What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
The sooner India settles the Kashmir dispute, the better it can concentrate on the wet dream of becoming a mini power.
INDIA cannot solve the problem because we did not start it. The ball is in the court of Kashmiri Muslims. They should stop their Hatred for Hindus and India .Then everything will be OK.

Helllo Halaku Khan,/Ejaz R

Are you a Kashmiri Muslims ? Have you seen the photos/videos pasted by our respected Pakistani members in this forum ?

Kashmiri Muslims come large numbers looking like rivers of human being chanting pro-Pakistan and Anti India slogans. They follow traitor leaders like geelani in drovesIndians should come out from the delusion that Kashmiris love India,they don't. You cannot solve the problem without correctly identifying the problem.

The example that you gave is about a gujjar women. They are a minority in Kashmir. Also most of the shia Muslims are for India . But I am talking about ethnic Kashmiri sunni Muslims.

For me nationalism come first and foremost. Simply by voting or keeping mum does not make a Kashmiri patriotic. He should show the same passion for India like in the rest of the country. A kashmiri who does not call for the abolition of Article 370 is a traitor to me. Also I don't consider NC and PDP to be patriotic . Especially PDP is a traitor party.

Human beings need freedom to grow . And democracy is the best for it. INDIA is already a democracy which gives Muslims all right for individual growth. There is no reason other than religion for the Kashmirs to hate INDIA. And this cannot be accepted. If you think that more deaths can break Kashmir from INDIA you are mistaken. Kashmir is already independent. Kashmir is historically and culturally INDIAN land and will remain so.

The earlier Pakistanis give up the Kashmir 'cause' the better for them.

What have you got to defend your argument? Kashmir is staggering Muslim Majority region (97.16% Muslims, source Wikipedia). When Pakistan with 94% Muslim population was formed as Pakistan, why 97.16% Muslim populated territory would not be part of Pakistan? Come up with some reason or accept your are occupying Kashmir by force.

@ Windjammer - India is already a power in the world today. We have a good standing in the world today. We are growing at 8% every year with millions of new jobs - improvements in every sector.
Kashmiri youth throwing stones and throwing firebombs at Indian security forces are inciting violent reactions from them. A Peaceful protest is not one where you throw stones at the authorities. And what is anger for ? Has India destroyed Kashmir ? Kashmir is prospering and doing fine - much better than other areas of this world.
Can you see 20 Indian policemen were injured ?

What have you got to defend your argument? Kashmir is staggering Muslim Majority region (97.16% Muslims, source Wikipedia). When Pakistan with 94% Muslim population was formed as Pakistan, why 97.16% Muslim populated territory would not be part of Pakistan? Come up with some reason or accept your are occupying Kashmir by force.
So ,Religions(Islam) is your only argument? . Don't the Hindu History of Kashmir matters ?
By your logic all Muslim majority areas in India belongs to Pakistan .

So ,Religions(Islam) is your only argument? . Don't the Hindu History of Kashmir matters ?
By your logic all Muslim majority areas in India belongs to Pakistan .

I asked you a question and you put in a one word answer now if you didn't understand what I was trying to ask please tell me i will put it out again in more detail. Or you are just plain dumb.

Kashmiri Muslims come large numbers looking like rivers of human being chanting pro-Pakistan and Anti India slogans. They follow traitor leaders like geelani in droves

So what? 99.9% of the population of the state was not at those rallies.

So let me inform you that you belong to that group that don't want to see or have a misconception of the reality on the ground.
Let's us see who is not facing reality, whether it's me or you.

The JKLF movement was to establish an independent Secular J&K and even Hindus and Sikhs initially took part in that.
Why should there be an 'independent' and 'secular' J&K when India is already independent and secular. Or where Yasin Malik and his ilk unaware that India got independence in 1947 and was declared a secular country in 1950. You should question Yasin's motive rather than blindly believe him.

It was only thanks to bigoted muslims coming over from the Afghan Jihad aftermath that gave it a so called "Jihad" color and non-muslim minorities in Kashmir valley as well as pro-India and pro-Independence Kashmiri muslims were targeted.
While it is true that Afghan Jihadis had hand a hand it is equally true that vast number of Kashmiris were supportive of Jihad and is still supportive of Jihad.
See some 'patriotic' actions of Kashmiris..
Nine hurt as protesters, police clash in Srinagar- Hindustan Times

And if you are saying that GoI hasn't been "bad" to them, which world are you living in. There has been HR abuses there is no doubt about that.
What about abuses ? The big big question is did the Kashmiris started hating India after the abuse...a big NO. India army is there because Kashmiris already had hated India and without the army it was impossible to hold Kashmir. Kashmiris hated India even before Indian army was there. And how do you want the army to handle anti-India people. Do you feel pain if Anti-India people are abused ? I don't believe that terrorist have human rights.

The large amount of money that pours into J&K only recently has been shifted towards development instead of corruption among bureaucracy and security forces.
This is another problem. India should stop pouring money into Kashmir. No amount pampering,appeasement and sweet talk can make kashmiris love India. India already lost war for peoples mind in Kashmir. Radical problems calls for radical answers.

Bottom line if you look at just muslims in Indian Kashmir, 71% said joining Pakistan was unacceptable
Aren't amazed ,angered and dejected that 30 % of population of an Indian state voted for our arch enemy. Do you think this 30% is such a small percentage. The problem is grave,totally grave

while only 49% said joining India was unacceptable.
Only 49%...it's 50% half of the population ! damn it..As an Indian I am angered at your only 'only 49%' comment. It actually proves my point.

If the article 370 was guaranteed to be implemented infull (right now its not implemented in full) then that fell down to 27% opposed.
You want article 370 to be implemented !!!!? It should canceled ASAP. No special rights for KAshmiris. They are just Indians like any other Indians.

So I guess its about time and start reading some credible news sources and books to update your knowledge of current events.
Actually we are equally informed. The only difference is in our world view and perspective. For you 50% of KAshmiris voting against INDIA is sign of their patriotism and for me your comment 'only 49%' is sign of your lack of patriotism. I regret to say this. I considered you to be a patriotic Indian Muslim who will get enraged at Anti_indian activities . But you were not up to the mark.

Last edited:
I asked you a question and you put in a one word answer now if you didn't understand what I was trying to ask please tell me i will put it out again in more detail. Or you are just plain dumb.
Ask your question,friend.

@pagans,

Have you been to Kashmir and talked to the locals? Some of my neighbors are Kashmiri families(yes sunni muslims) who could afford to move out of Srinagar in the late 80s when things started to go from bad to worse. Did you know that more than 50% of J&K infantry is muslim. More than 65% of J&K police which is at the forefront of fighting militancy is muslims.

Thankfully you don't decide what is nationalism or who is a nationlist because you have a very narrow view. For me the most important aspect for a nation is to take care of its nationals and citizens. Once a nation cares for its nationals, it is natural for them to be patriotic and defend their nation. Just like the valley Kashmiris did in 1948 when they took arms to fight the invading tribals under Sheikh Abdulla even before the Indian army came there. In 65 when a covert operation by Pakistani army was initiated in the valley, the locals (yes sunni muslims) turned their backs and actually helped in cleaning that operation up to the miscalculation of Ayyub Khan. Like when a muslim Shepard informed the army of infiltration while the government failed to protect the country. Not abolition or sustaining article 370.

The situation there has parallels to the Maoists where there was hardly any development and widespread corruption by the ruling government. It was only when there was massive rigging in the elections of 88 that a armed struggle started. Obviously the Pakistani establishment at that time took advantage of the situation that was GoI's own creation. Bring justice and fairness back to J&K not as a favor but because its their right and stop giving every socio-economic issue a communal color just because thats the easy way out.

So what? 99.9% of the population of the state was not at those rallies.
Ejaz just provided me with the needed ammo. 30% of Kashmirs voted for Pakistan and 50% voted against India. With this poll the community in Kashmir can be easily branded as traitors.

Back
Top Bottom