for 20 years now that would be something

You know the education index of Canada? Poverty rate? GDP? Health Care? Social Security?

what does it have to do with city traffic and transportation?. Doesn't citizen of Pakistan have right to travel like human being instead of sheeps stuffed in 5ft high boxes or ear drum blowing Rickshaws.

what does it have to do with city traffic and transportation?. Doesn't citizen of Pakistan have right to travel like human being instead of sheeps stuffed in 5ft high boxes or ear drum blowing Rickshaws.

Agree....:pakistan:

Kindly do not reply to posts that you haven't read in their entirety. Your question was already answered in the post you quoted.

Youthians doing randi rona everywhere. Disgusting.

Kindly do not reply to posts that you haven't read in their entirety. Your question was already answered in the post you quoted.

I was replying to your Gems of a post, if you dont want people to reply to you Kindly keep your ideas to yourself

I was replying to your Gems of a post, if you dont want people to reply to you Kindly keep your ideas to yourself

You quote a post which states exactly why is "A=B" and ask why "A=B". Are you trying to create an infinite loop of me posting the same post?

You quote a post which states exactly why is "A=B" and ask why "A=B". Are you trying to create an infinite loop of me posting the same post?

Why are you posting if you agree when someone who says A=B...you have no clue what discussion is?
let me explain, someone says A=B, then he gives arguments about his theory, then you ask question.

like I asked you a question what does Education, Health care and Social Security setup in Canada has to do with Metro train and transportation. Are uneducated people not able to use proper transportation. and please dont make a retarded reply if you dont have anything to say

Why are you posting if you agree when someone who says A=B...you have no clue what discussion is?
let me explain, someone says A=B, then he gives arguments about his theory, then you ask question.

like I asked you a question what does Education, Health care and Social Security setup in Canada has to do with Metro train and transportation. Are uneducated people not able to use proper transportation. and please dont make a retarded reply if you dont have anything to say

You see this post of your's?

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/laho...-news-and-updates.286707/page-15#post-9334127

You see the post you quoted? My post? It has the all the answers to this post of your's,

Keep up, the instructions were very simple.

And again, kindly only quote people when you've read their posts that you quote in their entirety and understood them. Most of us here don't have the time to indulge you when you can't put two and two together, you must pull your own dead-weight. Not even when you try to act tough.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom