What's new

KSA discovers 100 billion barrels of crude oil along the Red Sea coast, ARAMCO pioneers new tech

big bucks

Arab world could use closer integration for joint governance, although integration on a level where it becomes a federal government is unlikely. There's possibility to create a true integration on the military side (not through politics but directly between the chiefs of staff/generals) for a NATO like alliance.

Build, test and refine such a mechanism by actually deploying troops from one Arab state to join operations in another and vice-verse. Syria and Libya can use some fixing. Infact other Arabs can train them better than outsiders. Some Arab states specialized in air power, others in urban warfare/CT, SF roles etc. With small teams they can be effective to guide and direct mass troops of other Arab states in chaos.

Last edited:
All the best to Pakistan as well bro. Let's continue to strengthen the 5000 year old relations (Dilmun, Magan, Sumer etc. and IVC) and kickstart something promising.

BTW oil is just a few of the many resources that KSA is floating on. In fact the entire Arabian Peninsula and much of the Arab world. Geology and all. Or divine intervention. Probably a combination.;)

Thanks brother, God speed to KSA and their Developments ..

and i agree Oil is just one resource that KSA is floating on, along with rich culture ..and yes its both Geography and Divine Intervention , no way Allah has not blessed the where our Prophet pbuh walked .

big bucks

Arab world could use closer integration for joint governance, although integration on a level where it becomes a federal government is unlikely. There's possibility to create a true integration on the military side (not through politics but directly between the chiefs of staff/generals) for a NATO like alliance.

Build, test and refine such a mechanism by actually deploying troops from one Arab state to join operations in another and vice-verse. Syria and Libya can use some fixing. Infact other Arabs can train them better than outsiders. Some Arab states specialized in air power, others in urban warfare/CT, SF roles etc. With small teams they can be effective to guide and direct mass troops of other Arab states in chaos.

Not only that but closer economic cooperation as well. In fact I strongly believe that the Arab League should/could/has the potential to develop into a EU like organization one day. A military wing could also easily (in theory) be created. Not long ago (2015) the heads of Arab League countries agreed to form a joint Arab military force. Compromising some 42,000 elite troops, supported by war planes, naval vessels and light armour. Intended to combat terrorism in Arab nations jointly and with the blessings of each individual Arab country. Not sure what the current situation is.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-32106939

As we have discussed this many times before as have millions of Arabs on Arab forums and in person, there are a few possibilities in the near future. Regional blocs developing some time in the future (for instance GCC + Yemen + Iraq + Jordan and potentially neighboring Palestine, Syria and Lebanon - basically what could/probably would have been one large federal Arab country as envisioned 100 years ago if not for broken British and French promises - I am sure you know the historical background of this) or a united Mashriq, Egypt (maybe with Libya) on its own (due to population size and potential on its own) and the Maghreb. Here I am talking about regional political, economic and military blocs that could be allied closely with the remaining 2 (or how blocs there will be) other Arab blocs. Here various pan-Arab organizations (political, military, economic, cultural, religious etc.) could play a role to help create this realistic (IMO) vision.

Or more unlikely a large federal state (some time in the future) in the mold of the US or the old USSR. Personally I believe that the regional blocs would be more than enough or just closer (people to people are already close) and more effective economic, military and political cooperation and everything else.

When KSA and much of the Arab world and Iran no longer will be in a proxy war (question of time as the current status quo is not normal looking just at the past 100 years or Islamic history by large) Iraq could easily join the GCC for instance (as envisioned and wished by many Iraqi politicians and which would most likely have happened if not for events in the past 20-30 years).

However there is also the question of governance and system of governance. As most Arabs, I am not exactly a huge fan of our rulers and their policies in regard to each other (the likes of MbS and Al-Abadi are shinning lights for now amidst the darkness) and I know for a fact that many state policies do not reflect that of the people so plans such as those we two envision and most Arabs, can easily be sabotaged by such rulers.

However with time, we will naturally see more closeness which reflects the historical realities of the past. That I have no doubt about. We already see it nowadays but in the infancy.

BTW Iraq has likewise HUGE undiscovered oil and gas reserves. The entire area bordering KSA (almost 1000 km), Anbar etc. is by all accounts full of oil and gas and phosphate. Geology alone confirms this.

Lastly the most important thing is that we (Arabs) can secure our own backyard (countries) without outside help.

This statement sums my feelings up and that of most Arabs I would claim. In general the article (at its core) is spot on.

"It is my hope that the Arab League Summit to be held in Sharm el-Sheikh on March 28-29 will be just as decisive in its backing of a Joint Arab Force able to tackle any emergency in our part of the world
. We can no longer rely on our western allies to do the job for us, especially when their foreign policies are muddled and incoherent."

We don’t require a green light from anyone to defend our land, the safety of our peoples or our collective dignity. As a nation of 450 million, acknowledged as the birthplace of civilisation, we resent being treated like underage children. We neither need nor should seek permission from anyone.

Of course the article was written in a nationalistic and patriotic fashion and given the time (March 2015 when the intervention in Yemen began) but the core messages, which I have highlighted, are the key here and I believe that we all can agree on this.

https://english.alarabiya.net/en/vi.../A-salute-to-our-heroes-liberating-Yemen.html

BTW having written this, it is almost poetic that KSA and Iraq worked together to roast some Daeshi rats in the vicinity a few days ago!

https://artsakhpress.am/eng/news/80...ate-terrorists-along-saudi-arabia-border.html

Gotta go bro so I might not reply immediately in case of a reply.

Thanks brother, God speed to KSA and their Developments ..

and i agree Oil is just one resource that KSA is floating on, along with rich culture ..and yes its both Geography and Divine Intervention , no way Allah has not blessed the where our Prophet pbuh walked .

Let us hope for the best in the future for sure.

Last edited:
Not only that but closer economic cooperation as well. In fact I strongly believe that the Arab League should/could/has the potential to develop into a EU like organization one day. A military wing could also easily (in theory) be created. Not long ago (2015) the heads of Arab League countries agreed to form a joint Arab military force. Compromising some 42,000 elite troops, supported by war planes, naval vessels and light armour. Intended to combat terrorism in Arab nations jointly and with the blessings of each individual Arab country. Not sure what the current situation is.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-32106939

As we have discussed this many times before as have millions of Arabs on Arab forums and in person, there are a few possibilities in the near future. Regional blocs developing some time in the future (for instance GCC + Yemen + Iraq + Jordan and potentially neighboring Palestine, Syria and Lebanon - basically what could/probably would have been one large federal Arab country as envisioned 100 years ago if not for broken British and French promises - I am sure you know the historical background of this) or a united Mashriq, Egypt (maybe with Libya) on its own (due to population size and potential on its own) and the Maghreb. Here I am talking about regional political, economic and military blocs that could be allied closely with the remaining 2 (or how blocs there will be) other Arab blocs. Here various pan-Arab organizations (political, military, economic, cultural, religious etc.) could play a role to help create this realistic (IMO) vision.

Or more unlikely a large federal state (some time in the future) in the mold of the US or the old USSR. Personally I believe that the regional blocs would be more than enough or just closer (people to people are already close) and more effective economic, military and political cooperation and everything else.

When KSA and much of the Arab world and Iran no longer will be in a proxy war (question of time as the current status quo is not normal looking just at the past 100 years or Islamic history by large) Iraq could easily join the GCC for instance (as envisioned and wished by many Iraqi politicians and which would most likely have happened if not for events in the past 20-30 years).

However there is also the question of governance and system of governance. As most Arabs, I am not exactly a huge fan of our rulers and their policies in regard to each other (the likes of MbS and Al-Abadi are shinning lights for now amidst the darkness) and I know for a fact that many state policies do not reflect that of the people so plans such as those we two envision and most Arabs, can easily be sabotaged by such rulers.

However with time, we will naturally see more closeness which reflects the historical realities of the past. That I have no doubt about. We already see it nowadays but in the infancy.

BTW Iraq has likewise HUGE undiscovered oil and gas reserves. The entire area bordering KSA (almost 1000 km), Anbar etc. is by all accounts full of oil and gas and phosphate. Geology alone confirms this.

Lastly the most important thing is that we (Arabs) can secure our own backyard (countries) without outside help.

This statement sums my feelings up and that of most Arabs I would claim. In general the article (at its core) is spot on.

"It is my hope that the Arab League Summit to be held in Sharm el-Sheikh on March 28-29 will be just as decisive in its backing of a Joint Arab Force able to tackle any emergency in our part of the world
. We can no longer rely on our western allies to do the job for us, especially when their foreign policies are muddled and incoherent."

We don’t require a green light from anyone to defend our land, the safety of our peoples or our collective dignity. As a nation of 450 million, acknowledged as the birthplace of civilisation, we resent being treated like underage children. We neither need nor should seek permission from anyone.

Of course the article was written in a nationalistic and patriotic fashion and given the time (March 2015 when the intervention in Yemen began) but the core messages, which I have highlighted, are the key here and I believe that we all can agree on this.

https://english.alarabiya.net/en/vi.../A-salute-to-our-heroes-liberating-Yemen.html

BTW having written this, it is almost poetic that KSA and Iraq worked together to roast some Daeshi rats in the vicinity a few days ago!

https://artsakhpress.am/eng/news/80...ate-terrorists-along-saudi-arabia-border.html

Gotta go bro so I might not reply immediately in case of a reply.

Iraq-Saudi governments cooperation paves the road to combatting (on the political level at least) the 'Sunni-Shia' issue which fuels insurgencies in the region, it functions as ideological fuel for extremists of both sides to wreak havoc against central governments and terrorize the people. At least in the Arab world this will have major positive impact as Iraq is the Shia centre for the Arab world, whilst Saudi Arabia is that of the Sunni world. A strengthened Iraq will also enable Najaf to assume the role of 'voice of Shias' in the region to counter-balance that of Qom', this will decrease problems.

The opportunities for military cooperation are massive. As you pointed out they created an alliance earlier, however this alliance goes beyond the Arab world and does not include Iraq (which would be important in my opinion to represent the Shi'a of the Arab world especially), currently some may see it as a 'Sunni' bloc to counter the Shi'a. Despite who is part of it and what it represents.. so far it has mostly been an on-paper alliance without consensus from the parties as it includes Turkey which has an agenda that differs from that of all Arab states (except tiny Qatar perhaps). I see a solution in GCC (minus Qatar) approachment with Iraq and Egypt, I am not saying this because of my Iraqi background but rather the realistic options on the ground. It is unlikely to see a GCC-Turkey alliance on a deep level given the countering foreign policies of both sides which we can see in Qatar. Jordan would of course be part of this but that is no news, Iraq joining would alter the situation and enable for further development (politically, militarily etc. to shift the balance of power, perhaps put more weight into Syria). This is more realistic for Iraq given its unofficial but de-facto military alliance with the US, it's unlikely the country will align itself with Russia, Iran and the Syrian gov. As we both know, there is a power struggle ongoing and we will see what happens during the elections. Personally I believe in an alliance with the west and integration within the GCC, my previous nationalistic stances were not progressive and based on pride rather than advancement.

Last edited:
Iraq-Saudi governments cooperation paves the road to combatting (on the political level at least) the 'Sunni-Shia' issue which fuels insurgencies in the region, it functions as ideological fuel for extremists of both sides to wreak havoc against central governments and terrorize the people. At least in the Arab world this will have major positive impact as Iraq is the Shia centre for the Arab world, whilst Saudi Arabia is that of the Sunni world. A strengthened Iraq will also enable Najaf to assume the role of 'voice of Shias' in the region to counter-balance that of Qom', this will decrease problems.

The opportunities for military cooperation are massive. As you pointed out they created an alliance earlier, however this alliance goes beyond the Arab world and does not include Iraq (which would be important in my opinion to represent the Shi'a of the Arab world especially), currently some may see it as a 'Sunni' bloc to counter the Shi'a. Despite who is part of it and what it represents.. so far it has mostly been an on-paper alliance without consensus from the parties as it includes Turkey which has an agenda that differs from that of all Arab states (except tiny Qatar perhaps). I see a solution in GCC (minus Qatar) approachment with Iraq and Egypt, I am not saying this because of my Iraqi background but rather the realistic options on the ground. It is unlikely to see a GCC-Turkey alliance on a deep level given the countering foreign policies of both sides which we can see in Qatar. Jordan would of course be part of this but that is no news, Iraq joining would alter the situation and enable for further development (politically, militarily etc. to shift the balance of power, perhaps put more weight into Syria). This is more realistic for Iraq given its unofficial but de-facto military alliance with the US, it's unlikely the country will align itself with Russia, Iran and the Syrian gov. As we both know, there is a power struggle ongoing and we will see what happens during the elections. Personally I believe in an alliance with the west and integration within the GCC, my previous nationalistic stances were not progressive and based on pride rather than advancement.

Without a doubt. If KSA and Iraq can have cordial and truly trustful ties (which was the case for the 4 first decades of Iraq's existence - the modern-day entity that is, returning to close ties throughout the late 1960's and most of the 1970's and 1980's despite political disagreements on certain fronts), I think that this could solve many current issues in the Arab world. It would pretty much (potentially) restore Sunni Arab and Shia Arab ties to what they were pre-1979. Mostly cordial and only limited to a few religious differences which were for the most part dealt with in a civilized and peaceful way. As it should be. BTW don't forget that KSA is also home to a significant Shia community. Having them fully "onboard" is important as well as for Iraq to have the Sunni community in Iraq fully "onboard". As you might know, KSA is going through some unprecedented changes since 1979, that bonds well for the future and the cultural changes in the society (some controversial such as the rise of atheism - apparently KSA has one of the highest percentages of convicted atheists in the entire Muslim world and world in fact)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...rising-map-of-where-the-worlds-atheists-live/

and the demographics (almost 75% below 30 years of age) and people (most) being feed up of the retarded Sahwa movement (dying) that even MbS openly talked against as well as saying that a minority of loud barking extremists will no longer hijack the country and its future and declaring that he wants to destroy radical interpretations of Islam, are great signs. In Iraq many people are also feed up due to events since 2003, especially Iraqi Sunni Arabs after the Daesh cancer. Shia Arabs in the South will outgrow this alliance to Islamist clerics and parties as well seeing that most of them are highly corrupt and incompetent (not saying this because they are Shia as there are many normal Shia clerics in Iraq as well as politicians first and foremost - some of the best are Shia - Al-Abadi for instance) and people who do not care about the country or people. Not to say some of them caring more about foreign entities than their own country. Some even proudly proclaiming this. Such backward and hurtful thinking will not continue for much longer seeing the political changes of Iraq's foreign policy after Al-Maliki and the economic boosts this change will create and other positives.
However many people (Iraqi Shias) supported such groups and political parties headed by clerics due to the fight against Daesh so people united under this banner. This is fine in itself. What must not happen though, for the sake of the future of Iraq and the people, is not for a Hezbollah or Houthi like movement to arise which is something a certain neighbor would love and already supports openly ever since 2003. Once such a cancer is out there it is hard to remove it quickly.

Opportunities are not only massive for military cooperation but all kinds of cooperation. Just a few quick examples; economic, infrastructural, educational, renewable energy (solar, wind, thermal), nuclear energy cooperation, oil and gas (petrochemical sector), minerals, cultural, tourism, including religious tourism, archaeological cooperation, security cooperation etc. Such cooperation already exists but it is in its infancy after first 1990-2003 (era) and post-2003 era.

Arabs, regardless of ideology or religion, should work together. I personally do not care what sect Arabs have or political ideology (for instance I can believe that some Shia Muslim practices are wrong or strange or whatever or that the visions of for instance Arab communists are failed etc.) as long as they are not terrorists or support such people that destroy countries and communities. The problem with Arabs and Muslims and people outside of the West is that politics, sects, alliances are a huge deal for many and if even fellow countrymen have different opinions, conflicts or violence can occur. Good examples of this are the current civil wars.

BTW I think that there has been some misunderstanding. What you are referring to here is probably that Islamic anti-terrorism coalition started by MbS where all Arab and Muslim countries, with the exception of Algeria, Iraq, Syria and Iran (Indonesia too if I am not wrong) are a part of. That organization, while potentially successful, I am less interested in in this context of our discussion. What I referred to was what the Arab League (Arab states) agreed to. See the BBC link. This is more interesting for our discussion since it is limited to the Arab world and my philosophy is that only Arabs should deal with problems within the Arab world. We can ask foreigners for help if needed and if there is an agreement but your own security should be in your own hands.

Turkey under Erdogan has a different vision (their wish is pro-Turkish entities that will prefer Turkish exports and goods, populism (MB) and a bit of failed and unrealistic Neo-Ottomanism hidden under other "projects") but I do not believe that they (Turkey as a country) cannot be a partner. The Qatar relationship is a bit absurd to me and there are many theories, conspiracy theories and facts surrounding this relationship. In any case tiny Qatar is not important here in the bigger picture and they cannot escape from their neighborhood or identity.

Iran too I believe can become a partner again at least for neighboring GCC and Iraq but hopefully without the Mullah's. For instance the biggest trade partner (second at the lowest) of Mullah-ruled Iran is the UAE in the region just as the largest Iranian diaspora in the world, outside of the US, is located in the GCC (UAE mainly). Surprising but nevertheless true. My sole problem with them is their foreign policy in the Arab world (no secret here) and the anti-Arabs among them. Otherwise there is no problem for me and most Arabs as well IMO.

Also I do not care about the GCC (the name) that much but just the fact that such a type of organization exists. For all I care it can be renamed tomorrow morning and Iraq and Jordan and Yemen or whatever country (even neighboring Egypt from the point of KSA) can join. Which I would support. In a perfect world a concept such as GCC (even a more evolved one) should incorporate ALL Arab countries without exception. Of course it cannot happen but most locals would not be against an expansion if it brought more positives than negatives which I believe it would if things were to be done as they should be done.
The point here is that this regional economic, political and military/security bloc serves the same purpose (to an extent only of course) as the EU does in Europe. Basically enhancing Arab relations on all fronts which is what I believe is in the interest of all Arab countries.

As for national nationalism in the Arab context, I am a supporter of this and it is a good thing by large (if a peaceful and non-imperialistic nationalism - most Arab countries do not have territorial claims on other Arab countries or any wishes of invading them or dominating them - let alone the people) but for instance I do not believe that being an say Saudi Arabian and Iraqi nationalist is necessary a clash of interests as I believe that a strong KSA requires a strong Arab neighborhood just as I believe that a strong Iraq requires a strong Arab neighborhood. For instance I am probably what many would call a Saudi Arabian and Iraqi nationalist but at the core I am just a proponent of Arab cooperation as I rather look at the 1 million + similarities rather than the few (overall) differences that can be overcome easily on the long run. Just like Egypt wishes to see a stable and friendly Libya and Sudan for instance and Tunisia a stable Algeria and Libya etc.
This thinking that one lives alone on an island not connected with the neighborhood might work for countries such as New Zealand but it does not work and should not work in the Arab world for obvious reasons. Therefore much greater cooperation between Arab states will not only benefit those Arab states (by default thus the Arab
world itself) but the people too if things are done correctly and lessons are learned from organizations such as EU. Positives as well as failures of that organization. I am mentioning the EU because Europe is next door and because EU is composed of many more states with 1 million more differences than found in the Arab world. Which is of course an obvious thing. Speaking in a strictly military matter, even something like NATO is a big success for its members so an Arab NATO (Arab League establishing a military wing as agreed to in 2015 - although not much has happened since which is typical BTW) would be a positive thing as long as no domination is sought by one or a few countries.

Sorry for the late reply. It became a too long post as usual though.:lol:

Last edited:
SAUDI ARABIA
Mineral resources remain key to Vision 2030 success: Al-Falih
NADA HAMEED | Published — Tuesday 6 February 2018
1093041-2100085901.jpg

Saudi Arabia's Oil Minister Khalid Al-Falih. (REUTERS)

JEDDAH: Under the slogan “Bounties of our land,” Saudi Energy Minister Khalid Al-Falih inaugurated the 12th International Geological Conference on Sunday and an accompanying exhibition at a local hotel in Jeddah.
The conference has been organized by the Saudi Geological Survey (SGS) in cooperation with the Saudi Society for Geosciences. It was attended by the head of the SGS, Hussein Al-Otaibi, and a number of local and international experts in geology.
The conference discussed the Kingdom’s progress in geosciences; studies of earthquakes and volcanoes, ways of mitigating the damage caused by natural disasters and methods to reduce geological hazards; and studies in surveying and exploration of mineral resources.

Al-Falih said: “Our country is witnessing a giant transformation which requires doubling the size and diversity of the national economy, including the mining sector, to meet the increasing global and domestic demand for energy through the development and diversification of the energy mix, including traditional hydrocarbon sources as well as renewable energy sources and nuclear energy.”
Al-Falih pointed out that preliminary estimates indicate that the total value of mineral resources in the Kingdom exceeds $1.3 trillion, in addition to what can be achieved by transforming this wealth into value-added products. The strategy aims to increase the production of base metals and precious metals to 10 times the current production to put the Kingdom among the top 10 aluminum producers in the world.”
He said mineral wealth is very important in helping to achieve the goals set in Vision 2030.
The minister said the SGS will organize and implement the comprehensive geological regional survey project over the next five years. The results of the exploration will be placed in the national geological database, he added.
Al-Falih stressed Vision 2030 aims to make Saudi Arabia a global power in renewable energy, and the Kingdom has all the elements for success in that field.
Experts are scheduled to deliver lectures on different aspects of renewal thermal energy and important papers will be presented to highlight the latest developments in the field of geosciences.
On Feb. 8, participants will visit Harrat Khaybar — a volcanic field north of Madinah — to develop an understanding of the geological formations in the Kingdom. Participants will tour the volcanic craters by helicopter, as well as other natural geological features in the area.

http://www.arabnews.com/node/1240221/saudi-arabia

Some exciting news (to put it mildly);

In short;

ARAMCO has been expanding its presence along the Red Sea coastline and at the end of the 2018, KSA's capacity of oil exports can in theory reach 15 million barrels of crude oil per day which is a huge number.

Likewise 100 billion barrels of crude oil have been discovered in the Saudi Arabian Red Sea waters.

In 2016, KSA expoted 7.1 million barrels per day of crude oil.

http://www.alriyadh.com/1658886

Al-Riyahd newspaper is pretty much an official media in this regard.

Related news;

Most advanced reservoir modeling technology

cq5dam.web.690.388.jpeg

Dr. Ali Dogru leading work with the TeraPOWERS team.

In 2016, we achieved the industry’s first trillion-cell simulation and hydrocarbon migration algorithm, run on the latest evolution of our POWERS (parallel oil and water enhanced reservoir simulator) technology.

cq5dam.web.356.263.jpeg

Our TeraPOWERS team ran the industry's first trillion-cell simulation and hydrocarbon migration algorithm.

We developed POWERS in-house, and at the time of its first deployment in 2000, it was capable of million-cell models. In 2010, we unveiled GigaPOWERS, which ran billion-cell models.

Now, the development of TeraPOWERS will make it possible to model the physics of hydrocarbon reservoirs from their original generation to their final production, from microscopic rock pore scale all the way to giant field and even basin scale.

cq5dam.web.356.263.jpeg

The insights generated by TeraPOWERS, combined with data gleaned from core samples, allows for more precise drilling.

The breakthrough model was made possible through collaboration with the King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST), located north of Jiddah on the Red Sea.

TeraPOWERS will help prioritize prospects, reduce exploration risks and costs, and enable us to sustainably manage the Kingdom’s oil and gas resources for future generations.

http://www.saudiaramco.com/en/home/innovation/stories-of-progress/reservoir-management.html

ARAMCO is doing a tremendous job. Can't be underestimated.
discovered crude oil?you mean new reserve?

Will this discovery going to increase the value of Aramco's Shares?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom