What's new

Kashmiri lawmaker resigns from India's parliament to protest state brutality in held-Kashmir

HAIDER

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
SRINAGAR: A prominent pro-India Kashmiri politician has resigned from India's Parliament and from his regional party to protest a government crackdown in Kashmir that prevented people from offering Eid prayers for the first time in the occupied region.

Tariq Hameed Karra, a founding member of the People's Democratic Party, said he quit on Thursday to express his anger over the “brutal policy" followed by Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi's government and the acquiescence of his party, a coalition partner.

His decision is a setback for his party in India-held Kashmir, which has been wracked by massive protests for the past two months following the killing of a top rebel leader.

More than 80 people have been killed and thousands wounded, mostly by government forces firing bullets and shotgun pellets to quell the protests.

Human rights violations in India-held Kashmir are not an internal matter of the Indian state, said Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) secretary-general Iyad Amin Madani last month.

The head of the world's largest bloc of Muslim countries had expressed concern over human rights violations in occupied Kashmir, which has seen weeks of deadly clashes between Muslim protesters and police.

That's massive setback for Modi and India.
Why please say so? Any one is free to quit it doesn't mean zilch. I will convert to Islam if Kashmir status going to change or any different from current situation.

SRINAGAR: A prominent pro-India Kashmiri politician has resigned from India's Parliament and from his regional party to protest a government crackdown in Kashmir that prevented people from offering Eid prayers for the first time in the occupied region.

Tariq Hameed Karra, a founding member of the People's Democratic Party, said he quit on Thursday to express his anger over the “brutal policy" followed by Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi's government and the acquiescence of his party, a coalition partner.

His decision is a setback for his party in India-held Kashmir, which has been wracked by massive protests for the past two months following the killing of a top rebel leader.

More than 80 people have been killed and thousands wounded, mostly by government forces firing bullets and shotgun pellets to quell the protests.

Human rights violations in India-held Kashmir are not an internal matter of the Indian state, said Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) secretary-general Iyad Amin Madani last month.

The head of the world's largest bloc of Muslim countries had expressed concern over human rights violations in occupied Kashmir, which has seen weeks of deadly clashes between Muslim protesters and police.
May I see the link?

GettyImages-156732208.jpg

Why please say so? Any one is free to quit it doesn't mean zilch. I will convert to Islam if Kashmir status going to change or any different from current situation.
It means a lot. You are generating more and more hate for India not only for common Kashmiris who want separation.

Kashmir issue will definitely be resolved. But I doubt they would join Pakistan either. They will most likely become an independent state.

I don't understand how it can be ignored any longer.

Pakistan not architect of Kashmir unrest: Omar Abdullah

Nice gesture from the man , the place belongs to Kashmiri not a piece of car or truck you get key for it and run over people with it

Pakistanis often claim that India installs a puppet government in Kashmir.

BUT No puppet ever resigns on his own

So people across the border has to give India credit for holding fair elections in Kashmir if they want to berate India for the resignation of a genuine Lawmaker.

The guy must have felt the anger on the streets, knowing his party is one of the most hated now a days he had to resign , or risk loosing his seat during the next election.
In twenty yrs of politics i have yet to meet a politician who resigned due to his conscience.

Pakistanis often claim that India installs a puppet government in Kashmir.

BUT No puppet ever resigns on his own

So people across the border has to give India credit for holding fair elections in Kashmir if they want to berate India for the resignation of a genuine Lawmaker.

It is a puppet government, but when even your puppet out of disgust for you resigns then the writing is truly on the wall for india

Back
Top Bottom