What's new

Karachi Stock Exchange at all time high - index nears 30,000

Hyde

SENIOR MODERATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Market watch: Foreign inflows push index up

KARACHI: The stock market continued its bullish trend on the basis of massive foreign inflows just ahead of budget.

The Karachi Stock Exchange’s (KSE) benchmark 100-share index rose 0.66% or 194.11 points to end at 29,737.69.

Elixir Securities analyst Harris Ahmed Batla said the equities opened gap up carrying momentum from the last session. “However, the index did see volatility at record highs of 29,850 to finally settle +0.66% from its previous close,” he said.

graph-017.jpg

“Yesterday’s $31 million gross buying gave the much-needed push to investor confidence as trading volumes jumped to over 240 million during the day.”

According to Batla, expectations over development spending in the coming budget kept cements upbeat with cement giant Lucky Cement(LUCK) +2.9% while blue chip financials to the likes of National Bank (NBP) +1.7%, MCB Bank (MCB) +1% and Bank Alfalah (BAFL) +1.15% gathered institutional interest following a lag in the recent rally.

Batla concluded that small cap retail plays remained dominant over volume chats with Lafarge Cement (LPCL) +3.12%, Karachi Electric (KEL) -2.4% and Fauji Cement (FCCL) 4.14% taking the lead.

JS Global analyst Fahad M Ali said that it is expected that the market will continue on its bullish trend as optimism rises on the part of investor as budget nears.

Trade volumes fell to 330 million shares compared with Thursday’s tally of 351 million shares.

Shares of 372 companies were traded on the last trading session of the week. At the end of the day, 164 stocks closed higher, 191 declined while 17 remained unchanged. The value of shares traded during the day was Rs17.7 billion.

graph-027.jpg

Byco Petroleum was the volume leader with 32.41 million shares, gaining Rs0.64 to finish at Rs12.39. It was followed by LPCL with 27.2 million shares, gaining Rs0.45 to close at Rs14.89 and KEL with 25.6 million shares, declining Rs0.21 to close at Rs8.55.

Foreign institutional investors were net buyers of Rs779 million during the trade session, according to data maintained by the National Clearing Company of Pakistan Limited.

Source: Market watch: Foreign inflows push index up – The Express Tribune

Badhai Ho .....! . pakistan economay is doing good...
Now it may feel little confident to start trade with India

The Market cap is expected to reach 84Billion dollars from 57Billion dollars in only one year.(Reached 70-71Billion $ updated status as of last week)

In 2013 it increased from only 37Billion dollars to 56-57Billion dollars.

I hope it will cross 100Billion dollars mark in 2015

Few people are getting rich. Ask a peddler in the street of Pakistan, how many stocks he own ?

Paisay bananay ka time chal raha hay.....Unrealized profit on my portfolio is around 16% for just one month, convert that into YoY and you go crazy :bunny:

The Market cap is expected to reach 84Billion dollars from 57Billion dollars in only one year.(Reached 70-71Billion $ updated status as of last week)

In 2013 it increased from only 37Billion dollars to 56-57Billion dollars.

I hope it will cross 100Billion dollars mark in 2015

the karachi stock exchange has started to rise since zardari enabled all kinds of money to be invested without background check, so black money was poured in from foreign countries

Paisay bananay ka time chal raha hay.....Unrealized profit on my portfolio is around 16% for just one month, convert that into YoY and you go crazy :bunny:

How can someone invest int he stock exchange?

least amount one can invest?

KSE 100 index right now is at 29902... So close to hit 30,000

KSE 30 is currently at 20493 points.

is it necessary for one to be in karachi or within the stock exchange?

or is it through internet or something remote?
Don't invest right now trust me... When the market rises so quickly, it usually falls at the similar speed. KSE is likely to remain volatile for a couple of months in my opinion

It is only safe for bigger investors to invest in KSE right now... You go for stable stock exchanges such as London Stock Exchange, wait until the KSE 100 index is stabilised before you throw your money in.

KSE 100 index right now is at 29902... So close to hit 30,000

KSE 30 is currently at 20493 points.

Don't invest right now trust me... When the market rises so quickly, it usually falls at the similar speed. KSE is likely to remain volatile for a couple of months in my opinion

It is only safe for bigger investors to invest in KSE right now... You go for stable stock exchanges such as London Stock Exchange, wait until the KSE 100 index is stabilised before you throw your money in.

but year on year KSE turnout is said to be more than 35% on average since 2012.

I thought one can invest in the morning and take the profit in the evening.

but year on year KSE turnout is said to be more than 35% on average since 2012.

I thought one can invest in the morning and take the profit in the evening.
That's the reason I am warning you. The market is volatile, the index is rising 100s of points in day. It was below 20,000 points before the General Elections and now it nears 30,000 points. This is not a joke. 10,000 points in any market is highly risky. What it means is it has the potential to retrace and it will be difficult to predict.

I always prefer stable/less volatile markets so the chances of losing money are less. For bigger traders it's a different story

Back
Top Bottom