What's new

Karachi stock exchange-News and discussioms

Slav Defence

THINK TANK VICE CHAIRMAN: ANALYST
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
KARACHI: Pakistani stocks closed higher on Tuesday, driven by optimism over quarterly results, traders said.

The Karachi Stock Exchange’s (KSE) benchmark 100-share index ended 0.32 per cent, or 60.55 points, higher at 18,713.61 points.

“The market closed above (the) 18,700 points mark on optimism about healthy March quarter results,” said Samar Iqbal, a trader at Topline Securities.

“Renewed buying interest was seen in Engro Corp amid hopes of additional gas supply. While cherry picking was also witnessed in telecom and cement stocks.”

Engro Corporation Ltd rose 4.15 per cent to 141.95 rupees while Wateen Telecom Ltd was up 2.53 per cent to 4.46 rupees.

In the currency market, the rupee ended at 98.35/98.40 against the dollar, stronger than Monday’s close of 98.37/98.42. Overnight rates in the money market were flat at 9.40 per cent.

Why not make a sticky thread on the stock markets instead of opening a new one for each day ^^ ?

Karachi Stocks Hit All-Time High On Sharif Win
KARACHI, May 13, 2013 (AFP) -Karachi stocks hit an all-time high Monday following Nawaz Sharif's strong victory in landmark elections, which revived hopes the steel tycoon's pro-business agenda could spark an economic revival.

The benchmark index of top 100 shares rose 1.6 percent to 20,232 points in early trade, surpassing the 20,000 mark for the first time, after Sharif's Pakistan Muslim League-N (PML-N) emerged with a clear lead over its rivals.

The election results defied analysts' predictions of a weak parliament as the PML-N looked able to form a government without the help of its traditional rival the Pakistan People's Party and new challenger Imran Khan's Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaaf.

"We were fearing a hung parliament and thus a weaker and unstable government would come into power as a result of the elections," said Mohammad Sohail, the chief of Topline Securities, a leading brokerage house in Karachi.

Investors are hopeful of an economic revival under Sharif, whose pro-business policies earned him a good reputation among traders and industrialists during his two previous tenures in the 1990s.

"He liberalised the economy by launching a privatisation programme and liberalised the financial sector allowing foreign investors to step into Pakistani capital markets," Sohail said.

Though his privatisation agenda was never fully implemented, Sharif has promised in early interviews to pick up where he left off.

That's quite normal . Most of the stock exchanges are on a high nowdays including sensex due to the pace of the market .

the pace of market in Pakistan viz a viz KSE performance is based in level of uncertainity over political future of the country.

a week back it was swinging both sides due to rumors of delaying of elections and assurity by army and others on timely elections.

Since now the uncertainity is cleared hence stock market doing super. even if zardari won it would have been hiting high

KARACHI: For the first time the Karachi Stock Exchange’s (KSE) benchmark 100-share index crosses 20,000 points on Monday.

Analysts describe the trend as a positive impact after PML-N emerged as the single largest party to make government on its own after Pakistan’s landmark elections on Saturday.

The KSE 100 index raised to 322 points and reached 20,1779 level.

It is the highest level rise in the history of Pakistan.

Karachi Stock Exchange 100 index crosses 20,000 points – The Kooza – latest news Pakistan, News from Pakistan, Pakistani epaper, News papers, English, Urdu

198057_418949138203644_689305454_n.png

KARACHI: For the first time the Karachi Stock Exchange’s (KSE) benchmark 100-share index crosses 20,000 points on Monday.

Analysts describe the trend as a positive impact after PML-N emerged as the single largest party to make government on its own after Pakistan’s landmark elections on Saturday.

The KSE 100 index raised to 322 points and reached 20,1779 level.

It is the highest level rise in the history of Pakistan.

Karachi Stock Exchange 100 index crosses 20,000 points – The Kooza – latest news Pakistan, News from Pakistan, Pakistani epaper, News papers, English, Urdu

198057_418949138203644_689305454_n.png

meray dost. ye pti fanboys phir bhe rony gay

@cb4 : Buttt laraiii ho jaiii giii merii aur teriii ! :pissed:

when i say this, i'm talking about 5-6 people who i have confronted. Seriously, it seems those people are praying Pakistan to get destroyed at the cost of giving PTI popularity. humaree kom lariii harwaqat kartee hain.

To be honest, you are the only pti supporter who i trust. teree meree larii nahi ho sakti. mai nahi honay don ga !!

Last edited by a moderator:
when i say this, i'm talking about 5-6 people who i have confronted. Seriously, it seems those people are praying Pakistan to get destroyed at the cost of giving PTI popularity. humaree kom lariii harwaqat kartay hain.

Dude, we're just asking for a free & fair electoral process - We want the fraudulent activities than many of us witnessed live or had evidence of it afterwards, to be rectified & the culprits prosecuted.

We've earnestly believed that Noon isn't healthy for Pakistan & we'll continue to believe that ! But if they have popular mandate - then fine....! Its just that in many NAs they don't & we want that to be looked into & rectified.

But I'll give you that - These incessant comments about Punjab mar vaa giyaa by many of us PTI supporters is getting on my nerves !

To be honest, you are the only pti supporter who i trust. teree meree larii nahi ho sakti. mai nahi honay don ga !!

Bhai ko rullaiii gaa kiyaaa ! :cray:

Waisee on a side note - I saw, whilst coming back from Lalak Chowk, how disruptive PML N walaas were becoming !

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom