What's new

Jordanian news shows testing and production of Al-Mared 8x8.

Philip the Arab

Reaction score
Country
Jordan
I have found two videos from Jordanian news company that shows testing of the Al-Mared 8x8 from 2016 and at least 11 being produced from a video from 2019. I find this interesting because it shows that at least the Jordanian armed forces are planning to operate the system and potentially exports too. Exciting times for KADDB with more projects to come by Allah's will.

Screenshot from the video.

The time where the short testing happens is already connected to the video so all you have to do is play it.

The time where the production happens is already connected to the video so all you have to do is play it. The ones with the big holes in the top are the turret variants.
Mared-product.jpg

deathtrap box that will probably trip on simple IEDs made by daeshis

I found a Jordanian news video and on the desk of the chairman of KADDB I saw what looks like a 57mm Russian cannon but I can't be sure. They have similarities in the turret structures.

Play the video and you will see the vehicle in the foreground.

Again, just asking your opinion because I need a second pair of eyes to confirm my theory which I have head from other members of this forum.

New BMP-3 IFV Infantry Fighting Vehicle fiited with gun mount turret AU-220M armed with a 57mm automatic cannon at RAE Russia Arms Expo 2015 in Nizhny Tagil ...

BMP-3_gun_mount_AU-220M_with_57mm_cannon_RAE_Russia_Arms_Expo_2015_Nizhny_Tagil_640_001.jpg

New BMP-3 IFV Infantry Fighting Vehicle fiited with gun mount turret AU-220M armed with a 57mm automatic cannon at RAE Russia Arms Expo 2015 in Nizhny Tagil ...

BMP-3_gun_mount_AU-220M_with_57mm_cannon_RAE_Russia_Arms_Expo_2015_Nizhny_Tagil_640_001.jpg
I saw a post from a Jordanian member who said the 57mm turret was going to be on a Jordanian vehicle. I think it was BlackEagle. I was wondering about the model vehicle on the guys desk in the video. is it the same turret as the one on the BMP-3? I noticed some similarities in the design but not 100% sure.

I saw a post from a Jordanian member who said the 57mm turret was going to be on a Jordanian vehicle. I think it was BlackEagle. I was wondering about the model vehicle on the guys desk in the video. is it the same turret as the one on the BMP-3? I noticed some similarities in the design but not 100% sure.
The turret does not look the same.. the canon might be the same though..

The turret does not look the same.. the canon might be the same though..
Actually, I think Jordan is using their old British tracked vehicle turrets. In this video the turret is from the FV101 Scorpion.
upload_2019-4-4_18-1-45.jpeg

@Wilhelm II This could interest you possibly since I assume you like Arab defence topics.

Yes..it is possible..
I keep on asking questions I'm sorry. Anyways I noticed two versions look drastically different in the video and in SOFEX 2018. The video was made before SOFEX 2018 yet the Mared 8x8 has features that look nothing like the Mared. Could you tell me what could have happened? I assume that maybe the first picture was the prototypes and then flaws in terms of length which seems really, really freaking long and the version in the video which appears much shorter.

This looks way longer than the version in the video.

Notice how it looks shorter, different curves, different firing ports, and a fully different side.

Second video confirms my theory.

This is the design from SOFEX 2018 which looks pretty ugly.

In my opinion it looks way better with the second design and more modern. What do you think?

Actually, I think Jordan is using their old British tracked vehicle turrets. In this video the turret is from the FV101 Scorpion.
View attachment 551296

@Wilhelm II This could interest you possibly since I assume you like Arab defence topics.
Thank you so much but I don't play videos because internet is expensive here

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom