What's new

ISRO PSLV-C41/IRNSS-1I Mission: April 12, 2018

Department of Space
12-April, 2018 11:05 IST
PSLV-C41 successfully launches IRNSS-1I navigation satellite

In its forty third flight, ISRO’s Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle PSLV-C41 successfully launched the 1,425 kg IRNSS-1I Navigation Satellite today from Satish Dhawan Space Centre SHAR, Sriharikota.

PSLV-C41 lifted off at 0404 hrs (4:04 am) IST, as planned, from the First Launch Pad. After a flight lasting about 19 minutes, the vehicle achieved a Sub-Geosynchronous Transfer Orbit with a perigee (nearest point to earth) of 281.5 km and an apogee (farthest point to earth) of 20,730 km inclined at an angle of 19.2 degree to the equator following which IRNSS-1I separated from PSLV.

After separation, the solar panels of IRNSS-1I were deployed automatically. ISRO's Master Control Facility (MCF) at Hassan, Karnataka took over the control of the satellite. In the coming days, orbit manoeuvres will be performed from MCF to position the satellite at 55 deg East longitude in the planned Geosynchronous Orbit with an inclination of 29 deg to the equator.

IRNSS-1I is the latest member of the ‘Navigation with Indian Constellation (NavIC)’ system. NavIC, also known as Indian Regional Navigation Satellite System (IRNSS), is an independent regional navigation satellite system designed to provide position information in the Indian region and 1,500 km around the Indian mainland.

A number of ground facilities responsible for IRNSS satellite ranging and monitoring, generation and transmission of navigation parameters, satellite control, network timing, etc., have been established in many locations across the country as part of NavIC.

Till now, PSLV has successfully launched 52 Indian satellites and 237 customer satellites from abroad.

Prime Minister's Office
12-April, 2018 10:36 IST
PM congratulates ISRO scientists on the successful launch of IRNSS-1I

Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has congratulated the scientists of ISRO on the successful launch of the navigation satellite IRNSS-1I .

"Congratulations to our scientists on the successful launch of navigation satellite IRNSS-1I by PSLV. This success will bring benefits of our space programme to the common man. Proud of team ISRO!", the Prime Minister said.

http://www.thehindu.com/sci-tech/sc...ation-fleet/article23508603.ece?homepage=true

Although 1I is the ninth to be launched in the NavIC navigation fleet, it counts as the eighth.

Navigation satellite IRNSS-1I was launched early morning on Thursday from Sriharikota.

Eighth in the series, the 1425- kg satellite completes the first phase of the Indian regional navigation constellation, K. Sivan, Chairman of Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO), said after a precise flight that put in a precise, intended initial orbit.

The navigation satellites, dubbed India's own GPS, are meant for giving precise information of position, navigation and time of objects or people. They were built by a consortium of six Indian companies led by Alpha Design Technologies Ltd., Bengaluru.

They have a civilian and a restricted military/security application.

Built for a ten-year job in space, 1I is expected to be ready for work in about a month after routine orbit manoeuvres and tests.

Now orbiting in a temporary sub-geosynchronous oval path about 281.5 km x 20,730 km from Earth and inclined 19.2 degrees to the Equator, it will be gradually pushed in the coming days into a geosynchronous circular orbit 36,000 km away, at an inclination of 29° over 55° East longitude, ISRO said.

It was put to orbit on the PSLV-C41 rocket from the Satish Dhawan Space Centre in coastal Andhra Pradesh at 4.04 a.m.

Although 1I is the ninth to be launched in the NavIC navigation fleet, it counts as the eighth as the previous one, 1H, was lost in a faulty launch last August.

They were planned as backups but became necessary after the three imported rubidium atomic clocks on 1A failed while in orbit.

Both 1I and 1H extensively involved a consortium of six Indian industries in the assembly, integration and testing of satellites at Bengaluru — an exercise that ISRO will replicate in coming missions, Dr. Sivan said.

"The NavIC constellation is going to create history and make innovative applications to the entire community in ocean-based services, especially for the underserved and unserved,” Dr.Sivan said in his post-launch address.

“Very recently we created a NavIC-based application that will be released soon. I request industry and institutions to take these applications to the user community.”

In a hint about the loss of the newest GSAT-6A communication satellite in March, he said, ISRO engineers had braved setbacks and would continue to rise to new challenges.

ISRO teams returned to launch activities from home ground in record 14 days after sending up a communication satellite GSAT-6A on March 29. However the two missions used different launch pads.

Apr 12, 2018
The first orbit raising operation of IRNSS-1I is planned to be carried out at 4:15 hr IST on April 13, 2018. The targeted perigee height is 322 km and apogee height is 35887 km

Apr 13, 2018
The first orbit raising operation of IRNSS-1I is successfully carried out at 4:19 hr IST on April 13, 2018
The achieved perigee height is 315 km and apogee height is 35809 km.
The second orbit raising operation of IRNSS-1I is planned to be carried out around 20:00 hr IST on April 13, 2018. The targeted perigee height is 8536 km and apogee height is 35793 km.

Apr 14, 2018
The second orbit raising operation of IRNSS-1I Satellite has been successfully carried out at 20:04 hr IST on April 13, 2018. The achieved perigee height is 8683 km and apogee height is 35733 km.
The third orbit raising operation of IRNSS-1I is planned to be carried out at around 22:45 hr IST on April 14, 2018. The targeted perigee height is 31,540 km and apogee height is 35,797 km.

Apr 15, 2018
The third orbit raising operation of IRNSS-1I is successfully carried out at 22:50 hr IST on April 14, 2018. The achieved perigee height is 31,426 km and apogee height is 35,739 km
The fourth and the final orbit raising operation of IRNSS-1I is planned to be carried out at around 21:20 hr IST on April 15, 2018. The targeted perigee height is 35,381 km and apogee height is 35,793 km.

Apr 15, 2018
The fourth and the final orbit raising operation of IRNSS-1I is successfully carried out at 21:05 hr IST on April 15, 2018. The achieved perigee height is 35,462.9 km and apogee height is 35,737.8 km

Its funny that no Pakistani folks ever comment on threads like these... while the Heron thread blows up in a matyer of minutes... insecurities!

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom