What's new

Italy to send marines back to India

While residing in the Embassy, they can refuse SC summons. Although, I don't think they will, just for the sake of diplomacy.

Do you really think after calling them back from their safe homes in Italy, we will not be able to pull them out of their embassy in India?

They are coming to India to refuse summons? Please,be logical.They are not here for picnic,don't you think?

Once they move to court it's impossible to avert conviction.Judiciary and media,fortunately still working fine in this country.

I didn't say they will; I said they can (purely from a legal perspective).

I agree that they will honor the summons, but the whole script has been worked out behind the scenes. Neither country can afford the public backlash if they are perceived to lose face.

I was saying all the time that India will have to act tough or else Sonia will be blamed for saving the marines.

One thing that got hidden behind this storm is the involvement in Congress leadership in the recent helicopter scam!! One wonders if this whole thing of first sending them to Italy and then importing them back was a ploy to save some of the Congress leaders honest reputation!!!!

Yes. This is a face saving compromise for both countries.India can claim that they returned to India.Italy can claim that they remain in Italian territory, under Italian jurisdiction.
Back room deals will make sure the process ends smoothly.
Face saving is a harsh word. I would rather say it as middle path to save Diplomatic relations between two countries.

No need to ruin two nations' relations over a single incident. It will set bad example then.

One thing that got hidden behind this storm is the involvement in Congress leadership in the helicopter scam!! One wonders if this whole thing of first sending them to Italy and then importing them back was a ploy to save some of the Congress leaders honest reputation!!!!

Well, we will never get to know all those details....could be a plan too!

Face saving is a harsh word. I would rather say it as middle path to save Diplomatic relations between two countries.

No need to ruin two nations' relations over a single incident. It will set bad example then.

Agreed.

Historically, India and Italy have been on friendly terms, one incident should not be allowed to spoil those relations.

Yaap.But after their conviction they will stay in Tihar Jail,on Indian territory.

Actually, they will be in India only for the trial. They will serve their sentences in Italy. This was the deal even before they went back to Italy to "vote". It's not that the Govt of India is looking particularly good in all this.

One wonders if this whole thing of first sending them to Italy and then importing them back was a ploy to save some of the Congress leaders honest reputation!!!!

And you guys accuse us of conspiracy theories...

The funny part in the whole event was Sonia's warning to Italy.. lol, she got scarred that this $hit could come her way and hit her on her face!!

And you guys accuse us of conspiracy theories...

Now where do you see conspiracy in that? There is a helicopter scam, their is involvement of Congress in the scam and now no one is talking about it.. it's not like I am blaming all the intelligence agencies of world for problems at our home!!

Actually, they will be in India only for the trial. They will serve their sentences in Italy. This was the deal even before they went back to Italy to "vote". It's not that the Govt of India is looking particularly good in all this.

Didn't know that.There is possibility of getting out of jail in Italy,isn't?

Yes. This is a face saving compromise for both countries.

India can claim that they returned to India.
Italy can claim that they remain in Italian territory, under Italian jurisdiction.

Back room deals will make sure the process ends smoothly.

You mean to say blood money?? like happened in Raymond Davis??

Until 21st march some members here:
a) NATO will nuke India.....
B) Marines will not return to India
c) Italy is European power biggest economy, 7th largest military exporter.
D) India will face sanctions blah blah

and 22nd march:

1) Paid bribe....
2) They will stay in Embassy which means Italy territory
3) Background agreements
4) Sentence already declared
5) After verdict they go back to Italy jail blah blah

for all those, i will say combined lol...... who cares what do you think...... Even they stay in Italy embassy there is no way they can escape back to Italy.... They have to report SC......

Those who ever again raise idiotic self masturbating from now onwards.... that means they are declaring them self into TROLLS ....

Until 21st march some members here:
a) NATO will nuke India.....
B) Marines will not return to India
c) Italy is European power biggest economy, 7th largest military exporter.
D) India will face sanctions blah blah

and 22nd march:

1) Paid bribe....
2) They will stay in Embassy which means Italy territory
3) Background agreements
4) Sentence already declared
5) After verdict they go back to Italy jail blah blah

for all those, i will say combined lol...... who cares what do you think...... Even they stay in Italy embassy there is no way they can escape back to Italy.... They have to report SC......

Those who ever again raise idiotic self masturbating from now onwards.... that means they are declaring them self into TROLLS ....

whats the punishment for murder in italy??because that would be the most probable punishment awarded to them

Another LOLLL at the ******* trollers who are still going at it calling it a face saver,

The SC, GOVT stood adamant, Italy buckled - and asked for assurances on death sentence and soveriegn rights which was anyway there.

They are asking that they shouldn't be given death sentences - does that sound like a face saver??

these jokers are hilarious.

Back
Top Bottom