What's new

Istanbul Tehran Islamabad Passenger Train On Cards.

Kompromat

ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Passenger train between Islamabad-Istanbul via Tehran on cards

Pakistan Times Federal Bureau

Tuesday, December 04, 2012
Zil-Hajj 09, 1432 AH

11164.jpg

ISLAMABAD: The governments of Pakistan, Iran and Turkey would consider running of a passenger train service between their capitals once the ECO container train which was operated on test ground becomes fully operational.

The first demonstration container train was started from Islamabad via Tehran to Istanbul on 14-08-2009 which successfully reached destination on 28-08-2009.

Railways Minister Ghulam Ahmed Bilour said that proposed container train from Islamabad to Istanbul via Tehran was a beginning to operate a fully passenger Train services to enabling Pakistan to join the international club of Railways.

The Project of ECO Container Train on Islamabad-Tehran-Istanbul Route will not only open a new era of socio-economic development and prosperity in the region but also bring the people closer to each other, he said.An official Railway ministry said matters pertaining to customs and technical issues had also been finalised by the three countries. He said the train being run under ECO, would comprise 20 containers (coaches) of 20 feet each which would take 15 days to reach its destination.

However, there is need of upgrading Quetta-Taftan segment of the railway track to facilitate passenger traffic on the route, according to official data available.
The passenger train would be an extension of the existing passengers train services between Tehran and Istanbul. It may be recalled that the trilateral ministerial meeting between the three countries on ECO container Train was held in Tehran on March 1, 2009.The meeting discussed some of the key projects for improving the capacity and speed of transit traffic in the region.

Passenger train between Islamabad-Istanbul via Tehran on cards

Is ECO finally coming back to life ?

It, means i can jump on a train in the future to go to Istanbul to eat Beklava, after sipping Qehwa in Tehran, doesn't sound bad at all ;)

the greedy baloch sardars will make an issue of that too and ask for royalty.....

and then run away in the mountains :lol:

Why not bullet train? Lets see what concrete steps they take after the long slumber!

This will be fantastic idea to be able to travel from Karachi to Tehran to Istanbul. Can Turkish govt get off from Saudi/Qatari/NATO spell? Can next pakistani govt can shrug off US pressure? I am sure China would love the idea of train line eventually extends to Chinese border.

It will be a miracle, if we can only fly to Tehran out of any where in Pakistan.

This will be fantastic idea to be able to travel from Karachi to Tehran to Istanbul. Can Turkish govt get off from Saudi/Qatari/NATO spell? Can next pakistani govt can shrug off US pressure? I am sure China would love the idea of train line eventually extends to Chinese border.

Of course, we will be delight to join the group, as I said many time extend a silk road is only good for traide and prosperity

But why take a 18+ hours train ride when you can get there in 4+ hours by planes? Cargo trains can work though (if not blow to bits by taliban in the way)

Mind your own business. Starting to realise many Bangladesh is are Iranian fans no wonder both backstabbers.

But why take a 18+ hours train ride when you can get there in 4+ hours by planes? Cargo trains can work though (if not blow to bits by taliban in the way)

well the train journey is cheaper, also connecting tehran and istanbul by train means, more inflow of tourists from EU to pakistan

Tourists....

The sights and views could be seen better on a train over an airplane. Personally, i like adventures. :hang2:

I guess uptill now its only an understanding. If this would actually happen, i reckon not before 10-15 years

@CB4, how are the studies going mate? Better get back to your books! :shout:

Tourists....

The sights and views could be seen better on a train over an airplane. Personally, i like adventures. :hang2:

I guess uptill now its only an understanding. If this would actually happen, i reckon not before 10-15 years

Mind your own business. Starting to realise many Bangladesh is are Iranian fans no wonder both backstabbers.

Going by acts of current Turkish regime and support for them, there will be hardly any use case to build such train line. That is why I have posed that question and not to my surprise it took few minutes to get an answer; how (at least) some Turkish are thinking.

Going by acts of current Turkish regime and support for them, there will be hardly any use case to build such train line. That is why I have posed that question and not to my surprise it took few minutes to get an answer; how (at least) some Turkish are thinking.

I don't support current government and they are supporting this train line this has nothing to do with political its a civilian line to help transport etc so don't know what your talking about. Iran can help you when your country floods. One day you will see true faces but it will be too late. Then you'll be running saying you was right I was wrong.

Back
Top Bottom