What's new

Jawani Phir Nahi Ani’ makes record Rs 7.73 crore business in just three days

So which country would you like to compare these figures to?

I would like to compare these figures of the Pakistani movie industry of 2015 to the Pakistani movie industry of 2005.

In fact as you claimed we have not recovered from the blow Zia dealt to our film industry lets compare it to its state in 1977.

I would like to compare these figures of the Pakistani movie industry of 2015 to the Pakistani movie industry of 2005.

In fact as you claimed we have not recovered from the blow Zia dealt to our film industry lets compare it to its state in 1977.

Ah yes, comparing oneself to oneself. Classic! :D

Let us correct the figures for inflation and the value of the PKR, before we say anything else, shall we?

Before this movie, all revenue records were made by Fast and Furious 7. This movie has comfortably broken all records of Fast 7.

Let us correct the figures for inflation and the value of the PKR, before we say anything else, shall we?

I feel like talking to a wall.

Here lets compare with Iran....a country as we know known for producing top quality Oscar contender movies.

Also factor in Iran's GDP of $ 368 bn as compared to Pakistan's $ 250 bn.

Now lets see what the highest grossing Iranian movies have made over the years.

The Numbers - Top Islamic Republic of Iran Movies of Each Year

You see that in 2015 2 million dollars...2014, 35 thousand dollars !

So if the movie industry in Pakistan is pathetic than i don't know what would you call those guys running a industry which is renowned for producing top quality stuff.

I feel like talking to a wall.

Here lets compare with Iran....a country as we know known for producing top quality Oscar contender movies.

Also factor in Iran's GDP of $ 368 bn as compared to Pakistan's $ 250 bn.

Now lets see what the highest grossing Iranian movies have made over the years.

The Numbers - Top Islamic Republic of Iran Movies of Each Year

You see that in 2015 2 million dollars...2014, 35 thousand dollars !

So if the movie industry in Pakistan is pathetic than i don't know what would you call those guys running a industry which is renowned for producing top quality stuff.

Iran's population = 77 million.
Pakistan's population = 200 million

And Iran's film industry is beyond pathetic. :D

Even then, compare to Pakistani figures for 2015:

List of Pakistani films of 2015 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Iran's population = 77 million.
Pakistan's population = 200 million

And Iran's film industry is beyond pathetic. :D

GDP and the buying power matters....

In the U.S movies on opening weekends are making 10 times more than in India with just one fourth the population.

You know what, the most pathetic bunch are the new producers and the cinema owners entering the business.

Bloody idiots have no idea the film industry in Pakistan is dead.

And this is going to be the last post on this topic from me.

GDP and the buying power matters....

In the U.S movies on opening weekends are making 10 times more than in India with just one fourth the population.

You know what, the most pathetic bunch are the new producers and the cinema owners entering the business.

Bloody idiots have no idea the film industry in Pakistan is dead.

And this is going to be the last post on this topic from me.

Sure, you may leave, but the facts will remain. And look down the list that you linked for Iranian movies for even higher figures. :D

Sure, you may leave, but the facts will remain. And look down the list that you linked for Iranian movies for even higher figures. :D
Actually a country's films income is directly proportional to screens per person the. According to UN it should be at least 15000 per screen but in India it is something around 80000 but as the screens will get add up more and more the competition will incresase that's why in USA movies earn more than in India also that's why US has 10 billion box office bcoz of so many screens but it will be taken over by CHINA and India in the future because of population.
But my friend you need to bet realistic that Pakistani lollywood can never be in such figures as Bollywood or Hollywood is.

We should compare them with Mongolia right chenzhezi bro? lol

There are only 80-100 screens in Pakistan and another 100 underconstruction.

@Zarvan what you say. I think it is nice to see our movie getting more profit even they broke record of fast and furious 7 in Pakistan. Hope we make more movies and we need to introduce more songs in movie.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom