What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 6]

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the missile as you mention is of Chinese origin, what makes you think PAF has not already mated it on JF-17 and just kept it under wraps? HOBS is a significant capability and in dog fights, could be the winning difference.

At this point, we are only losing suppliers for the JF-17 to India''s much larger market. Recently we lost Denel Dynamics who are involved in a lot of programs with the PAF.

What I keep wondering about is why the PAF is persisting with the PL-5E-II. While it is comparable to the AIM-9M-8(in manoeuvrability and off boresight ability with a slightly better seeker) it would seem prudent for the PAF to simply focus on a new dogfight missile for its flagship jet. especially when it has done so already for certain older platforms within its inventory.

Other then PL5E-II PAF also have MAA-1A Piranha in service too, where it stands as compared to AIM-9M & PL-5E-II??

MAA-1 Piranha - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

PAF also seems to be interested in MAA-1B too.

MAA-1B - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

At this point, we are only losing suppliers for the JF-17 to India''s much larger market. Recently we lost Denel Dynamics who are involved in a lot of programs with the PAF.
India can't buy every best thing in the world. Su-35, typhoon, F-15 SE, Gripen 39 NG, J-20 and J-31. You just need to have $ in your pockets. PAF is playing much smartly than IAF with in small budget

India can't buy every best thing in the world. Su-35, typhoon, F-15 SE, Gripen 39 NG, J-20 and J-31. You just need to have $ in your pockets. PAF is playing much smartly than IAF with in small budget

That is what you think. It is mix of smart, stupid and generally average decisions.

Not always, not even close. I wonder by what stick you are judging that?
instead going for 4.5 or 4.75 generation they acquired F16 block 52, low end JF-17 thunder and start upgrading on them like AESA radars, BVR and AWACS

instead going for 4.5 or 4.75 generation they acquired F16 block 52, low end JF-17 thunder and start upgrading on them like AESA radars, BVR and AWACS

That is because it was a hobsons choice. There was no money to go for the 4.5 or 4.75 gen. That is not a choice, but a compromise.

That is because it was a hobsons choice. There was no money to go for the 4.5 or 4.75 gen. That is not a choice, but a compromise.
Compromise but upgrading continously, I wish soon AESA radars deployed on it along with current BVRs so we have a 4.25 G aircraft in production

Compromise but upgrading continously, I wish soon AESA radars deployed on it along with current BVRs so we have a 4.25 G aircraft in production

You have to upgrade otherwise you will not even have a hope to survive. The issue is with misuse and misappropriation of funds throughout the force. The aircraft will not have an AESA till the third block which is not due for another 4 years.

You have to upgrade otherwise you will not even have a hope to survive. The issue is with misuse and misappropriation of funds throughout the force. The aircraft will not have an AESA till the third block which is not due for another 4 years.
high-end AESA radars increase the cost by 3-5 Million $ per aircraft, If 150 gets in production 450-750 million dollars are required. I think it is worth it but I don't know it is unavailability of the AESA radars to Pakistan or negligence of PAF officials

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom