What's new

Japan's Shoei Printing uses Made in Vietnam RFID chips, Aim for global export

20150817_rfid_card_article_thumbnail.jpg

Vietnam aims to commercialize homemade RFID applications

HO CHI MINH CITY -- Japan's Shoei Printing last week signed a contract to develop and commercialize applications of radio-frequency identification technologies based on concepts from Vietnam's Integrated Circuit Design Research and Education Center.

RFID chips, which need little power to encode and store pieces of information, are already replacing bar codes and other dated technologies.

Shoei will develop applications for two types of Vietnam-developed RFID technologies. Each uses a different radio frequency and is the result of studies conducted by the research and education center during the past four years. Chips based on HF RFID technology, which uses high-frequency electromagnetic waves, will be embedded into payment cards and access-control cards. Meanwhile, UHF RFID chips, which use ultra-high frequencies, are designed for IC tags meant to help keep track of inventories in a warehouse or packages in transit, according to the center.

"We expect to provide smartcards and operating systems in Vietnam, such as tickets for subway lines that are now under construction in Ho Chi Minh City and are expected to start rolling in the next couple of years," said Makoto Nakagawa, general manager of Shoei Printing. Nakagawa is also chief of the company's representative office in Vietnam.

The research and education center will outsource part of chip production to Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co.; the chips will then be embedded in cards in Japan by Shoei. The center hopes to bring all processing stages to Vietnam by 2017, when an IC manufacturing plant in Ho Chi Minh City is to open.

According to Nakagawa, RFID-integrated products are already available in Japan and Singapore. Shoei and the Vietnamese center aim to commercialize a "brand new" and original application based on Vietnamese technology, he said.

Dao Ngoc Chien, deputy chief of the High Technology Department under Vietnam's Ministry of Science and Technology, has called the deal a breakthrough for the country's young technology industry. The project is part of a $6.6 million program to develop and make RFID chips in Vietnam.

Vietnamese companies and consumers use some 20 billion RFID chips a year. The country's RFID chip market is estimated at $45 million; indigenous vendors account for less than 5% of it.

Vietnamese technology: Japan's Shoei Printing gets RFID contract- Nikkei Asian Review

This demonstrates the powerness of Vietnamese manufacturing

In a multipolar world, big powers like to share the power. UN security council is just an example. They do not like any challenger to the system. Currently United States think that it is the only superpower. But with the declining power, United States may go back to UN system. When that day happens, United States may contract its projection of power. If this really happens, United States will sacrifice the interests of Japan, Vietnam and Phillipines just to make sure that the mulipolar system can be stable. There has been heating debate in Unites States for the projection of power overseas. The day United States decides to contract its power, the dooms day for Vietnam and Japan. Big powers always like to sacrifice small powers. This is the cruel reality of the multi-polar world. It happened in China 2000 years. It is happening in today's earth.

At the country level, there are no friends or allies, just interests.

If it is in a big power's interest to sacrifice a small nation, there is no hesitation.

History has proven this over and over again.

Unfortunately, this is the reality.

Every country big or small will only look after their interests.

At the country level, there are no friends or allies, just interests.

If it is in a big power's interest to sacrifice a small nation, there is no hesitation.

History has proven this over and over again.

Unfortunately, this is the reality.

Every country big or small will only look after their interests.

The U.S.-Israel power relationship is the exception to this rule, I suppose . :)

Yes, at the moment due to the strong Jewish lobby in American politics.

This won't last forever.

Despite the protestation of General Marshall, it still went through, however. My assumption is that this US-Israel Power Relationship will continue indefinitely.

Low, but not dirty & polluted and can export to all TPP nations ,too :pop:
What TPP?

I wonder why these little chinese men go the extra mile to prove to the world their utter and complete stupidity? A bunch of Indian members pointed out his false-flagging nonsense a day or two ago, yet nothing was done. This forum is seriously effed up, and it is clear that the management only wants traffic; quality be damned!
your posts are not quality material. I won't bitch too much.

Let's not blame management, my friend, they have a lot to deal with in terms of traffic and trolls. For example, this section, the Far East Section is filled with re-manifested trolls who were banned. I know full well that the management, especially the moderation staff is doing a great job.

If you see any abuses, just report it, report and report.

Good points my friend, tho I doubt he is Filipino, because I tried posting in not only Tagalog, but in Cebuano, in Kiniray-on, Hiligay-non, Waray-Waray-non and some Suluk (Tausug) dialect before --- he responded in poor google translated Tagalog -- and in the wrong lexical format.

He is a non-Filipino , period.

Ug gustoh ka maig binisaya lang ta, dili lang ta mag tina-galog kai mo gamit ra gayud na si "opruh" og Google Translate sa akong gi ingun nimo, bai @Cossack25A1 . Ano bla..sang gusto sa ikaw mag ginagamit tayo sa Hiligaynon kag Kinaray-non, da ma Illongo ta gid. :)

@Cossack25A1 @Zero_wing

Sorry man southern luzon ako

I wonder why these little chinese men go the extra mile to prove to the world their utter and complete stupidity? A bunch of Indian members pointed out his false-flagging nonsense a day or two ago, yet nothing was done. This forum is seriously effed up, and it is clear that the management only wants traffic; quality be damned!

Because they want people to fight each other dividing tactics typical imperial if you ask me

JP-US investment in VN is still little, and what we r doing now is just like what CN did in 1979 when she welcomed US_JP investment to boost up her economy.:)

U will know when it (TPP) come out in abt 3 years :pop:
So it has not happened yet. So there are no TPP countries now.

So it has not happened yet. So there are no TPP countries now.
No now, but yes in abt 3 years.

Just like no CNY devaluation in January when I told u guys, but CNY devaluation is unavoidable and if u study philosophy carefully, u can see it earlier than pple who graduated from CN universities :pop:

I will bet with you, TPP will be signed by the end of 2017.

Actually, I sense that Obama wants to sign the deal before his terms end to seal his “legacy”. So I predict that it will happen before the end of next year.
Not sure, bro. Obama needs time to make all TPP members to understand why TPP must come to reality coz only few countries such as US-JP-VN earn benefit from it .

JP-US investment in VN is still little, and what we r doing now is just like what CN did in 1979 when she welcomed US_JP investment to boost up her economy.:)

Your FDI/Gross Capital Formation is constantly way above 25% which is suppose to be below 5% for a solid future . On an average China had this below 5-8%. Only few years it touched 15% in 4 decades. China did liberalize the economy and their domestic entrepreneur made full use of that, so that the FDI proportion remained very low in their economy.

Your FDI/Gross Capital Formation is constantly way above 25% which is suppose to be below 5% for a solid future . On an average China had this below 5-8%. Only few years it touched 15% in 4 decades. China did liberalize the economy and their domestic entrepreneur made full use of that, so that the FDI proportion remained very low in their economy.
Bro, can u pls give the charts abt FDI/Gross Capital Formation of VN and CN from 1970s until now ??

Back
Top Bottom