What's new

Korean mobile operator snubs security concerns over Huawei equipment deal

xhw1986

Reaction score
Country
Norway
SEOUL, Dec. 8 (Yonhap) --

LG Uplus Corp., a South Korean mobile operator, has brushed off security concerns over its recent mobile network supply deal with China's Huawei Technologies Co., saying that it would address the issue through tests.

In October of this year, LG Uplus, South Korea's third-largest mobile carrier, signed a supply deal with Huawei, the world's second-largest telecoms equipment maker, that allows the Chinese firm to build a mobile network in South Korea.

Korean mobile operator snubs security concerns over Huawei equipment deal

Koreans don't share the same paranoid outlook Western countries and Japan have of China. Yes, they are wary of them as an emerging superpower, but they know closer ties to their big neighbour will be mutually beneficial both economically and in future stabilising the security of the region, as China has great influence over North Korea.

Western countries and Japan have a deep-rooted fear of increasing Chinese power, because they know full well the heinous acts and atrocities they have inflicted in the past on China and its people, and the Chinese are not people who easily forget such things, nor should they. I'm not saying conflict and payback is inevitable but I don't think Chinese people will ever forget what happens when you become soft and complacent against militaristic nations such as the USA and Japan.

Koreans don't share the same paranoid outlook Western countries and Japan have of China. Yes, they are wary of them as an emerging superpower, but they know closer ties to their big neighbour will be mutually beneficial both economically and in future stabilising the security of the region, as China has great influence over North Korea.

Western countries and Japan have a deep-rooted fear of increasing Chinese power, because they know full well the heinous acts and atrocities they have inflicted in the past on China and its people, and the Chinese are not people who easily forget such things, nor should they. I'm not saying conflict and payback is inevitable but I don't think Chinese people will ever forget what happens when you become soft and complacent against militaristic nations such as the USA and Japan.

When they know of NSA's snooping is essentially everywhere, from deep ocean cables to computer games, microsoft facebook google`etc The big brother is really their big brother on the other side of the Pacific.

Huawei is nothing even if it is accused of installing backdoors to which Huawei has already denied.

umm.. not true.. japan is actually one of big customers for chinese telecom vendors. huawei was the biggest 4g network supplier in europe a year ago. the indians and the brits whining from time to time, but still buy chinese equipments. the only paranoid country is america. who cares about australia..lol

Sept. 30 (Bloomberg) -- ZTE Corp., China’s second largest maker of equipment for mobile phone networks, said it is the “primary strategic partner” for Softbank Corp.’s new 4G network, a day after larger rival Huawei Technologies Co. announced its part in the same project.

ZTE is setting up a 4G network for Softbank that will cover more than 90 percent of the population in Japan, Shenzhen-based ZTE said in a statement today. Cross-town rival Huawei yesterday said its portion of the network will initially cover parts of Tokyo, Osaka and Fukuoka.

To contact the editor responsible for this story: Bloomberg News at jliu42@bloomberg.net

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom