What's new

Karachi's Bun Kebabs

i dont mind but i love indian 'thali' dish with all kinds of 'dals':smitten:

Yes the Thali..! Some of the restaurants also serve an all you can eat thali. Basically you can get as many refills as you want for fixed price. This concept is pretty popular in Southern and Western India but not in the Northern part. Guess why? The average North Indian's appetite will ruin any restaurant that serves up this concept so nobody wants to risk it. :D

you guys fond of butter chicken cooked in red gravy served with butter naans?

Boss what u want, any ways my cholestrol is high and doc has suggested restrain.

Butter chicken in some Punjabi restaurants and dhaba's (kake da dhaba in Delhi and highway ones) were best. This dish comes in top five in my list but its very rich.

Currently in Pune, Might offend sm marathi bhai log but food here is dampenar except vada pav ( a anack) and sm other kolhapuri items.

pune's food is very pale in comparision to mumbai's
the pav bhaaji there is red-hot spicy!
the sea-food is great too..!

Yeah Karim's is pretty famous. Just went there yesterday as a matter of fact!

try qureeshi's behind the mc donald's in south-ex...try their kadhai chicken/tawa chicken...with rumali roti...you'd thank me!
been to nizam's?
al-khauzer in satya niketan is good too...!
al-bake in nfc has decent shwarmas...
tell me about all the other eateries you know about!

Yeah Pune's taste is very pale for my liking but have been able to find some good punjabi joints ( they are every where , yes even in chennai) . Sarja is one serving good north indian food which is owned by Lata Mangeshkar,

try dhabeli in JM Road there is a guy who sets up a stall in the evenings. try south indian at vaishali, joshi vadewale and bhakarwadi at chitale bandhus. but you are right, maharashtrian food is not the greatest. but for authentic MH snacks try sabudana wada/kichdi and zunka bhakri

my favourite food - Bakre da achaar, Kheer, Shimla mirch, Qadu raita, Lassi, Missi Roti, Methi wala prawntha, Pudeene/Mint di chatnee, Punjeeri (Mixture of dry fruits/grains/pulses etc etc), Rooh Afza, Nimbu Paani, Kulchay-Cholay, Paneer Pakore, Dates, Walnuts, Britannia little hearts, Gol gappay, Kachori. LOL list is endless

:drool: :lol:

Boss what u want, any ways my cholestrol is high and doc has suggested restrain.

Butter chicken in some Punjabi restaurants and dhaba's (kake da dhaba in Delhi and highway ones) were best. This dish comes in top five in my list but its very rich.

even I am getting the munchies by just reading everybody's posts...Karol bagh and tilak nagar have some great punjabi dhabas...sahni's and chawala's are spot-on when it comes to butter chicken!

if anyone in Singapore and feel like good italian food, try bella pizza at robertson quay. the most sexy and flavorful penne pasta and veggie pizzas and calzones

Back
Top Bottom