What's new

Israeli special forces invade Gaza, 6 Palestinians and 1 Israeli soldier killed

Falcon29

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
Developing situation ....

Israel destroys ceasefire talks. Literally today Netanyahu stated he wants to avoid an war in Gaza and that there are Qatari-Egyptian mediation to bring about truce.

Israel special forces entered Gaza in a civilian car dressed as women and assassinated an Hamas military wing field commander. Which then led to clashes with other military forces on ground. Israeli air strikes killed 5 more Palestinians.

Al Jazeera says one Israeli soldier was killed.

Last edited:
Israel kills five Palestinians, including Hamas commander, in Gaza raid: Reports

#Occupation

After clash erupted, sirens were reported in southern Israel, indicating possible rocket fire from Gaza Strip

Israeli forces killed a commander in Hamas' military wing in the southern Gaza Strip, Palestinian officials in the Strip said on Sunday, according to Haaretz. Five people were killed, according to the Gaza Health ministry, and seven wounded.

"During operational activity in the Gaza Strip, an exchange of fire evolved. More details to follow," an Israeli army statement said.

Palestinian security sources said the clash occurred east of Khan Younis. Local reports in Gaza said Israeli planes fired at the open area near the incident.

Gaza health ministry spokesman Ashraf al-Qudra said that six Palestinians were killed.

After the clash erupted, sirens were reported in southern Israel, indicating possible rocket fire from the Gaza Strip, AFP said.

Israeli military spokesman Jonathan Conricus said all Israeli soldiers involved had returned to Israel.

"IDF operated in the Gaza Strip, exchange of gunfire ensued," he wrote on Twitter, referring to the Israel Defence Forces. "All IDF soldiers back in Israel. Several alarms have sounded in southern Israel."

A Hamas spokesman denounced a "cowardly Israeli attack."

Hamas’s military wing also issued a statement: “This is evening special forces belonging to the zionist enemy infiltrated in a civilian car in the area of the Martyr Ismail Abu Shanab mosque, 3km east of Khan Younis. This special force assassinated the Qassam commander Nour Baraka.”

Gaza's health ministry reported the slain Palestinians wew: Hamas commander Nour al-Din Muhammad Salama Baraka, 37; Mohammed Majid Mousa Al-Qara, 23; Alaa al-Din Muhammad Qwaider, 22; Mustafa Hassan Mohammed Abu Odeh, 21, and Mahmoud Attallah Musabeh 25.

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, who is visiting in Paris, is receiving live updates and holding consultations on the topic Haaretz said.

Israeli Defence Minister Avigdor Lieberman was holding consultations at Israel's military headquarters, his office said in a statement cited by Reuters.

https://www.middleeasteye.net/news/...-hamas-commander-gaza-raid-reports-1490340251

40+ Israeli air strikes followed up the ground invasion and unprovoked extra-judicial assassination.

Regev/Lieberman in charge whilst Bibi's abroad, maybe they planned it like this.

I just heard of this, its been really calm lately. Israel, Qatar and Egypt must explain what is going on. Yesterday Qatar and Egypt told Hamas first stages of truce deal will be implemented. And now there is an assassination by invading Gaza with a civilian car. Which Hamas forces eventually caught to and might have killed a soldier.

This is a declaration of war and Egypt and Muslim world must explain their position. This is yet another time they destroy a truce. I will update this just working to gather information from Palestinian sources on what happened.

I just heard of this, its been really calm lately. Israel, Qatar and Egypt must explain what is going on. Yesterday Qatar and Egypt told Hamas first stages of truce deal will be implemented. And now there is an assassination by invading Gaza with a civilian car. Which Hamas forces eventually caught to and might have killed a soldier.

This is a declaration of war and Egypt and Muslim world must explain their position. This is yet another time they destroy a truce. I will update this just working to gather information from Palestinian sources on what happened.
Yep, just another occasion of Israel destroying any chance of peace with huge unprovoked invasions and bombings.

I just heard of this, its been really calm lately. Israel, Qatar and Egypt must explain what is going on.

We've explained it to you a dozen times on here but you're a bit brain dead.

Your Hamas boys are Iranian agents and do Iran's bidding. Any time there's any movement towards any sort of deal, Iran makes a phone call and conflict starts again.

Exact same thing happened after Bibi's Oman visit. Your Hamas and Islamic Jihad boys fired 40 rockets into Israel. That was also an Iran initiative.

Israel’s Iron Dome intercepts two missiles launched from Gaza Strip - Israeli army

November 12, 1:31 (UTC+3)

Two missile launches on Israel out of the Gaza Strip were detected as of 23:07, Sunday.

TEL AVIV, November 12. /TASS/.

Israel’s Iron Dome air defense system has intercepted two missiles launched from the Gaza Strip, the press service of the Israel Defense Forces reported.

"Two missile launches on Israel out of the Gaza Strip were detected as of 23:07 Sunday (00:07 Moscow time Monday), both missiles were intercepted by the Iron Dome air defense system," the military said in the statement.

http://tass.com/world/1030333

Israeli media reporting Israeli special forces entered Gaza in an operation to kidnap or kill a Hamas military wing field commander. Which led to a gunfight inside Gaza, killing one soldier according to Al Jazeera. After which air strikes killed 5 Palestinians.

This is a major escalation and declaration of war.

Yep, just another occasion of Israel destroying any chance of peace with huge unprovoked invasions and bombings.

Yep, two days ago they sent in Egyptian/Qatari envoys to tell Hamas there is progress on the truce and humanitarian projects will be approved in the strip. Then this happens.

We've explained it to you a dozen times on here but you're a bit brain dead.

Your Hamas boys are Iranian agents and do Iran's bidding. Any time there's any movement towards any sort of deal, Iran makes a phone call and conflict starts again.

Exact same thing happened after Bibi's Oman visit. Your Hamas and Islamic Jihad boys fired 40 rockets into Israel. That was also an Iran initiative.

You are bragging on other forums that this was a successful assassination attempt and you come here pretend like someone other than Israel began this conflagration. Stop being so goofy. All Israeli media is reporting it was an Israeli operation/raid.

You are bragging on other forums that this was a successful assassination attempt and you come here pretend like someone other than Israel began this conflagration. Stop being so goofy. All Israeli media is reporting it was an Israeli operation/raid.

Umm, I've only posted about it here.

Even if it appears that Israel decided to take him out, it will be because he was planning something. Israel didn't decide to wake up today and pick a palestinian to assassinate out of a hat.

He was behind the terrorist tunnel digging and he probably got some order from Iran to launch an attack.

I know you're a massive Iran fanboy, but Iran were definitely behind the post-Oman visit attack because they don't want the Gulf states doing business with Israel. This latest event comes after the Qatar money and invitation to Bahrain.

Try and connect the dots.

Breaking: Israeli forces still attacking, more clashes heard now in Khan Yunis

Oh yeah, a high ranking Hamas terrorist just happened to be in the area and opened fire on Israeli soldiers :undecided:

I know you're in denial but reality of situation is clear to everyone. An civilian car drove into Gaza with Israeli special forces in it trying to assassinate someone else inside Gaza. They got caught in process by forces at outskirts in Gaza and got shot at. One Israeli soldier appears to be killed during the clash and Israel air force bombed the area and evacuated the rest of them.

Go watch an Israeli news stream on FB, and it's very clear what they believe occurred.

In my understanding the biggest threat to Israel is Netanyahu because his continuous actions will provoke a war which will become costly for Israel.

Aoa

Iran doing its thing.

Qatar sends $15m to Gaza, Iran activates its terrorists to scupper Egyptian efforts for deals.

Yup. Iran called the Israelis to enter Gaza and assassinate someone. As if that will have no impact on the cease fire talks.

For a few days I actually thought the Israelis had realised the world is changing and the US is loosing power so they must get the best deal they can, given the supremacy they enjoy may not last forever.

Turns out they actually believe that the situation is a result of their inherent superiority and that their advantage will last forever.

Just remember these routine trimmings are going to bring yet more bad press around the world. The crying mothers, the dead/injured kids. The Israeli citizens sitting on hills and cheering on as bombs fall on Palestinians.

I wonder what will all of these images being sent out year after year, decade after decade, lead to. When the US isn't as influencial and /or decides to focus inwards. How will the demographic and geographical realities and resource disparities between the Israelis and the Muslim world around play out then.

Breaking: Gaza Health Ministry says seventh Palestinian found killed, following search for bodies in rubble
Aoa

Yup. Iran called the Israelis to enter Gaza and assassinate someone. As if that will have no impact on the cease fire talks.

For a few days I actually thought the Israelis had realised the world is changing and the US is loosing power so they must get the best deal they can, given the supremacy they enjoy may not last forever.

Turns out they actually believe that the situation is a result of their inherent superiority and that their advantage will last forever.

Just remember these routine trimmings are going to bring yet more bad press around the world. The crying mothers, the dead/injured kids. The Israeli citizens sitting on hills and cheering on as bombs fall on Palestinians.

I wonder what will all of these images being sent out year after year, decade after decade, lead to. When the US isn't as influencial and /or decides to focus inwards. How will the demographic and geographical realities and resource disparities between the Israelis and the Muslim world around play out then.

Thanks brother, everyone ignore and keep reporting that guys posts. He's derailing every thread about Palestine.

Honest to God I was surprised about this. Since measures were taken to implement 2014 truce understandings. Just of recent. I thought we were all heading towards a long term ceasefire that will give peace to both people.

Back
Top Bottom