What's new

Japan unveils first locally developed stealth plane

X-post from another forum:

I think "technology demonstrator" could be plausible, though the large canopy and staggered seating is a bit of a puzzle. Could be "advanced trainer", could be wanting to have two people along for the R&D work (as sometimes there's no substitute for really being there).

In light of a few other Japanese aerospace projects, I wonder if this isn't a "true prototype" aircraft, where the idea is to build it, fly it, learn from it, and build another one or two like the Chinese have been doing with the J-20. Then take the lessons learned to build the production airplane. The intent may be there to have a true LO-capable aircraft in the end, but for right now they may just be focusing on learning.

and

The ATD-X, known (but not officially yet) as "Shinshin" - isn't intended to be an operational fighter. It's a technology demonstrator that is intended to point the way for the F-3 in about 10 years. Basically a risk reduction exercise, really.

As for the huge canopy, it looks to me to be a combination of having an observer/second crewman for the testing, and also re-using existing parts - to my admittedly untrained eye it looks a lot like the cockpit section of a T-4.

Is that aircraft equivalent of F22 and J20? or equivalent of F35 and J35? It looks kind of small compare with other Fifth Gen aircraft.

Is that aircraft equivalent of F22 and J20? or equivalent of F35 and J35? It looks kind of small compare with other Fifth Gen aircraft.

Right now its a Tech demonstrator that is more trainer sized to explore and test L-O features.

Actual F-3 will be equivalent of F35 class I think.

Are you watching man in the high castle?

Quite enjoyable show. Season 2 should be interesting seeing what happens at end of last episode (though I had a feeling that was the case).

Congrats Japan!

@Nihonjin1051

Are you watching man in the high castle?

Yes, i do watch from time to time. But right now my eyes are curious about this History Channel epic:

(and yes, i admit i am fond of 19th century type novels that focuses on social quandaries of the day...)

war-and-peace-2016.jpg

Yes, i do watch from time to time. But right now my eyes are curious about this History Channel epic:

(and yes, i admit i am fond of 19th century type novels that focuses on social quandaries of the day...)

war-and-peace-2016.jpg

The last episode, she (Lily James) annoyed me so much...I guess coz she reminded me somewhat of what my sister did. Such fickle immature girls are found in all time periods :s

The last episode, she (Lily James) annoyed me so much...I guess coz she reminded me somewhat of what my sister did. Such fickle immature girls are found in all time periods :s

Yes. Im more interested in the development of Andrei's character. The development of his earlier rambunctious nationalism changed into coddling personification of the house-man after the unfortunate loss of his wife and the moribund feelings that he had experienced afterwards. Am quite interested to see the potential of love he will have in the upcoming episode. I think this Sunday.

#excitedtoseethis #ohmygoodnesswhatdidijustsaythat #lol

Yes. Im more interested in the development of Andrei's character. The development of his earlier rambunctious nationalism changed into coddling personification of the house-man after the unfortunate loss of his wife and the moribund feelings that he had experienced afterwards. Am quite interested to see the potential of love he will have in the upcoming episode. I think this Sunday.

#excitedtoseethis #ohmygoodnesswhatdidijustsaythat #lol

You ever read the novel by Tolstoy? Unfortunately I have, so I know all the spoilers hehe....but extremely long one to read....huge parts of it are simply philosophical discussion. Even in War and Peace you can slowly see the beginnings of what Tolstoy would later become: a full fledged pacifist+anarchist, corresponding with and strongly influencing the likes of Gandhi in his final years.

But its quite excellently done I have to say to watch it in this mini-series format.

I hope they do Anna Karenina next!

Back
Top Bottom