What's new

Jahangir Khan's unbelievable winning streak record

Pakistanpatriot

New Recruit

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Jahangir Khan, among many other records, holds perhaps THE most unbelievable record, that of the longest winning streak in all of sports.

What an amazing sportsman, surely one of the greatest of any sports, the world needs to recognize him more. Share this as much as possible.

what ever happened to Squash in Pak?????

man we used to follow jansher/jahangir closely.
every good times must end....downfall happens, its part of life!

Dont worry, they r just sports. Later in future we can rise gain.

every good times must end....downfall happens, its part of life!

Dont worry, they r just sports. Later in future we can rise gain.

If we support our sports and sportsmen yes if not then we will continue in a downwards trend until we are mediocre at best

The greatest sportsman in Pak history. More greater than imran khan surely.

That is really an unbelievable streak. To old timers, who was the better player - Jahangir Khan or Jansher Khan? I remember watching one of them in action - Jahangir Khan in Bombay in 1990 or 91 - he played exhibition matches against some white fellow - some Brit or Aussie. I was really young but remember he everyone gushing about him and he had speed and artistry.

That is really an unbelievable streak. To old timers, who was the better player - Jahangir Khan or Jansher Khan? I remember watching one of them in action - Jahangir Khan in Bombay in 1990 or 91 - he played exhibition matches against some white fellow - some Brit or Aussie. I was really young but remember he everyone gushing about him and he had speed and artistry.

Very good question, if you look at the records and the achievements, Jahangir Khan was the better player, but only by a bit! They had some unbelievable matches, but it's generally agreed that Jahangir Khan was superior. Jansher Khan is an absolute legend as well.

The Khan's era is over in squash but sadly no successors are there to replace them, same is case with other supports of Pakistan they are all on low level except cricket. The Govt educational institutions mostly don't have supports facilities at sufficient level meanwhile parents of students also seldom encourage their children to take part in supports. Similarly private institutions either do not have proper grounds or they conduct supports just for fun, mostly annually. No clubs/organisations there to encourage younger generation to take part in supports and most students due to lack of supports go for negative activities/narcotics.
Hockey players even after big claims have not got their complete allowances, martial arts/ snooker players along with body builders often participate in international arena by support of their friends or family.
How the hell this country can progress when we are producing young generation low at fitness and high at narcotics.
Let us pray that new Govt should make an effective supports policy and implement it for progress of supports in the country.

Brutal sport
It’s unbelievable what these two gave Pakistan
You have to be almost superhuman to do this
Their European opponents were no lesser than those playing today

Both were almost equal and you couldn't pick one.

Very good question, if you look at the records and the achievements, Jahangir Khan was the better player, but only by a bit! They had some unbelievable matches, but it's generally agreed that Jahangir Khan was superior. Jansher Khan is an absolute legend as well.

Both were almost equal and you couldn't pick one.

Just curious. How come the sport just kind of died down there? Sure, not possible to keep producing a World #1. But is it still a popular sport?

Jhangir Khan
Jansher Khan

Two golden players if only people knew about them , they used to win every cup they entered
It used to be Pakistan 1 / 2

Remarkable 2 players Pakistan produced

They just had a amazing determination I heard they trained 4-5 hours a day

Just curious. How come the sport just kind of died down there? Sure, not possible to keep producing a World #1. But is it still a popular sport?
Unfortunately not a popular sports at all now. Cricket has overtaken everything, both for the public, and for the governments as well, there is no money being spent on Squash, and is very much ignored.

Having said that, Jahangir and Jansher were once in a lifetime occurrences. We've produced many other famous squash players, but these two were just on another level.

Both of them claimed they trained daily for 4-5 hours and that is insane level of stamina and that was secret for their success in their prime

They were without doubt the two fittest players Pakistan has produced

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom