What's new

Kurdish PKK rebels 'halt Turkey pull-out'

Sam1980

Reaction score
Country
Australia
The rebel Kurdistan Workers' Party (PKK) says it has halted its withdrawal from Turkey, a website linked to the armed militant group reports.

The PKK accused the Turkish government of failing to move towards "democratisation and the resolution of the Kurdish problem", the Firat news agency reported.

The PKK had started the withdrawal earlier this year, under a peace plan.

The 30-year Kurdish conflict has left more than 40,000 people dead.

The PKK said the ceasefire it announced in March would remain in force. But it urged Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan's government to "take action in line with the project of Kurdish leader Abdullah Ocalan", the jailed PKK commander who negotiated the peace deal.

Ankara insists on a full PKK withdrawal for peace talks to progress.

Under the deal, Turkey is expected to improve Kurdish rights, such as by scrapping a controversial anti-terrorism law and allowing Kurdish children to be educated in their own language.

The anti-terrorism law has been used to jail thousands of people for alleged links to the PKK.

'Irresponsible attitude'
The PKK took up arms in 1984 with the aim of creating a Kurdish state in south-eastern Turkey, but it has now moderated its goal to regional autonomy.

It has been designated a terrorist organisation by Turkey, the United States and European Union.

Kurds are believed to make up about a fifth of Turkey's population.

The PKK statement accused Ankara of "an irresponsible attitude" towards the peace process "by giving no answer to the steps of the Kurdish liberation movement".

It also accused Turkey of building new military posts and dams in Kurdish areas, of failing to release PKK prisoners or scrap the anti-terrorism law and of not consulting Kurds about the democratisation plans.

On the Kurdish language issue, it said it saw "no evidence" of any Turkish commitment to providing education in Kurdish children's mother tongue.

BBC News - Kurdish PKK rebels 'halt Turkey pull-out'

Well, I would be surprised if they didn't! PKK is eyeing Syria's Kurdistan now, when both Bashar and "rebels" hammer each other completely, they're (PKK) going to eventually annex Syria's Kurdistan to Iraq's Kurdistan; Iraq's Kurdistan is already acting like an independent state, its the most stable, developed part of the Iraq, if Iraqis want to visit they need to apply for visa! How is that not an independent state?

I know many Turks may disagree with me, but supporting "rebels" was a big mistake, as now Bashar has completely lost control over Syria's Kurdistan (he knows he can't fight a three-front war), this war has only set in motion the plan for creation of state of Kurdistan.

What would you rather have?
Incase of a war,knowing where to hit or just like before searching caves?
So in a way its good,as long as they dont want autonomy/independence within Turkish territory.

So in a way its good,as long as they dont want autonomy/independence within Turkish territory.

Well, that's their ultimate goal, to form a "Kurdish State", this is a very serious threat and it requires cooperation of the countries that share this common threat, Syria, Turkey, Iraq and Iran must cooperate to prevent "Kurdish State" from happening.

Not rebells, TERRORISTS.

No doubt about it, but I didn't want to change the title, apparently its against the forum rules or something!

What some Turks fail to understand is that stability and security of Turkey is very important to Iran, because of the followings:

1- Iraq has a very limited control over its Kurdistan and new Iraqi constitution empowers Kurds as well, therefore Iraq is out;
2- Syria has lost control over its Kurdistan and in the event of Bashar fall, "rebels" are no match for the battle-hardened PKK that is being funded by Kurdistan "regional" government.

Therefore, it only leaves Turkey that could act upon the terrorists and prevent them from further realizing their goals. Iran prefers not to fight this war alone. Simple logic, should be easy to understand.

Well, that's their ultimate goal, to form a "Kurdish State", this is a very serious threat and it requires cooperation of the countries that share this common threat, Syria, Turkey, Iraq and Iran must cooperate to prevent "Kurdish State" from happening.

You say that, but open the thread with a news that marks them rebels, not terrorists. I am not sure you are honest with your thoughts, cuz your action as above contradicts it.

---00-----

Terrorism is not someting to negotiate, but the current government goes for this way; but i am pretty sure that the coming election will give another chance to get what they want from the government as before. it is not coincidence that whenever the election gets close, The akp gives what they want, so the akp can get the votes easily; if The terrorists escalates the attacks, then the votes will go for MHP and a little CHP. if someone says this loud, then they start to claim WHO says that is WHO wants more blood; but actually WHO says that is WHO thinks country in the first place and then think his own wishes in the second place. otherwise, how would the pkk and its politic branch Bdp be most powerful than ever during the akp government?

You say that, but open the thread with a news that marks them rebels, not terrorists. I am not sure you are honest with your thoughts, cuz your action as above contradicts it.

Brother, I'm sure he didn't mean to label them as "rebels" but quoting a news article requires that one does not change the original content - title included. It's the media's fault, be it foreign or "Turkish".

Terrorism is not someting to negotiate, but the current government goes for this way; but i am pretty sure that the coming election will give another chance to get what they want from the government as before. it is not coincidence that whenever the election gets close, The akp gives what they want, so the akp can get the votes easily; if The terrorists escalates the attacks, then the votes will go for MHP and i little CHP. if someone says this loud, then they start to claim WHO says that is WHO wants more blood; but actually WHO says that is WHO thinks country in the first place and then think his own wishes in the second place. otherwise, how would the pkk and its politic branch Bdp be most powerful than ever during the akp government?

It's a shame that the politicians has turned our fight against these cavemen into a political tool while they really should let our armed forces go with full force.

What some Turks fail to understand is that stability and security of Turkey is very important to Iran, because of the followings:

1- Iraq has a very limited control over its Kurdistan and new Iraqi constitution empowers Kurds as well, therefore Iraq is out;
2- Syria has lost control over its Kurdistan and in the event of Bashar fall, "rebels" are no match for the battle-hardened PKK that is being funded by Kurdistan "regional" government.

Therefore, it only leaves Turkey that could act upon the terrorists and prevent them from further realizing their goals. Iran prefers not to fight this war alone. Simple logic, should be easy to understand.
Lets say they form this ''kurdistan'',dont you think it would be more easy for all concerned(Iran,Iraq,Syria,Turkey)to whipe them out when needed?
Then you fight against a country and not some in cave hiding rats.
If you think some country is going to come to the rescue,i would say:in their dreams.

Please show me, where did I label them as "rebels"? I just copy-pasted the piece from the BBC! :what:

your honesty lies in your actions; for example nearly the same ''news'' was aired by other sources that mark them as terrorists, but you picked up the one that does not mark them so. there is no difference if you would post the ''news'' from the pkk terrorist organisation's propaganda agency.

Baykuş;4748179 said:
Brother, I'm sure he didn't mean to label them as "rebels" but quoting a news article requires that one does not change the original content - title included. It's the media's fault, be it foreign or "Turkish".

it is always about the intentions; you see them as terrorists so you would prefer the one that marks them so, if you had to pick in two different news sources; but this member picked up the one that does not mark so.

You always have to be carefull with details, that always tells the truth. Otherwise , you are easy to fool.

It's a shame that the politicians has turned our fight against these cavemen into a political tool while they really should let our armed forces go with full force.

It is not about shame or other things; it is about our people and their way of thinking due to poor education.

as for the politicans and officers , since 1950 we have been living the same story; for examle , we produced our own plane in 1930, i say this because our national intellectual background was very limited, but yet we did produce them; that is because the leaders and the officers in the state were idealistic and honest people; but after their terms, we have always seen the same kind people: Demirel, Özal, Çiller, Menderes, Erdoğan etc. they have plundered the country, just remember on the eve of any election, they always give out land to people WHO illegaly built apartments there.

Lets say they form this ''kurdistan'',dont you think it would be more easy for all concerned(Iran,Iraq,Syria,Turkey)to whipe them out when needed?
Then you fight against a country and not some in cave hiding rats.
If you think some country is going to come to the rescue,i would say:in their dreams.

Well, not all Kurds want autonomy, we can't just wipe everyone out, PKK and PJAK terrorists have killed many Kurds as well as many Iranians and Turks. We have to be very precise just to deal with them without harming ordinary people, otherwise they will use "Civilian casualties" to rally more people to their cause, why do you think they hide themselves in mountains and near the villages? So they can "cry foul" whenever Iran or Turkey respond! Because they know ordinary people will end up getting killed! Standard terrorist tactic that is widely being used by all cowardly terrorist organizations.

Besides, 2 years ago when Iran and Turkey joined forces to teach them a lesson, remember what happened?

Iran shelling of Kurd separatist rebels displaces over 200 families | News , Middle East | THE DAILY STAR
Kurdish civilian injured in Iranian shelling of Iraq's Kurdistan borders
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/19/world/europe/19turkey.html?_r=0
Iran/Turkey: Recent Attacks on Civilians in Iraqi Kurdistan | Human Rights Watch
Refworld | Iran continues shelling Kurds in Iraqi territory

They framed Iran Turkey both as aggressors.

Of course no other country is going to help, this is the threat that we all share, and we need to start cooperating with each other and put aside the differences.

your honesty lies in your actions; for example nearly the same ''news'' was aired by other sources that mark them as terrorists, but you picked up the one that does not mark them so. there is no difference if you would post the ''news'' from the pkk terrorist organisation's propaganda agency.

Wow... just WOW! After reading the news on an Iranian website, I decided to check see if its real, then I Googled: PKK Turkey, the first link was BBC, I took it out and post it here, why would I support PKK?! Their friends, PJAK killed 6 people in Iran about a month ago.

Back
Top Bottom