What's new

It would help if the forum allows discussion

Fair point, but what if the management are absolutely convinced that what they have chosen is the correctly mandated path for the forum? Any complaints would then fall under the category of malcontention rather than feedback. Hence, what cannot be cured ......

They may be absolutely convinced. Should those who know them to be wrong then refrain from action? Sit around solemnly to watch the decline and fall? That might well be the wise course of action, but then, what is life on such terms of surrender? Is it worth living at all? Especially an Internet life, a wholly artificial form of life, or even a parallel of life?

Perhaps all of us contains a Saul within us, and perhaps the road to Damascus is still ahead, and still there to be trodden.

They may be absolutely convinced. Should those who know them to be wrong then refrain from action? Sit around solemnly to watch the decline and fall? That might well be the wise course of action, but then, what is life on such terms of surrender? Is it worth living at all? Especially an Internet life, a wholly artificial form of life, or even a parallel of life?

Perhaps all of us contains a Saul within us, and perhaps the road to Damascus is still ahead, and still there to be trodden.

Wise words, to be sure, but surrender would apply only if there is a adversarial relationship in the picture.

Acceptance
is a much better word, considering that the same team that rose to leadership here was responsible for getting PDF banned on Twitter by virtue of the utterly vile hatred displayed, and then proceeded to make another page in violation of Twitter rules to be set up for more sanctions later on when caught, is the same team that has still not learned the errors of its ways, deeming them to be correct and proper, for the forum here. Ensure that promotion through the ranks is contingent upon being fully on board with such views and the management style is predictably self-perpetuating.

Mind you, this is not a bad thing per se. I, for one, will continue to respect the right of management to run their forum as they see fit.

(Given that we all want to end up in Damascus, it may be quicker (and wiser) to take another road to the city. :D )

Wise words, to be sure, but surrender would apply only if there is a adversarial relationship in the picture.

Acceptance
is a much better word, considering that the same team that rose to leadership here was responsible for getting PDF banned on Twitter by virtue of the utterly vile hatred displayed, and then proceeded to make another page in violation of Twitter rules to be set up for more sanctions later on when caught, is the same team that has still not learned the errors of its ways, deeming them to be correct and proper, for the forum here. Ensure that promotion through the ranks is contingent upon being fully on board with such views and the management style is predictably self-perpetuating.

Mind you, this is not a bad thing per se. I, for one, will continue to respect the right of management to run their forum as they see fit.

(Given that we all want to end up in Damascus, it may be quicker (and wiser) to take another road to the city. :D )

Ah, there it is: promotion through the ranks. Not an issue, not one of the desiderata.

Ah, there it is: promotion through the ranks. Not an issue, not one of the desiderata.

Only suitably indoctrinated individuals are allowed to rise, a trait common to many organizations, not just PDF. Nothing wrong with it! :D

(And yet still important, for it perpetuates what you are striving to change.)

If the Moderators keep deleting threads and banning users, the scope for any discussion would die.
Then your free to go to bharatdikshit forum to check the level of quality.

With 1.6bn people suffering from inferiority complex, its not easy to maintain the quality of forum when they troll around and bring the quality of discussion like that of bharatdikshit forum

But there are other indicators, and it is those that bother me, and convince me that there is a change of gear. People have quoted names; I have no problems with the bulk of them. I have a major problem with what is clearly a policy made elsewhere and executed here.

Joe , you are reasonable person you do under stand that we can't just say or claim that people will be same or behave the way they used to , I troll sometimes and yet sober in other times , I also sometimes get frustrated with posts which are so insulting and repeating same old Topics . but TBH i log in here everyday to read posts from members like Oscar , Joe , Gambit , Jhungry , Niaz, Jango , Horus , Sigligan , Ulla , Vostok , Cabatli , Deino they are all very well informed posters and also know how to tackle trolls and put them to their places .

Joe , you are reasonable person you do under stand that we can't just say or claim that people will be same or behave the way they used to , I troll sometimes and yet sober in other times , I also sometimes get frustrated with posts which are so insulting and repeating same old Topics . but TBH i log in here everyday to read posts from members like Oscar , Joe , Gambit , Jhungry , Niaz, Jango , Horus , Sigligan , Ulla , Vostok , Cabatli , Deino they are all very well informed posters and also know how to tackle trolls and put them to their places .

Leaving aside all other issues, I am struck by the large overlap between your 'preferred' list, and mine. Amazing. I don't think much of the bloke second in your list, but apart from that, rather agree with it.

By definition of the administrators, there are no good Indian members. You cannot expect both sides to be present when there is such a jaundiced and vindictive treatment of Indian members by individual administrators.

Hogwash, crappy members get crappy treatment, good members get good treatment.

Anyway, if there's such a problem, can't you just not display your flags?

Only suitably indoctrinated individuals are allowed to rise, a trait common to many organizations, not just PDF. Nothing wrong with it! :D

(And yet still important, for it perpetuates what you are striving to change.)

Saucy

Hogwash, crappy members get crappy treatment, good members get good treatment.

Anyway, if there's such a problem, can't you just not display your flags?

No, that would be a cop-out. I can't change, not now, not after a long life, and a full career of saying things I ought not to have said, and paying the price for it. Some day, off line....:D

Last edited:
@WebMaster

Sir,

Why is my message under moderation?

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/cpec...with-central-asia.544952/page-4#post-10266079

upload_2018-2-18_19-19-21.png

upload_2018-2-18_19-19-55.png

Back
Top Bottom