What's new

Just ordered an IPHONE 5, have I made a bad decision??!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the biggest reasons you should consider Android over the iPhone is the Apple Ecosystem. You are pretty much tied down to the iTunes ecosystem. That is really annoying when it comes to music. I pretty much transfer music across multiple devices.

Another point is that while most Android Apps are free, the equivalent Apple Apps are not.

I also have a Windows Phone which just like the iPhone ties you to its ecosystem - Zune. But the interface of the Windows Phone is well and truly unique, easy and beautiful. It is hard to believe that this came out of Redmond and not Cupertino. People keep saying that there are limited Apps in the Windows Marketplace but every App that I have in my Android has a Windows version except the popular game "Words with Friends". Also, having access to Microsoft Office on a Phone is definitely a useful feature for me.

Lastly, I also have a Blackberry. It is unfortunate - but I think this was my last BB. It is the dumbest smartphone out there. The only good thing I can say about the BB is that the e-mail is still rollicking and typing is a breeze.

My first choice if I had to sign a contract would be

1. Samsung S3
2. Lumia 920 / 900
3. iPhone 5
4. Blackberry.

Oh and I forgot about videos. If I download a movie or the latest episode of Dexter - I just transfer it via Bluetooth on an Android and presto! it works! Not possible in any of the other ecosystems. Neither Apple nor Windows.

Thanks for this wirte up. I have to say you really did just give me a serious "oh $hit" moment when reading through your post! However I have to say I have had an iPhone in the past and so am already a part of the Apple "ecosystem".

Whatever you are getting with the Iphone 5 was already available in the Samsung Galaxy 3 and the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 so basically you just payed for the name and a slightly bigger screen which is fine by the way because at the end it comes down to preference. Personally I would have just gotten an Samsung Galaxy 3 (although the Galaxy Note is a bit better it is huge) as its cheaper with same features for the most part.

You are too old to be using smart phones. :whistle:

And wrt the Samsung S3, whilst it is a great phine (my dad has it so I've had plenty of time to look over it) with a Quadcore processor and a beautiful AMOLED display I just didn't like it. Like I have said I am adverse to using Android products and whilst it is impressive given the specs for the S3 how light it is I didn't like how light it is (if that makes sense). The lightness coupled with the plastic makes the phone fell cheap IMHO. There is a quality feel to the iPhone. I have heard that the 5 is really light too and given I have never held it I am a bit apprehensive that it won't have the same quality feel of the 4s and other phones.

You made a wrong decision if you are living in united kingdom and got the contract/mobile for personal use without thought of selling it later. First of all contract of iphone are very expensive and you have to pay upfront charges as well. I don't know whether you got some discount but i know you can get S3 for half monthly price than what you are paying for Iphone 5. I personally prefer good andriod phones because flash is my first requirement to watch live matches and live tv channels when i am away home and also good android phone make life much easier compare to ios which come with some restrictions. I will only buy apple iphone on cheap contract for purpose of selling it later otherwise i am very much satisfied with my S2 right now and i heard iphone 5 is 1.2 dual core processor and its just look taller but not proportionally bigger like s2/s1/s3 and also stupid nano sim and non removable battery, no usb mass storage mode, No sd cards etc

Well (not to be crass or anything) but the deal I got was £90 up front for a 32GB iPhone 5 on a 24 month contract paying £34/month with unlimited data (the real clincher for me) 500 free mins and 5000 free SMS on the THREE network. To me this was a really good deal when I compare this to what my sister got ~8 months ago for her 4S. But yes I know you can get significantly cheaper deals that give you more value.

I have a Black I4 32 GB..Do tell me about the new stuff after you get your hands on it.

Will do bro. If anyone is interested I can do a breif review when(/if) i get it!

Well (not to be crass or anything) but the deal I got was £90 up front for a 32GB iPhone 5 on a 24 month contract paying £34/month with unlimited data (the real clincher for me) 500 free mins and 5000 free SMS on the THREE network. To me this was a really good deal when I compare this to what my sister got ~8 months ago for her 4S. But yes I know you can get significantly cheaper deals that give you more value.

Will do bro. If anyone is interested I can do a breif review when(/if) i get it!

Thats not bad...something which you wont regret and moreover only a Apple user would know what a Apple is...I have also used S3 and Note and i didnt like it to be honest.

Some people hate the complexity of keeping an Apple product but those who have kept it over a period of time get used to it and its not that big a problem.

BB and Nokia are useless phones in my view.

Please do that...I am looking forward to buying a I5 by Dec or Jan.

I would keep the new IPHONE it's lighter, faster and has a better screen to the last model.

10791L_zpsbf3b8c53.jpg

I bought my iphone 5 for 60000 inr and the irony is i dont even have a freaking nano sim right now its more like a ipod though ism very very happy with its processor its camera the width of the screen ios 6 is as smooth as you will wish it to be the back feels realy good and its faster than my 4s in every sense

If you dont use maps too much then u r good.

I have a Black I4 32 GB..Do tell me about the new stuff after you get your hands on it.

Iphone 4s made the 4 looked so slow iphone 5 makes it look like a tempo infront of a ferrari i have both 4s. And 5 and i can only tell you its beats the crap out of 4s

Iphone 4s made the 4 looked so slow iphone 5 makes it look like a tempo infront of a ferrari i have both 4s. And 5 and i can only tell you its beats the crap out of 4s

Ok...and are there any other small changes with the software and all?

I bought my iphone 5 for 60000 inr and the irony is i dont even have a freaking nano sim right now its more like a ipod though ism very very happy with its processor its camera the width of the screen ios 6 is as smooth as you will wish it to be the back feels realy good and its faster than my 4s in every sense

How hard is it to grab scissors and cut your sim down to size?

Woh toh thik hain..Software main koi changes?

You can just update a 4S and you will have the same software features. My friend did it couple of days ago although if you are using an unlocked phone you may have to reunlock it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom