What's new

Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa venture: Swat hydropower project gets FEDRAL GOVT thumbs down

Neelan dam will produce 5.15 billion units per year at the cost of Rs1.50. Gop will sell it for Rs14 unit. So $600 million profit per year, 5 years to recuperate whole project cost. And after that many decades of cheap electricity. Also unit price for Kohala dam will be Rs6 or something over 30 years. Gov will not have to pay back anything. But still nothing beats building dams from your own resources or cheap loans like the one provided for Dasu dam in KPK.

So BOT is just worst case scenario because no one is providing loan...
well, what can i say, ...the same is true for any hydro projects...in case of KPK a consortium is built by the govt that owns the project and will sell at 6 rs /unit,

anyway is it better than 44rs/unit nandipur project or not, or importing electricity at 7 rs/unit from central asia?? or even the private 8.5 rs/unit?? question is why is PML N central govt blocking the provincial govt to take loans?

the reason why will never develop into successful nation like countries that were poorer than us that our people cannot put 2+2=4

together, yes i know Mr. Nawaz is hero and when i will be old his sons and daugheter will be heroes and we will be at same place as 28 years back when he started, our education per capita has little changed since 1987..with major change occuring when nawaz/PPPP duo was not present in 2000s. Mean while countries like korea which were poorer than us in 80s have risen

well, what can i say, ...the same is true for any hydro projects...in case of KPK a consortium is built by the govt that owns the project and will sell at 6 rs /unit,

anyway is it better than 44rs/unit nandipur project or not, or importing electricity at 7 rs/unit from central asia?? or even the private 8.5 rs/unit??

But that dam generation cost is 6 instead of usual 1.5 for unkown reasons. Its not like Pak is running out of hyrdo sites for small dams.

But that dam generation cost is 6 instead of usual 1.5 for unkown reasons. Its not like Pak is running out of hyrdo sites for small dams.
it will cost 6rs because its inclusive of paying off debuts

The power project, being partially funded by the Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa government, is estimated to cost Rs21.5 billion including Rs6.9 billion in foreign loans. Any provincial project that has a foreign grant or loan component has to be brought before the federal authorities for seeking the go-ahead.

reason was

As opposed to the proposed generation cost of $2.4 million per megawatt and $3 million when all factors were included, the generation cost of Duber Khwar hydropower project is estimated at $2 million, according to official documents.

Its minor difference

Back
Top Bottom