What's new

Karakoram Highway Documentary trailer "Where Men and Mountains meet"

A true story of pure human determination, courage and resolve against all odds, the miracle of construction without the state of the art of equipment that is available today for the construction industry. To acknowledge the struggle/sacrifices of those who laid their lives to uplift a vital achievement for the motherland.

PTV to telecast documentary on Karakoram Highway on January 1
PUBLISHED ABOUT 2 HOURS AGO
11.png

IMAGES STAFF
DESK REPORT
The documentary is meant to 'to honour and recall the historical predicament' of constructing the Karakoram Highway.
61cd7758a0d9f.png

Federal Minister for Information Fawad Chaudhry recently took to Twitter to announce the telecast of Karakoram Highway — Where Men and Mountains Meet on PTV, a documentary meant to "to honour and recall the historical predicament" of constructing the Karakoram Highway.
Chaudhry shared the documentary's poster on Twitter to announce PTV's telecast of the documentary on January 1 at 11:05am. The minister called the documentary a "tribute to our heroes".

The documentary has been made by Delirium Productions in association with the Frontier Works Organisation. The documentary has been directed by Zohaib Pervaiz. The ISPR DG's official Facebook account shared the trailer as well as details about the documentary on December 12. According to the ISPR, the documentary was due to be released on December 18.

"Karakoram Highway (KKH) — a 1300km long highway — [is] a mammoth project which is often regarded as the 8th wonder of the world. It is the emblem of Pak-China friendship, also known as the 'Friendship Highway'," the Facebook post read. "This herculean task witnessed numerous sacrifices, so much so that a famous proverb 'a life lost every kilometre of the road' came into being.
"KKH is the dream project of [the] nation, achieved through sacrifices rendered by 813 Pakistanis embracing martyrdom during the manifestation phase. These martyrs include 567 military and 246 civilians. 982 Pakistanis also suffered major injuries during the process.
"To honour and recall the historical predicament, the documentary film Where Men and Mountains Meet has been produced to showcase [the] construction and completion of the project. The KKH documentary is testament to [the] unprecedented sacrifices by FWO in particular, and [the] Pakistani nation in general."
The trailer for the film features aerial views of the Karakoram Mountains and interviews with several men, including well-known Urdu writer Mustansar Hussain Tarrar.

Have had the honor of meeting a few of these men. I wish this documentary was in English too, or at least had Captions in English so other people could see it. It’s really well made.

Have had the honor of meeting a few of these men. I wish this documentary was in English too, or at least had Captions in English so other people could see it. It’s really well made.
They will add them in couple of days

thanks, looks interesting will check it out

Cinematography looks good. Overall quality of documentary looks excellent judging by the trailer. Looking forward to it.
@ghazi52 @PAKISTANFOREVER @Salza @313ghazi @Windjammer

Trailer looks amazing. Can't wait for it to be released.
They will add them in couple of days
thanks, looks interesting will check it out
Support PTV on You Tube as well :pakistan:

Looks quite nice with the sound and cinematography at first glance, guess I'll give it a watch.
Fortunately it has been added.

Very informative short documentary, incredible visuals.

My ONLY disappointment was that it wasn't subtitled. Its on YouTube a global platform. Why not add subtitles so foreigners can watch it in foreign languages.

English, Mandarin, Arabic, French, Spanish - suddenly that's most of the world able to watch it. Could add Russian and Turkish too, Persian etc.

Load of content creators have thier stuff with a wide array of subtitles.

Very nice production. Hatts of to all engineers, workers and locals. Especially, to Lt Gen Javed Nasir.
@thetutle . He is the same guy who silently uplifted the tank buster to Bosnia.
Here he was tasked to make a road at 165,000 ft with basic tools. His team was isolated for 2-3 months and worked daily. His 5-6 team members got frost bite, but they still carried their work.

A true story of pure human determination, courage and resolve against all odds, the miracle of construction without the state of the art of equipment that is available today for the construction industry. To acknowledge the struggle/sacrifices of those who laid their lives to uplift a vital achievement for the motherland.

PTV to telecast documentary on Karakoram Highway on January 1
PUBLISHED ABOUT 2 HOURS AGO
11.png

IMAGES STAFF
DESK REPORT
The documentary is meant to 'to honour and recall the historical predicament' of constructing the Karakoram Highway.
61cd7758a0d9f.png

Federal Minister for Information Fawad Chaudhry recently took to Twitter to announce the telecast of Karakoram Highway — Where Men and Mountains Meet on PTV, a documentary meant to "to honour and recall the historical predicament" of constructing the Karakoram Highway.
Chaudhry shared the documentary's poster on Twitter to announce PTV's telecast of the documentary on January 1 at 11:05am. The minister called the documentary a "tribute to our heroes".

The documentary has been made by Delirium Productions in association with the Frontier Works Organisation. The documentary has been directed by Zohaib Pervaiz. The ISPR DG's official Facebook account shared the trailer as well as details about the documentary on December 12. According to the ISPR, the documentary was due to be released on December 18.

"Karakoram Highway (KKH) — a 1300km long highway — [is] a mammoth project which is often regarded as the 8th wonder of the world. It is the emblem of Pak-China friendship, also known as the 'Friendship Highway'," the Facebook post read. "This herculean task witnessed numerous sacrifices, so much so that a famous proverb 'a life lost every kilometre of the road' came into being.
"KKH is the dream project of [the] nation, achieved through sacrifices rendered by 813 Pakistanis embracing martyrdom during the manifestation phase. These martyrs include 567 military and 246 civilians. 982 Pakistanis also suffered major injuries during the process.
"To honour and recall the historical predicament, the documentary film Where Men and Mountains Meet has been produced to showcase [the] construction and completion of the project. The KKH documentary is testament to [the] unprecedented sacrifices by FWO in particular, and [the] Pakistani nation in general."
The trailer for the film features aerial views of the Karakoram Mountains and interviews with several men, including well-known Urdu writer Mustansar Hussain Tarrar.

What a thoroughly amazing documentary. The spirit of Pakistan and her best people perfectly encapsulated. This nation truly runs on the blood and sweat of a few in this land. We must all pay homage to their sacrifice.

Very nice production. Hatts of to all engineers, workers and locals. Especially, to Lt Gen Javed Nasir.
@thetutle . He is the same guy who silently uplifted the tank buster to Bosnia.
Here he was tasked to make a road at 165,000 ft with basic tools. His team was isolated for 2-3 months and worked daily. His 5-6 team members got frost bite, but they still carried their work.

I saw the documentary (the pictures and parts that were in English) and its an amazing project. I've heard about it before and I have been following its recent upgrade by china and Pakistan. But I cant find many sources that show detailed overview of all the new upgraded sections.

I knew building a highway at an altitude of 4,000km+ would come with challenges, but seeing the boulders roll down those hills and the rivers of rocks streaming by, I can see how it truly is a word wonder.

If you are interested in development of this sort, I encourage you to follow the Bosnian 5C freeway project. Bosnia is also a very mountainous country, not like Himalayas, but still quite mountainous. This freeway in Bosnia will have 40km of dual freeway tunnels over a segment of 150km. and gold only knows how many bridges.

Thats essentially 80km of tunnelling over one segment. we will have the Islamic worlds, 2nd and 4th longest tunnel (and 18th longest road tunnel in the world). One will be 12km and the other 5.5km. Dont forget we are a country of 3.5 million people. I think we could all fit in those 80km of tunnels and live there.

This is the public utility coordinating the work and there are lots of videos to watch if road development interests you. Of course it does not not as spectacular as anything in the Himalayas, but I think its impressive. One town of Zenica, has a 3km tunnel south of it, 3 km tunnel north of it, 3.5 km tunnel a bit further north of ti and about 2.5km of tunnels on a road bypassing it. All double lane dual freeway tunnels. Thats a lot of tunnels for one city of 100,000 people.

The 12 km tunnel will be truly amazing too, it starts next year hopefully. The cost will be billions of dollars.
It all gets paid for by a 20 cent tax on every litre of fuel that get sold. And mainly local companies build it, sometimes a European or Turkish company wins the tender.

You have to go through 4 tunnels just to get to the 12 km tunnel. It will be a sight to behold.

Back
Top Bottom