What's new

JF-17 Thunder Has Flown 40,000 Operational Hours : Air Cdre Rashid Habib

RangeMaster

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
According to Air Cdre Rashid Habib JF-17 thunder has achieved 40,000 flying hours. News has been shared by Alan Warns

1024px-Pakistan_JF-17_%28modified%29.jpg

Fantastic Achievement. We Indians have to learn on how to give importance to local made in country Fighters, rather than depend on imports. Another thing to learn - how to accept compromised machines and then gradually improve them.

I have a question. Can any body explain it?
We have a total of 100 operational thunders. The engine life is stated around 8 to 900hrs before first overhaul. If the last 10-14 aircrafts have made 200 to 250hrs in one year. Then how remaining from 1st to 90 can fly consecutively 39000 without overhaul. What's the annual use of each thunder.
I know only few 3 birds are overhauled in China remaining in due process locally. During last 10 years of age of Jf17 the average flying rate comes out too high then the engine life before first over haul.

I have a question. Can any body explain it?
We have a total of 100 operational thunders. The engine life is stated around 8 to 900hrs before first overhaul. If the last 10-14 aircrafts have made 200 to 250hrs in one year. Then how remaining from 1st to 90 can fly consecutively 39000 without overhaul. What's the annual use of each thunder.
I know only few 3 birds are overhauled in China remaining in due process locally. During last 10 years of age of Jf17 the average flying rate comes out too high then the engine life before first over haul.

Hi,

I believe the engine overhaul is around 2000 hours---. It was 4000 hrs prior to Paf had it tweaked to produce more power ( please correct me ).

Now as for 2-3 overhauls---that is the general aircraft overhaul from top to bottom---like complete refurbishment of the aircraft---.

we would not hear about engine overhauls because it is a routine thing in happening---.

So how much power it's producing with full Ab. The rated thrust in display boards is 18900lbs with full Ab. I think Paf increased engine life by putting harnesses and other safety gadgets to make it more durable. French assistance was in disguise and now opening itself for further collaboration

So how much power it's producing with full Ab. The rated thrust in display boards is 18900lbs with full Ab. I think Paf increased engine life by putting harnesses and other safety gadgets to make it more durable. French assistance was in disguise and now opening itself for further collaboration

Hi,

HP / full AB power---20000lbs---30000lbs are just numbers---. The numbers being numbers---look good when they are high---but that is not all the story behind numbers---.

How quickly can the engine give you the higher number---how readily / instantaneously that higher peak power is available when you push the throttle---that is what it is all about---.

The RD93 has a very quick spool up time and the power available to the pilot to accelerate is more than sufficient under all conditions---.

A thundering beauty :agree::man_in_love:

F-6 introduced in 66 lasted 2002 that almost 40 years and logged 300,000 hours in Those years , the whole fleet of 200 plus in total 11 sqn

If I remember correctly based on f6 retirement ceremony coin issues in 2002

Last edited:
F-6 introduced in 66 lasted 2002 that almost 40 years and logged 300,000 hours in Those years , the whole fleet of 200 plus in total 11 sqn

And it was designed as a disposable aircraft to last for 150-200 hours only with the engine having 100 hours MTBO.

Back
Top Bottom