What's new

Israel calls Indian forces unprofessional

Nobody could have predicted such multiple attacks with such intensity. And no matter how much your special forces are trained in simulated operations, the real thing always come with more surprises, confusions and intensity…

While watching the whole thing unfolded on TV, it was my own assumption (and the gang around me) that casualties will atleast touch a four figure mark. But a figure of 190 (around) speaks itself that the special forces were not only successful in neutralising the terrorists but also achieved it with minimum amount of casualties…I thinks this speaks very high of their effort and must be acknowledged…

Now once its all done and wrapped up, people will comeup with all their theories that if that could have been done or that’s how if it was done …There will be lots of usual Ifs and Buts and the standard whining…..You cant stop them so perhaps just ignore them…

Keeping in view the number of locations, number of terrorists and the number of casualties, I think that security forces did a great job…They might have erred somewhere but then who doesn’t in such situations….....While we put the dead to rest , we should perhaps keep our biases at rest as well for a while and must not forget to recognize the efforts put up by the special forces …:tup:

Do you know the meaning of special forces? They are trained to handle such 'unpredictable accidents'. Thats what their job is, thats why they are trained. Thats the purpose. If 1200 indian army men, and special force units couldnt neutralize 10-12 terrorists who captured 3 hotels with 1000+ rooms, i guess its a matter of utter shame and humiliation. If thats what special forces are, then its better not to spend million of rupess over their training at the expense of indian tax payer, who still are un-protected.

On the other hand, the indian navy also failed to protect the mumbai's coast, according to indian verison, terrorist travelled on a boat, while the navy/coast guards were asleep.

If you still think they did a great job after letting terrorists kill 200 people, then you are just making a joke with those innocent lives. You cant be more ignorant from the truth.

Do you know the meaning of special forces? They are trained to handle such 'unpredictable accidents'. Thats what their job is, thats why they are trained. Thats the purpose. If 1200 indian army men, and special force units couldnt neutralize 10-12 terrorists who captured 3 hotels with 1000+ rooms, i guess its a matter of utter shame and humiliation. If thats what special forces are, then its better not to spend million of rupess over their training at the expense of indian tax payer, who still are un-protected.

On the other hand, the indian navy also failed to protect the mumbai's coast, according to indian verison, terrorist travelled on a boat, while the navy/coast guards were asleep.

Well I have been there, done that, seen that (sort of!) , so I have an idea of the challenges that the Special Forces face ….In recent attacks, I admit that a lots of things must have gone wrong else where but that’s not what I want to press on here…:disagree:

The good thing is that loads of lives have been saved here as well that could have been lost in an attack like this…I also happened to speak to few of Pak Army friends, and they too have good words to say about the actual operation and their modus operandi…..As for the wrong do’s, tell me one anti-terrorist ops anywhere that has gone as planned without any screwups?

If you still think they did a great job after letting terrorists kill 200 people, then you are just making a joke with those innocent lives. You cant be more ignorant from the truth.

In no way I have tried to demean the dead: please abstain from assumptions…..I am sad that many lives are lost here but I am glad that many other are saved too….

Consider it this way guys if some nutters in a cave could plot and attack the worlds only superpower (9/11) then an operation of this type cannot be discounted in any country.

Given the limits of any countries security apparatus someone will always slip the net.

Commandos killed Jews, says Israeli rescue group

NEW DELHI, Dec 2: A private rescue group from Israel has claimed that Indian commandos inadvertently killed some of the hostages in the terror attacks in Mumbai, and the claim has evidently embarrassed both governments, news reports said on Tuesday.

“Based on what I saw, (although) I can’t identify the type of bullets in the bodies (of the victims), I don’t think the terrorists killed all the hostages, to put it gently,” Mr Haim Weingarten, head of the six-member team of Zaka voluntary organisation dealing with rescue and recovery, told The Jerusalem Post.

Press Trust of India said from Jerusalem that the claim had embarrassed the Israeli government, which is worried about its fallout on ties with the Indian government.

According to PTI, Mr Weingarten told the Post from Mumbai that all the six Jewish and Israeli hostages found dead in the Chabad House were killed by either gunshot wounds or shrapnel from grenade blasts, or both, and that he didn’t know who threw or fired the grenades that wounded the hostages.

Although lacking forensic tools to determine the time of death, Mr Weingarten was quoted as saying that his team’s observations led him to believe that “some of the hostages were killed on Wednesday (when gunmen first entered the building), some on Thursday, and some on Friday morning (during the start of the commando raid)”.

Zaka officials believe that in a final act of love, the director of the Chabad House, Rabbi Gavriel Holtzberg, wrapped the body of his wife Rivka in a tallit (prayer shawl) before succumbing to his own wounds during the final hours of the siege, it said.

The volunteers on the scene found the bodies of Israeli grandmother Yocheved Orpaz (62) and Jewish Mexican national Norma Shvarzblat Rabinovich (50) bound to one another with a phone cord.

Meanwhile, the Indian foreign ministry held a briefing “to convey the deepest condolences of the Government of India to those countries whose nationals were killed in the terrorist attack in Mumbai.” Heads of mission from these countries were present in the briefing. “They were also informed of details of the terrorist attack and the investigation so far,” the ministry said.

Possibly following the briefing, the Israeli government slammed the Zaka group for alleging that Indian commandos might have inadvertently killed one or more Jewish hostages during the Nariman House operation, saying the “irresponsible” comments could cause considerable damage to bilateral ties.

“They are causing all kinds of problems,” a senior Israeli foreign ministry official said about the six-member team of the Zaka voluntary group that flew on Thursday “on its own volition” to Mumbai for a rescue operation after the deadly terror strikes.

“They are selling all kinds of stories to journalists looking for stories, and taking credit for things they didn’t do,” the official told The Jerusalem Post. It remains a mystery why India has allowed a clearly unauthorised group from Israel to carry out its self-styled rescue at the site of a mind-boggling crime. Usually such sensitive sites are sealed off to visitors till official investigations are underway.

What ever you all think and say. A helicopter should have not been used, it is way too noisy, and unprofesional also.

If Pakistan was in same situation, they probably would have done the same thing lol.

Both countries still need to learn a great deal abt how to place a surpirse attack, and not give themselves away.

Now if america was in this situation, and a few indians and pakistanis were held hostage, they would be like, umm we dnt give a ****, send in the drones and bomb the **** out of em.

Israel refutes Zaka's claims on Israeli death

The Israel government on Tuesday slammed an Israeli rescue group for alleging that Indian commandos may have inadvertently killed one or more Jewish hostages during the Nariman House operation, saying the "irresponsible"
comments could cause considerable damage to bilateral ties.

"They are causing all kinds of problems," a senior Foreign Ministry official said about the six-member team of the Zaka voluntary group that flew on Thursday on its own volition to Mumbai for a rescue operation after the deadly terror strikes.

"They are selling all kinds of stories to journalists looking for stories, and taking credit for things they didn't do," the official told The Jerusalem Post.

The head of the Zaka team, Haim Weingarten, had in a telephonic interview to the Post alleged yesterday that one or
more hostages at Nariman House may have been killed by the elite National Security Guard commandos.

"Based on what I saw, (although) I can't identify the type of bullets in the bodies (of the victims), I don't think the
terrorists killed all the hostages, to put it gently," he had said.

An official at the Ministry said these are "irresponsible comments" that can have serious repercussions. He said their
"meddling" can cause considerable damage to Indo-Israel ties.

"How can they say such a thing? Did they do an autopsy, do they know what type of bullet caused the wound? Do they have forensic or ballistic expertise? This is not the type of thing you can determine just by looking at a body," he asked.

Israel has been trying to soften criticisms by anti-terror experts in the media of the Indian handling of the hostage
crisis in Mumbai during which six Jewish people were killed.

Foreign Ministry spokesman Yossi Levy told PTI that the Indian commandos did the "utmost possible" and cooperation at the highest level existed between the two sides.

Prime Minister Ehud Olmert called upon his Indian counterpart Manmohan Singh and appreciated the "bold and daring" response of the Indian army in dealing with siege.

A Foreign Ministry official also denied that Zaka members were working with official Israeli representatives on the
ground. "It is not exactly clear what they are doing there."

He said Indian authorities removed the bodies from the home, and there was no need for Zaka to do what it often is
called upon to do after terrorist attacks in Israel--to collect body parts.

Zaka spokesman Motti Bukjin said the group had no intention of leveling criticism at the Indian government.

Bukjin said Zaka volunteers worked round-the-clock in Mumbai helping identify the bodies, deal with damaged Torah
scrolls in the Chabad House and remove some of the six bodies.

Once these bodies were removed, Zaka volunteers remained there round-the-clock so they were not mixed up with other bodies, and together with Foreign Ministry officialsworked to ensure that no autopsies were performed on them, he said.

Bukjin told the daily that his organisationwould sit down with Foreign Ministry officials at a later date to "draw
conclusions" from the events in Mumbai.

Source:Rediff

May be Britain should also do a strong background check of any terrorists there as there are reports of some of them coming from there and many of their supporters are surely based there who may one day become terrorists themselves.

India denies British terror link

A senior Indian official said today that there was no evidence yet of British Pakistanis being among the dozen militants who attacked multiple targets in Bombay this week, leaving at least 195 people dead.

Vilasrao Deshmukh, the Chief Minister of Maharashtra state, of which Bombay is the capital, was quoted yesterday as saying there were two "British-born Pakistanis" among the militants.

Today, however, he told a news conference: "There is no such authentic information, we totally deny this."

Mr Deshmukh also denied reports that British passports had been found on the bodies of any of the militants.

British officials told The Times that they had discussed the issue with Indian officials from the national and Maharashtra state governments, as well as with the Bombay police.

"As yet, we've not been given any evidence to corroborate the rumour that these terrorists were British," said a spokesman for the British High Commission in Delhi.
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle5256676.ece

It just shows how easy it is to brainwash simple people........repeat the story enough times and it must be true.

The "10 british terrorist passport holders" was and is nothing more then the figment of the indian imagination.

The british govt asked for proof......india gave non and then denied the story.

BRAINWASHED IN UNDER A WEEK BY THE INDIAN MEDIA

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom