What's new

JD(U) splits with BJP

T90TankGuy

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
Over and Done. Nitish Kumar's JD(U) splits with BJP, trust vote on Wednesday

Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar confirmed today that his alliance with the BJP is over. On Wednesday, his majority will be tested in the state legislature, where his party, the Janata Dal (United) or JD(U), is four votes short of a majority. Mr Kumar has said the BJP's 11 ministers must be dismissed; they have so far not resigned.

At a press conference, the chief minister displayed the skill he has finessed in recent months of targeting the BJP's Narendra Modi without naming him. "To be named Prime Minister, you need more than 270 votes, " he said in a clear jab at the Gujarat Chief Minister, described by critics as a polarizing politician, unacceptable to parties that have substantial Muslim support. (Read highlights of Nitish Kumar's press conference)

Mr Modi hopes to run for prime minister, but is accused by detractors including the JD(U) of not acting soon or strongly enough to stop the killing of hundreds of Muslims in the Gujarat riots of 2002. By recently choosing him to lead its election campaign, the BJP has signalled that he is the front runner for its prime ministerial nomination, the JD(U) has alleged.
Sharad Yadav, who is president of the JD(U), said, "It is not who the BJP selects as their leader that is our problem. But recent speeches have indicated an agenda we cannot subscribe to." Mr Yadav said he has resigned as Convenor of the National Democratic Alliance or NDA, the coalition of seven parties including the JDU which is fronted by the BJP. (Read: who said what on JD(U)-BJP split)

"There is no going back on Modi, whether an alliance breaks or not," BJP vice-President Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi retaliated in Delhi, making it clear that the differences are irreconcilable. (Read: Let alliances break, Modi stays, snaps BJP)

But sources say that there is disquietude within the JD(U) over the decision to end the collaboration with the BJP which is popular with upper caste voters.
Over and Done. Nitish Kumar's JD(U) splits with BJP, trust vote on Wednesday | NDTV.com

I kept saying that modi will drive away the allies that nda had . now its happened!!!!
who is left? akalis and shiv sena.

Just how is the nda to make up numbers now?

That over confident Nitish think he can be PM of India.

i think it was more overconfidence shown by the bjp top brass thinking that jdu would not leave.

Someone is labelled as a super human who would remove corruption and pace up development in India if he becomes PM. Others who worked for their country for decades were side-lined. If Indian politicians are struggling for their own space of respect and dignity with in their own parities, it is a true reflection of their maturity level and common ideology. Hope to see a mature politicians and better government from next general elections. :wave:

I kept saying that modi will drive away the allies that nda had . now its happened!!!!

If BJP got some where around 180-200 every one start to join NDA..

MAYA, Mamta, Jaylalita, Nitish every one..... I am waiting for the day when LEFT parties will join NDA. (highly doubtful ;))

Good Riddance,please no more oppurtunistic allies,just keep the core and natural allies and learn to build in states with less of a movement.

i think it was more overconfidence shown by the bjp top brass thinking that jdu would not leave.

If modi gets around 200

Then Jaya(19-20) + Biju(10) + akali(5) +SS(15) +TRS(5-7)+AGP+HJC+Other small parties+Independents =272

If BJP got some where around 180-200 every one start to join NDA..

MAYA, Mamta, Jaylalita, Nitish every one..... I am waiting for the day when LEFT parties will join NDA. (highly doubtful ;))

You are talking BS . amma will join but nitish maya? no way . as for mamta , i pray she does join , she is more of a headache than a friend .

at the height of its popularity , using the ram mandir issue the bjp never crossed the 185 seat mark . you expect them to do it again?

If modi gets around 200

Then Jaya(19-20) + Biju(10) + akali(5) +SS(15) +TRS(5-7)+AGP+HJC+Other small parties+Independents =272

first they need to get 200 . highly doubtful.

Ok Sir, Let's Talk :D

What OVERCONFIDENCE??

JDU said that Modi should not be declared PM candidate....Right??

Did they declare him??

Now, whatever party position they give him INSIDE the party, it's BJP's internal matter.....who is JDU to say anything??

BTW, even Atal Bihari Vajpayee din't have any allies in 1996 but the complete scenario changed in 1998/99 when BJP got nos. above 180.....

I have been kept saying to you, IDEOLOGIES are a just a MIRAGE to fool common man.

& Please see this survey (WHICH YOU DON'T BELIEVE) before giving verdicts:

modi_02_052113110143.jpg

They'll all coming running back when BJP has the numbers - I bet Congress camp must be jumping with joy.

Personal aspirations of narendra modi is causing the demise of NDA and a divided house BJP will pay high price because of infighting, ego battle and dictatorship :rolleyes:

Those people who are sick of congress will be forced to vote for it again just for the sake of India :angel:

I used to think digvijay singh is the most stupid politician of india...but today nitish kumar prove him wrong..wonder how he will be looking in opposition next year

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom