J-10 and Rafale together

xhw1986

Reaction score
Country
Norway
40fc.jpg

China's J-10A Vigorous Dragon is superior to French Rafale

71O5y.jpg

China's J-10A flies higher, faster, and carry longer-range PL-12 AAM (air-to-air missile) than French Rafale.

yaSj4.jpg

The J-10A carries four PL-12 missiles with 70+ km range that can easily shoot down a French Rafale carrying shorter 50km range MICA missiles.

The J-10A has a service ceiling of 18,000m. The French Rafale has a lower service ceiling of 16,800m. For combat, the same missile launched at a higher altitude (such as 18,000m) will fly further.

For within-visual-range (WVR) combat, a J-10A can circle above and swoop down with guns blazing on a helpless French Rafale. On the other hand, a French Rafale cannot engage a high-flying J-10A at 18,000m (which is 1,200m beyond the French Rafale's service ceiling).

The J-10A can carry four PL-12 beyond-visual-range (BVR) missiles with 70+ km range. However, the MICA missile carried by the French Rafale has a much shorter 50km range (according to GlobalSecurity). There is an alternative citation for a higher 100km range for the PL-12 (see International Assessment and Strategy Center > Research > The Air Balance on the Taiwan Strait).

The J-10A has a faster "maximum speed of Mach 2.2 at altitude" than the significantly slower "Mach 1.8+" for the French Rafale. This means the J-10A can fire its four PL-12 missiles at a French Rafale at 60km and fly home safely. The French Rafale's slower speed means it cannot chase down a J-10A.

The final point is the deadliness of China's PL-12 missiles.

Advanced but Unproved Chinese BVR Medium Range Missile SD-10

"Its seven recent test firings all hit the targets.
Experts believe that domestic SD-10's performance has surpassed the U.S. AIM-120A/B, Russian R-77 and the French MICA (Missile d'Interception et de Combat Aerien), etc., and close to the AIM-120C."

[Note: PL-12/SD-10 refer to the same missile.]
----------
References (for Wikipedia articles, see primary source footnotes):

Chengdu J-10 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Dassault Rafale - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Mica | Global Security

Last edited:
China's J-10A Vigorous Dragon is superior to French Rafale

71O5y.jpg

China's J-10A flies higher, faster, and carry longer-range PL-12 AAM (air-to-air missile) than French Rafale.

yaSj4.jpg

The J-10A carries four PL-12 missiles with 70+ km range that can easily shoot down a French Rafale carrying shorter 50km range MICA missiles.

The J-10A has a service ceiling of 18,000m. The French Rafale has a lower service ceiling of 16,800m. For combat, the same missile launched at a higher altitude (such as 18,000m) will fly further.

For within-visual-range (WVR) combat, a J-10A can circle above and swoop down with guns blazing on a helpless French Rafale. On the other hand, a French Rafale cannot engage a high-flying J-10A at 18,000m (which is 1,200m beyond the French Rafale's service ceiling).

The J-10A can carry four PL-12 beyond-visual-range (BVR) missiles with 70+ km range. However, the MICA missile carried by the French Rafale has a much shorter 50km range (according to GlobalSecurity).

In fairness, I have elected not to cite the higher 100km range for the PL-12 (see International Assessment and Strategy Center > Research > The Air Balance on the Taiwan Strait).
The J-10A has a faster "maximum speed of Mach 2.2 at altitude" than the significantly slower "Mach 1.8+" for the French Rafale. This means the J-10A can fire its four PL-12 missiles at a French Rafale at 60km and fly home safely. The French Rafale's slower speed means it cannot chase down a J-10A.

The final point is the deadliness of China's PL-12 missiles.

Advanced but Unproved Chinese BVR Medium Range Missile SD-10

"Its seven recent test firings all hit the targets.
Experts believe that domestic SD-10's performance has surpassed the U.S. AIM-120A/B, Russian R-77 and the French MICA (Missile d'Interception et de Combat Aerien), etc., and close to the AIM-120C."

[Note: PL-12/SD-10 refer to the same missile.]
----------
References (for Wikipedia articles, see primary source footnotes):

Chengdu J-10 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Mica | Global Security

Post some nice operational / promotional videos of J10 in flight and it's weapons package including it's firing.

Post some nice operational / promotional videos of J10 in flight and it's weapons package including it's firing.

There is plenty of photographs and videos posted in many threads. I'm not interested in showing you pretty pictures.

My post is a technical discussion of the military capabilities of the Chengdu J-10 and the French Rafale.

If you want to dispute the service ceiling, maximum speed, or missile range then show me your reputable citations. Otherwise, my claims will stand.

There is plenty of photographs and videos posted in many threads. I'm not interested in showing you pretty pictures.

My post is a technical discussion of the military capabilities of the Chengdu J-10 and the French Rafale.

which threads? give the links.

which threads? give the links.

Do a search for J-10 threads using the forum "search" function. Or search for it on Google or YouTube.

You've been on the forum for three years and you act like a newbie.

I'm beginning to believe the claim about low IQ Indians. After almost 8,000 posts, you're claiming that you haven't seen a single J-10 video? And you don't know how to use the "search" function? Are you retarded?

Last edited:
Do a search for J-10 threads using the forum "search" function. Or search for it on Google or YouTube.

You've been on the forum for three years and you act like a newbie.

I'm beginning to believe the claim about low IQ Indians. After almost 8,000 posts, you're claiming that you haven't seen a single J-10 video? And you don't know how to use the "search" function? Are you retarded?

Unfortunately I haven't, I thought you would have a nice collection of said videos - but turns out you are as retarded as the rest of your folks.

I think the Rafale is slightly bigger.

J-10 specs as seen in Zhuhai 2012, so this is official information.
x6Lrrde.jpg

Dassault Rafale specs.
  • Crew: 1–2
  • Length: 15.27 m (50.1 ft)
  • Wingspan: 10.80 m (35.4 ft)
  • Height: 5.34 m (17.5 ft)
  • Wing area: 45.7 m² (492 ft²)
  • Empty weight:
    • C: 9,500 kilograms (20,900 lb)
    • B: 9,770 kilograms (21,540 lb)
    • M: 10,196 kilograms (22,480 lb[188])