What's new

JF-17: GLOBAL MILITARY SPECIAL REPORT

called F-5G/F-20 TS was a cheap fighter made to be exported to allies to limit the high technology to fall into the hands of russians. Overall it was a bad idea and an ill intentions even for the allies a no trust and the result was a failed product.

Last edited:
Dude why are comparing F-20 (Tigershark) with JF-17, and why the hell are you calling it FC-20 while its name is written on it?? :lol:

If you read the posted article, you will notice it says: "F-20 Tiger Shark like JF-17", that is why......as for writing FC-20 instead of F-20, that was mistake and I apologize for any confusion.

[video=metacafe;220238/jf_17_fc_1_fighter_plane/]http://www.metacafe.com/watch/220238/jf_17_fc_1_fighter_plane/[/video]

I think it is time to work on an JF-17 upgrade model...

If we use more composite, the JF-17 will lose tons of weight.

I think it is time to work on an JF-17 upgrade model...

If we use more composite, the JF-17 will lose tons of weight.

A planned upgrade is being designed as we speak, a MoU was signed a couple of months ago, one of the intended upgrades is the usage of more composite materials and providing the plane thrust vectoring capability, the RD-93 does have a TVing upgrade.

yea i know lol i meant what are the specs and details of this aircraft and why did he posted it in comparison with JF-17 lol i wanted to know his intentions for doing so and whether there are any sort of similarities in f-20 and jf-17 or not..

PS: i lolled.. :D

The author wasnt comparing JF-17 with the F-20 Tigershark per se. It is mentioned (message lost in translation) that JF-17 is in the same class of fighters as the F-20. Nothing more to it.

So we can safely assume that F-20 was the F-35 of its era?

No F-20 was a slight upgrade of F-5 developed to enhance the capabilities as well as an alternate instead of selling more capable high tech fighters to some allies which us thought that technology could fall into the hands of russians they came up with the idea of F-20/F-5G.

I see that this thread is a bit old but I will put my 2 cents in anyway... The F-20 and the JF-17 do resemble each other. But than there are only so many ways to make a door knob. It stands to reason that aircraft are going to be related to one another if they are going to be asked to do the same basic job. The F-20 was a great looking and preforming bird and from what I've seen so is the JF-17. I think something important to remember is that the JF-17 has a lot of better tech going for it; for no other reason than the amount of time involved from the F-20 project to the JF-17. Anyway I still think the JF-17 thunder is a great looking bird. I believe that it has a big future as replacement for MiG 21's around the world, and there are a lot of 21's around. I like the JF-17/ FC-1 and I am looking forward to watching them mature into very capable weapons system.
Cheers

I would not agree with writer in certain ways, the 'way of presentation' of information is not appropriate.
It is shown that Pakistan and China worked on JF-17, China produces it and Pakistan buys it which is wrong.
It is also shown that China produces and sells K-8 which is also wrong.

I stopped reading after it feeling it to be reporter bias or lack of knowledge. Sorry nothing more to comment.

It is basically a Northrop F5E, upgraded to F-20 by Northrop on its own. USAF never used this a/c. Northrop did try to sell it as cheap export fighter to south americans. Pakistan was at one point negotating with Northrop to setup a production line in Pakistan. This was back in late seventies if I am not mistaken.
That is correct, F-20 or A-10s were on offer. Initially PAF was expected to be the launch customer. However, falcons deal frustrated its prospect.

Back
Top Bottom