What's new

Just a Nice Pic....

Aim High
IMG_20210220_124657.jpeg

1st Helo with a ejection system View attachment 718009
Sir I have been thinking a lot about such a possibility. But I always got stucked at the point as to how the pilot is supposed to escape getting butchered by the blades above head? I guess the rotor would eject before the ejection of the pilots?

Last edited:

It's a miracle of human ingenuity that this piece of junk actually got off the ground with those wings, let alone flew at Mach 2. whatever, unimportant the decimal number. It was one of the US' worst widow makers.

Great run, Fatso (you don't mind me calling you that as a term of endearment (because of your username, do you?)

OTE="fatman17, post: 12972095, member: 3171"]
Pilot ejected and then lit a cigarette as he came down! View attachment 717979
[/QUOTE]

I remember this VERY WELL! It was at the 1993 RAF Fairford air show in England where it was one of the first MiG-29 appearances and the best thing about this accident (is not the cigarette LOL) it's that the bottom MiG-29's front fuselage was severed completely from the rest of the aircraft body and that collision activated the ejection system. Watch it it slow motion at the end it truly is incredible!. A testament to the Russian ejection system that works perfectly. There's even a closer call with Anatoly Kovachur which I will post the video. It's unbelievable.

They were actually very good friends and still were after this even though they were never allowed to fly again. You can also tell their maneuvers were waaaaaay too close, trying to impress the Blue Angles and Thunderbirds who never fly that close except in diamond formation which is safer. But solo is way too dangerous.

Mig-29's Crash at IAT 1993 RAF Fairford - YouTube

Then later on the ground as they were walking around trying to figure out what went wrong, several cigarettes by one of the pilots were lit lol. Here's the video with him lighting a smoke at the end. I would've lit something different lol/ Joke.

1989 Air Show Crash MiG 29 Soviet / 1993 Russian - YouTube

What happened to the old format where you could post a YouTube video on the forum? It doesn't allow that anymore or in there a trick?

Last edited:
More excitement for the enthusiast,

F-15 is just a beast in no matter what configuration.

EuONCkfXcAg9B7m

EuIrVrPWYAU3y1d

Interesting angle of the B2

1613832054673.png

This Rafale collided with a pair of power lines nocking the power grid lol but making it back safely without having to drop the tank since it was mostly empty.

EuhuANeWQAQTN3E

This jet is growing on me.

EugiCDvXUAEQjAD

EueVg4pVcAEJsnz

This was the best camo MiG-29

EucTpfVWQAE3DJ7

Now a truly unique image of a Swiss Mirage !V I I think it is taking 9off with JATOs.

EuTF4l1XAAEh1Vd

That's it for today. folks!

Attachments

• 1613832117708.png
    1613832117708.png
    420 KB · Views: 24
Back
Top Bottom