What's new

Just imagine if Julian Assange was Chinese

onebyone

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
  • As pointed out by at least one British pundit, the founder of WikiLeaks would have been celebrated and hailed as a hero by the West, instead of facing extradition to the US. Unfortunately, he exposed Western, especially American crimes, rather than Chinese ones
Last week, US Secretary of State Antony Blinken sent the following tweet. It coincided with a British court ruling that green lights the extradition of Julian Assange to the United States.
“Worldwide, more than 350 journalists are currently imprisoned for their work – including American journalist Austin Tice, who is detained in Syria,” Blinken wrote. “We must be relentless in shining a spotlight on attacks on journalists, demand accountability, & work to return the unjustly detained.”
But not Assange, the greatest citizen journalist ever who faces a maximum of 175 years in jail for espionage. That’s some kind of espionage, exposing such things as US war crimes!

Assange exposed the US-UK war crimes. They will not stop until he dies.

Unfortunate thing is there is no strong power protecting him.

If she had been another country citizen, Huawei CFO would have certainly faced a similar fate.

The world need China and many other states to check and balance the tyranny, to end monopoly, to build a democratic international society.

I wish he had a chance to seek protection in Russia or China.

Assange will have a miserable life in prison. Period.
He should not be so naive and hide somewhere else.

• As pointed out by at least one British pundit, the founder of WikiLeaks would have been celebrated and hailed as a hero by the West, instead of facing extradition to the US. Unfortunately, he exposed Western, especially American crimes, rather than Chinese ones
Last week, US Secretary of State Antony Blinken sent the following tweet. It coincided with a British court ruling that green lights the extradition of Julian Assange to the United States.
“Worldwide, more than 350 journalists are currently imprisoned for their work – including American journalist Austin Tice, who is detained in Syria,” Blinken wrote. “We must be relentless in shining a spotlight on attacks on journalists, demand accountability, & work to return the unjustly detained.”
But not Assange, the greatest citizen journalist ever who faces a maximum of 175 years in jail for espionage. That’s some kind of espionage, exposing such things as US war crimes!
tell me which country did china illegally invaded or occupied?? assange exposed the illegal invasion/occupation of iraq by uk-usa which was based on a lie.

No, that will destroyed his credibility of his finding against western tyrant. The west will simply say Assange is a spy send by China and Russia. All his finding are simply fabrications.

Back
Top Bottom