Israel Gives Green Light to F-15I Upgrade

Zarvan

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Israel_F15_Fighter.jpg

An Israeli Air Force F-15 'Baz' Strike Eagle Jet

Israel will embark on a “deep” upgrade of its Boeing F-15I Ra’am fleet as it looks to maintain the type as the backbone of its air force’s strike capability, despite the parallel acquisition of the Lockheed Martin F-35.

The enhancement has been mooted for some time, but Tel Aviv has recently given the green light to the program. Modifications will include structural changes, the addition of an active electronically-scanned array (AESA) radar, updated avionics and new, unspecified weapon systems.

A selection process for the radar is ongoing, with a decision due mid-year. It is thought Israel favours the Raytheon APG-82(V)1 radar selected by the US Air Force for its F-15Es.

Lt Col Yiftach, head of the Israeli air force’s aircraft branch, told the service’s website, although some missions will eventually pass to the F-35, the Boeing type will remain a “strategic aircraft”.

"When we want to reach far distances with few aircraft and many arms – the F-15I wins,” he says, noting its “great carrying abilities”.

Yiftach says: "There is a reason it hasn't stopped flying and conducting missions after 18 years. As an aircraft that only operates with one squadron, it has every extreme ability we would want our aircraft to have.”

It will also take time to integrate weapons onto the F-35, says Yiftach.

Israel gives green light to F-15I upgrade

After this Upgrade................. Israeli F15s will become equivalent to 4++G aircrafts..................

Israel_F15_Fighter.jpg

An Israeli Air Force F-15 'Baz' Strike Eagle Jet

Israel will embark on a “deep” upgrade of its Boeing F-15I Ra’am fleet as it looks to maintain the type as the backbone of its air force’s strike capability, despite the parallel acquisition of the Lockheed Martin F-35.

The enhancement has been mooted for some time, but Tel Aviv has recently given the green light to the program. Modifications will include structural changes, the addition of an active electronically-scanned array (AESA) radar, updated avionics and new, unspecified weapon systems.

A selection process for the radar is ongoing, with a decision due mid-year. It is thought Israel favours the Raytheon APG-82(V)1 radar selected by the US Air Force for its F-15Es.

Lt Col Yiftach, head of the Israeli air force’s aircraft branch, told the service’s website, although some missions will eventually pass to the F-35, the Boeing type will remain a “strategic aircraft”.

"When we want to reach far distances with few aircraft and many arms – the F-15I wins,” he says, noting its “great carrying abilities”.

Yiftach says: "There is a reason it hasn't stopped flying and conducting missions after 18 years. As an aircraft that only operates with one squadron, it has every extreme ability we would want our aircraft to have.”

It will also take time to integrate weapons onto the F-35, says Yiftach.

Israel gives green light to F-15I upgrade
Nice development :-)
Hopefuly some F15 SE in the near future, ofcourse with Israeli modifications

The Israeli air force (IAF) is continuing with the upgrade of its Boeing F-15I Ra’am, and has selected the Raytheon APG-82(V)1 radar to provide a new active electronically scanned array (AESA) capability.

The upgrade has been on the table for some time, and includes structural work and installation of new systems including the new radar.

The APG-82(V)1 AESA radar is the same one that was installed on the US Air Force’s F-15Es, and was introduced on the type to replace the ageing APG-70 system.

getasset.aspx

Israeli air force

The IAF considers its F-15 fleet as the backbone of its current attacking capability until the Lockheed Martin F-35 enters service, and it is considering buying more F-15s.

Boeing’s F-15 production line will remain open until at least until 2020 as a result of a recent contract with Qatar, so a potential contract from Tel Aviv could be supported.

If the IAF decides to buy additional F-15s, this could be made possible under the allocation of recently approved funding granted by Washington. The new 10-year, $38 billion military aid package will come into effect from 2019.

https://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/israel-selects-raytheon-radar-for-f-15i-fleet-432590/

@Penguin @500 @Natan @Archdemon @GBU-28 @F-15I @mike2000 is back @Blue Marlin @Mountain Jew @Beny Karachun @Adir-M @F-22Raptor @C130 @Ilay

I love the big bad beast F15 FIGHTERS absolute stunning fighter

Its amazing how Israel gets the American tax payer to finance their military dominance of the middle east.

Hierarchy of power in USA

TOP HALF
Top 1% Prefer to stay behind the scenes
Top 5% (Annonymous location , property , funds)
Federal Reserve
Corporations (Funds spread world wide)
IRS / Law firms
Stake in Media - Movies - Communication Sector - Social Networs - Tracking
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BOTTOM HALF
President --------------Surveilance by Third party Lobby reports to Top Half
White House --------------Surveilance by Third party Lobby reports to Top Half
Senate [Get financing from Top Half]
Political parties [Get financing from Top Half]
Banks
Military
Police
People

• Directive to Arm Israel come from Top Half
  • Senate and President work in tandom to make it happen to please their lords Top Half

Weapons Available to Top Half:
  • Sudden pull of $$ from economy
  • Campaign power against unfavorable president or policy
  • Threats of debt payment , and default by government
  • Ability to Expose weakness in person /secrets in public

Last edited:
after upgrading which verson is more capable betwen saudi f-15 vs israily f-15? :raise:

Hierarchy of power in USA

TOP HALF
Top 1% Prefer to stay behind the scenes
Top 5% (Annonymous location , property , funds)
Federal Reserve
Corporations (Funds spread world wide)
IRS / Law firms
Stake in Media - Movies - Communication Sector - Social Networs - Tracking
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BOTTOM HALF
President --------------Surveilance by Third party Lobby reports to Top Half
White House --------------Surveilance by Third party Lobby reports to Top Half
Senate [Get financing from Top Half]
Political parties [Get financing from Top Half]
Banks
Military
Police
People

• Directive to Arm Israel come from Top Half
  • Senate and President work in tandom to make it happen to please their lords Top Half

Weapons Available to Top Half:
  • Sudden pull of $$ from economy
  • Campaign power against unfavorable president or policy
  • Threats of debt payment , and default by government
  • Ability to Expose weakness in person /secrets in public
The most important victim of the pro-Israeli top-half is Benjamin Nethanyahu.
He argued and argued against the Iran nuclear deal,
but when the pro-Israeli top half has decided what is best for Israel,
he can do nothing...

Back
Top Bottom