What's new

Kerala Corner

enthu patti?

njanoru graphic(;)) imagente link post cheythu ...... aa thendi thamashakku athil keri pidichu reply cheythu .

Ippo niyamam strict aakkiyille .....veruthe enthina pani medikkunne .

Ini oru chaya kudikkan chayakkada thudangendi varumo .

@kurup tudanguvanel kochyil tudangikko.;)

njanoru graphic(;)) imagente link post cheythu ...... aa thendi thamashakku athil keri pidichu reply cheythu .

Ippo niyamam strict aakkiyille .....veruthe enthina pani medikkunne .

Enthu graphics .
vallla genocide vallathum ano.

INDIALast-gasp relief for Kerala’ bars
Apex court halts closure until end of September

By Akhel Mathew, Correspondent
September 11, 2014

Thiruvananthapuram: Hundreds of liquor bars in Kerala got an eleventh-hour reprieve as the Supreme Court on Thursday ordered authorities not to interefere with their operations until September 30.

The ruling United Democratic Front government in the state had said all liquor bars in the state, barring those in five star hotels, were to be shut down on Friday.

The apex court directive comes at a time when it is considering a petition by the liquor bar owners, who argue that it is discriminatory for five star hotels to be allowed to sell liquor while other bars are ordered shut.

As many as 418 bars had remained closed on the ground that they did not have “adequate facilities” and the government ordered shut the remaining 312 bars as part of its objective to impose prohibition in a phased manner.

Earlier, the Supreme Court had questioned the logic of Kerala allowing five-star hotels to serve liquor and prohibiting other bar hotels from doing so.

“There is no logic. What do you mean by substandard?”, justice Anil R. Dave had asked the state government in connection with its decision to shut down ‘substandard’ bars and permit five star hotels to serve liquor.

The state government argued in court that the menace of alcoholism was a major social problem in the state, affecting hundreds of families.

Responding to the apex court’s directive on Friday, state finance minister K.M. Mani said the directive was “not a setback”. Opposition leader V.S. Achuthanandan described the court’s directive a “big blow for the state government”.

Earlier, the tourism industry and the IT sector in the state had both opined that a move for prohibition in the state would seriously affect the fortunes of their respective sectors.

Reports are already pouring in about tourist groups cancelling their trips to Kerala, turned off by the government’s prohibition policy
Many of them are reportedly opting for Goa and Sri Lanka.

The apex court has directed the state High Court to expeditiously deal with the petitions regarding the new liquor policy of the government.

The High Court will now take up these petitions on September 18. The state government’s plan is to phase out the retail liquor outlets too, over a 10-year period. In the process, it will also have to face a loss of revenue of roughly Rs70 billion (Dh4.2 billion) per year, which was accruing from liquor sales.

@seiko u mislead me slightly.:)

@nair why did SC have issues with 5 star bars? I mean govt was clear that other bars were not upto the mark as far as facilities were concerned.
Edu permanent aayi poovu?

@seiko u mislead me slightly.:)

@nair why did SC have issues with 5 star bars? I mean govt was clear that other bars were not upto the mark as far as facilities were concerned.
Edu permanent aayi poovu?

UDF government has screwed it up big time, you know why this ban???Just because of their ego.

This started during the parliament election, they wanted to appease some christian missionaries, After the election the new KPCC president who wanted to prove to the state that he is a saint and he started playing games with in his party and took head on with the chief minister and the excise minister, They played this hide and seek game for a long time and then oomman chandy used his "Thuruppu Gulan" to prove he is also a saint..... and this decision was taken to prove a political point with in the party and government......

since the decision was taken abruptly there was several issues which was not explained. one of such issues was raised by Supreme court......

I guess it is a wrong decision to stop the bars, which will effect very badly on the income of government and also the tourism industry..... Both are the major income source for government...... ( i meant krait in the other thread)

Thanks @kurup .Alla jhan privateille companyill work cheyunuthu ...........7 warhamaeyit jammuill aaa

Ende ammoo.... engine avide vare ethi?

UDF government has screwed it up big time, you know why this ban???Just because of their ego.

This started during the parliament election, they wanted to appease some christian missionaries, After the election the new KPCC president who wanted to prove to the state that he is a saint and he started playing games with in his party and took head on with the chief minister and the excise minister, They played this hide and seek game for a long time and then oomman chandy used his "Thuruppu Gulan" to prove he is also a saint..... and this decision was taken to prove a political point with in the party and government......

since the decision was taken abruptly there was several issues which was not explained. one of such issues was raised by Supreme court......

I guess it is a wrong decision to stop the bars, which will effect very badly on the income of government and also the tourism industry..... Both are the major income source for government...... ( i meant krait in the other thread)
I didnt know about this.
Tourism industry will be effected but then Kerala is known internationally for its Ayurvedic centres.
I guess the domestic tourists may now prefer Goa over Kerala.
And na its not krait.I hardly know him.
Check your FB.

I didnt know about this.
Tourism industry will be effected but then Kerala is known internationally for its Ayurvedic centres.
I guess the domestic tourists may now prefer Goa over Kerala.
And na its not krait.I hardly know him.
Check your FB.

Few years back the tourism meant foreigners, but over a period of time the number of people from north has increased significantly...... Earlier there was off season for house boats, (Nov to feb considered to be season) later the off season was limited to (june, july and aug) now that also has become a season - there are people who comes to enjoy monsoon and rain....

Few years back the tourism meant foreigners, but over a period of time the number of people from north has increased significantly...... Earlier there was off season for house boats, (Nov to feb considered to be season) later the off season was limited to (june, july and aug) now that also has become a season - there are people who comes to enjoy monsoon and rain....
During the monsoon season house boats take you around for an hour or 2 and then park at a place from where you cant even get down. I had heard somebody complaining about houseboats this year. Lol.
Otherwise I think houseboat experience is usually good. :)

During the monsoon season house boats take you around for an hour or 2 and then park at a place from where you cant even get down. I had heard somebody complaining about houseboats this year. Lol.
Otherwise I think houseboat experience is usually good. :)

That is one place in kerala where hospitality is appreciated by everyone....... You cant blame them for parking the boat when it rains...... I happen to be in a boat on one such occasion.... The experience was horrifying.....

Ende ammoo.... engine avide vare ethi?
Ippo athirthi checkpostukalill thakirthiyaaya parishodhana undu..kazhinja thavana nattill poyapol muthanga yill vechu vandi moonu thavana parishodichu..oru thavana Karnataka police um randu thavana Kerala policeum..

Ippo athirthi checkpostukalill thakirthiyaaya parishodhana undu..kazhinja thavana nattill poyapol muthanga yill vechu vandi moonu thavana parishodichu..oru thavana Karnataka police um randu thavana Kerala policeum..

That is normal in muthanga,.... I remember once i was travelling in a car from mysore to calicut, in the middle of forest (closer to muthanga) excise fellow stopped the car by flashing a flash light, The light was soo powerful the driver had to brake immediately as his vision was blinded....... and one my friend was carrying a "Shark Tooth" , But they did not do anything about it..... Normally it happens in muthanga check post..... Such issues never happened in Walayar......

That is normal in muthanga,.... I remember once i was travelling in a car from mysore to calicut, in the middle of forest (closer to muthanga) excise fellow stopped the car by flashing a flash light, The light was soo powerful the driver had to brake immediately as his vision was blinded....... and one my friend was carrying a "Shark Tooth" , But they did not do anything about it..... Normally it happens in muthanga check post..... Such issues never happened in Walayar......
pakshe ithu KSRTC busillaairunnu..munpokke poyapol perinu polum parishodana undaairunnilla....

pakshe ithu KSRTC busillaairunnu..munpokke poyapol perinu polum parishodana undaairunnilla....

Sadharana, onam, vishu, easter, x mas ennee samayangalil anu avarude parishodhana kooduka, Pinne election timil..... njan KSRTC busil yathra cheythappol avarude checking adi poli ayirunnu... bag eduthu anakki nokku, oru prathyeka stylil, sadhanam undengil athu kidannu ilagum athu kandupidikkum.....

Pidichal arum aa bag thande anu ennu parayilla, lavan maru kondupoyi adikkum..... :P

Sadharana, onam, vishu, easter, x mas ennee samayangalil anu avarude parishodhana kooduka, Pinne election timil..... njan KSRTC busil yathra cheythappol avarude checking adi poli ayirunnu... bag eduthu anakki nokku, oru prathyeka stylil, sadhanam undengil athu kidannu ilagum athu kandupidikkum.....

Pidichal arum aa bag thande anu ennu parayilla, lavan maru kondupoyi adikkum..... :P
Alla..Pakshe niyama prakaaram 3 kuppi kayill kondunadakaan paadille??..bill undengill..atho Karnataka liquor Keralathillekku kondu varaan paadillaanundo;?

Back
Top Bottom