What's new

Lahore at high polio risk

Nobody is saying "forget". or should say "forget 5 years".

In such cases you see a trend, short term and long term.

And I believe we had a good trend going for 5 years but recently we are suffering due to militancy and political instability.

I also believe that getting people out of NWA was blessing in disguise. it has allowed mass vaccination which wasn't possible before.

Same way, our educated elite and our politicians should focus on these problems.

Punjab MNAs and MPAs of every party PPP, PTI, and PML should be told to quit cheep politics and show up in their districts to make sure everyone is immunized.

This is the time IK should send his volunteers out

And so should other leaders.

no time for dharnas, biyan bazi, and jalsa jaloos

hope you understand

I can see next year polio cases drastically reducing now because of NW operation.

The amount needed to conduct this type of warfare is HUGE.

So no.

This is about us, that we fail to immunize our poor kids.
sometimes due their parents, and mostly due to our own pathetic habits of educated elite.
Spreading a virus doesnt require much amount...You just require a plan and some fresh virus at hand....It didnt take long for America to get a bacterial attack (Anthrax) Polio tou virus hai!

So much of claims and proposals by provincial health ministry - compulsory vaccination at entry points, tight scrutiny and what not!

Spreading a virus doesnt require much amount...You just require a plan and some fresh virus at hand....It didnt take long for America to get a bacterial attack (Anthrax) Polio tou virus hai!

only for contagious varieties that can transfer from hand to hand or through air.

Polio is not in that class.

Finding virus in gutter = actual polio case

Any exemple of case effected by polio in punjab this year?
So exactly where were these 9 samples found?

The provincial capital of Punjab has turned to be a ‘top high risk city of the country’ for continuously reporting poliovirus as another sewage sample has been tested positive.

only for contagious varieties that can transfer from hand to hand or through air.

Polio is not in that class.
polio or infantile paralysis, is an acute, viral, infectious disease spread from person to person, primarily via the fecal-oral route

I blame the people for not making better sewage and not considering hygiene and even the "gutter" @xyxmt was it you who was discussing how people dont consider cleanliness as a necessity!

polio is spread through contact with stool from an infected person

as opposed to the virus like flu
Which medical school did you get your degree from?

Polio is a highly contagious illness that can spread easily from person to person. How is polio spread? In most cases, polio is spread through contact with stool from an infected person (for example, eating food that is contaminated with poliovirus). Less commonly, polio transmission occurs through contact with respiratory droplets or saliva.

Somebody tell this news to that MNA from Faislabad, Talal something. He was bashing IK, well KPK problems can be understood, but Punjad should not have developed such a case.

Where is all the grants gone by WHO ??????? N-League corruption mafia at work in privacy i guess.

Punjab got the problem for 2 reasons:

1) Stupid shitty sewage system is from British time not 1 peabrain thought of putting in a whole new system or atleast checking the efficiency or upgrading the system

2) Stupid corruption prob ate all the grants from WHO!

Easy way out: Blame IK blame IDP blame everyone but your own shitty Punjab govt! Kabhi unko bhi dekh liyea kero what shit they are full off! Most of them are on posts coz they know someone not coz of their credibility!

Jub anari city run kerain gay tou yahin ho ga!

polio is spread through contact with stool from an infected person

as opposed to the virus like flu

That's the route of transmission, of course it's different for different viruses. I was asking about it's contiguous nature, is it noncontiguous like you said in other post?

Which medical school did you get your degree from?

Polio is a highly contagious illness that can spread easily from person to person. How is polio spread? In most cases, polio is spread through contact with stool from an infected person (for example, eating food that is contaminated with poliovirus). Less commonly, polio transmission occurs through contact with respiratory droplets or saliva.

ARe you arguing with me on "less commonly spread"?

Because the first part is the common way and your quotation is same as mine.

Or is it just behs brai behs.

People should actually just read a little wiki for definition of the very thing they are talking about or shoving down other's throats!

ARe you arguing with me on "less commonly spread"?

Because the first part is the common way and your quotation is same as mine.

Or is it just behs brai behs.
I beg your pardon?! I am not the one who said it isnt contagious! I just showed you how you are wrong...Mayray opper kiyun bhatak rahay ho?

Less commonly doesnt mean it doesnt spread! My post for the fecal transmission was because someone was asking the previous 2 cases and was in response to this:

Finding virus in gutter = actual polio case

Any exemple of case effected by polio in punjab this year?

I even highlighted it...But virus is a virus it is more dangerous than Bacteria and usually has multiple ways to infect people!

(for example, eating food that is contaminated with poliovirus)
It can also easily spread due to pathetic drainage or sewage system which whole of Punjab is blessed with due to ignorance!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom