What's new

J-8I jets are being decommissioned in a rapid rate

Lankan Ranger

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
J-8I jets are being decommissioned in a rapid rate

J-8I jets are being decommissioned in a rapid rate -- most of them are being converted into static displays. At this point, the remaining J-8 fleet is no longer considered a front line recon bird.

This J-8I fighter of the PLAN Air Force (serial number 0423) was donated to Nanchang Aeronautical University last week.

1316228887_31663.jpg

1316228886_74073.jpg

1281448925_65182.jpg

1281448603_66479.jpg

By - XINHUI

Why are they not converting them into the UAVs like they have done previously with J-6/J-7?

Why are they not converting them into the UAVs like they have done previously with J-6/J-7?

They are big jets, twin engine, thus more complicated issues arising in converting them to drones & maintenance issues.

While the J-7/J-6 are in huge numbers with the Chinese and they are simple to maintain and easy to convert compared to doing work on a double engine fighter jet.

And may be the Chinese have enough J-6s & J-7s to be used for drones, thus J-8s not required.

Chinese should donate these antique pieces to their Poor African Allies..

More likely they will be converted to target drones and decoys. It is worth every penny in conversion costs to deplet enemy's stock of SAM and AAM before sending in the real fighters and stand off weapons.

Chinese should donate these antique pieces to their Poor African Allies..

The last time they tried, the leaders of these poor African allies used it to massacre their own citizens. But what is there to say? China rolled over its own students with tanks imported from Russia.

The last time they tried, the leaders of these poor African allies used it to massacre their own citizens. But what is there to say? China rolled over its own students with tanks imported from Russia.

Just like the Canadian government put its own citizens in prison when people demonstrated in Vancouver against corporations

Just like the Canadian government put its own citizens in prison when people demonstrated in Vancouver against corporations

Except they weren't torchered in prison or had their Turban blown off by IEDs.

Except they weren't torchered in prison or had their Turban blown off by IEDs.

The fact that you would tolerate Canada putting people in prison for such reasons is very undemocratic.

There isn't in a conformity but many J-8s could potentially be sold off to N.Korea as a replacement of Shenyang J-5/J-6.

There isn't in a conformity but many J-8s could potentially be sold off to N.Korea as a replacement of Shenyang J-5/J-6.

dont think this will happen`N.Korea cant operate them, they dont hv the manpower and resources

Back
Top Bottom