What's new

Japan 'should develop nuclear weapons to defend itself'

Hafizzz

Reaction score
Japan 'should develop nuclear weapons to defend itself'
Japan 'should develop nuclear weapons to defend itself' - Telegraph

Shintaro Ishihara, 78, a former actor and author who has been governor of Tokyo since 1999 and has frequently provoked anger among Japan's neighbours, made his latest demand after a diplomatic row sparked by the arrest of a Chinese fishing vessel captain operating in Japanese waters.

"If Japan had had nuclear (weapons), there would not have been any (Chinese encroachment) on the Senkakus," he said. "And North Korea would not have abducted our citizens."

Mr Ishihara is chairman of a group of prefectural governors who have been demanding progress on the issue of Japanese nationals seized by North Korean agents in the 1970s and '80s.

In early 2009, he criticised the outgoing administration of President George W. Bush for not doing enough to support Japan's demand for their release.

Washington has "not displayed great interest in the matter," he said.

"North Korea is a country with nuclear weapons, but when the United States had issues with Libya, they bombed Tripoli," he said. "Some children died and that was a tragedy – but Libya changed.

"A more serious approach is needed with regard to North Korea."

Mr Ishihara attracted international attention in 1989 after jointly authoring "The Japan That Can Say No" with the then-Sony chairman, Akio Morita. The bestselling book called on Japan to be more assertive in dealings with the United States.

He has also repeatedly stated that the Rape of Nanjing was fiction created by the communists in China, while in 2001 he stated in a magazine interview that "old women who have lost their ability to reproduce are useless and are committing a sin."

More recently, he attracted criticism in December for describing lesbians and gay men as "deficient."

Imperialism on the rise.

How?????????

If a country like pakistan can have nukes why not japan to defend itself??

Will u call pak nuke's as symbol of imperialism??

Pakistan developed Nukes because India wanted to annex Pakistan and place it under the Indian Map but China and N. Korea did not and will not annex Japan.

If Japan has nuclear weapons, Japan can escape the control of the USA.
Japan will need other countries to help it. What country do you think will help it?

Pakistan developed Nukes because India wanted to annex Pakistan and place it under the Indian Map but China and N. Korea did not and will not annex Japan.

Einstein who told u that??

Let me guess zaid hamid??

Soldier we don't want to annex your country or anybody else.

Before 1971 Bangladesh was also pakistan but see we have not annexed it till date.

So grow up and look beyond ur text books and zaid hamid and apply a simple common sense, what will we get by merger of pakistan??

If Japan has nuclear weapons, Japan can escape the control of the USA.
Japan will need other countries to help it. What country do you think will help it?

India will help Japan to develop nukes so that Japan can use it to contain China. LOL

Japan's biggest desire is to state the normalization.
But Americans will not give up control of the Japanese. The sky will not fall! There is no free lunch! How would the Japanese do?

If Americans allow Japanese has nuclear weapons, Japanese can have nuclear weapons long ago.
But Americans are not allowed.

Japan's biggest desire is to state the normalization.
But Americans will not give up control of the Japanese. The sky will not fall out! How would the Japanese do?

If Americans allow Japanese has nuclear weapons, Japanese can have nuclear weapons long ago.
But Americans are not allowed.

I thought USA did not allow Japan to have nukes fearing that N. Korea, Taiwan, South Korea etc will also develop nukes.

Putting aside the useless banter, which was the thread starter's intention...

It would be interesting to know what the Japanese people's opinion of a nuclear Japan would be. I know Shinataro Ishihara has a tendency to make controversial statements but that doesn't mean that he's wrong.

In my opinion a nuclear Japan could stabalise the region and balance the North Korea-China axis but on the other hand it could spark an arms race and create more tension. It's very hard to know.

Mark my words, I'm sure that the Japanese are seriously considering developing WMD's.

Japan is very strong. China has no ability to independently control East Asia, Japan also has no ability.

We do not worry about Japan's nuclear weapons.
Because China and Japan must cooperate, When the USA to leave East Asia.

China and Japan will eventually become a partner, the same as France and Germany.

Chinese and Japanese economies are complementary.

Although the Chinese people and Japanese people quarrel with each other, but they also need each other.
Finally, they will cooperate for the common interests.

Putting aside the useless banter, which was the thread starter's intention...

It would be interesting to know what the Japanese people's opinion of a nuclear Japan would be. I know Shinataro Ishihara has a tendency to make controversial statements but that doesn't mean that he's wrong.

In my opinion a nuclear Japan could stabalise the region and balance the North Korea-China axis but on the other hand it could spark an arms race and create more tension. It's very hard to know.

Mark my words, I'm sure that the Japanese are seriously considering developing WMD's.

I think Bangladesh, Nepal , Bhutan, Burma and Sri Lanka should also develop nukes to balance India's ever growing Nuke arsenal and military might.

Back
Top Bottom