What's new

ISIS Leader: ‘See You in New York’

SouthDesi

Reaction score
Country
India
The Islamist extremist some are now calling the most dangerous man in the world had a few parting words to his captors as he was released from the biggest U.S. detention camp in Iraq in 2009.

“He said, ‘I’ll see you guys in New York,’” recalls Army Col. Kenneth King, then the commanding officer of Camp Bucca.

King didn’t take these words from Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi as a threat. Al-Baghdadi knew that many of his captors were from New York, reservists with the 306 Military Police Battalion, a unit based on Long Island that includes numerous numerous members of the NYPD and the FDNY. The camp itself was named after FDNY Fire Marshal Ronald Bucca, who was killed at the World Trade Center in the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks.

King figured that al-Baghdadi was just saying that he had known all along that it was all essentially a joke, that he had only to wait and he would be freed to go back to what he had been doing.

“Like, ‘This is no big thing, I’ll see you on the block,’” King says.

King had not imagined that in less that five years he would be seeing news reports that al-Baghdadi was the leader of ISIS, the ultra-extremist army that was sweeping through Iraq toward Baghdad.

“I’m not surprised that it was someone who spent time in Bucca but I’m a little surprised it was him,” King says. “He was a bad dude, but he wasn’t the worst of the worst.”

King allows that along with being surprised he was frustrated on a very personal level.

“We spent how many missions and how many soldiers were put at risk when we caught this guy and we just released him,” King says.

During the four years that al-Baghdadi was in custody, there had been no way for the Americans to predict what a danger he would become. Al-Baghdadi hadn’t even been assigned to Compound 14, which was reserved for the most virulently extremist Sunnis.

“The worst of the worst were kept in one area,” King says. “I don’t recall him being in that group.”

Al-Baghdadi was also apparently not one of the extremists who presided over Sharia courts that sought to enforce fundamentalist Islamic law among their fellow prisoners. One extremist made himself known after the guards put TV sets outside the 16-foot chain-link fence that surrounded each compound. An American officer saw a big crowd form in front of one, but came back a short time later to see not a soul.

“Some guy came up and shooed them all away because TV was Western,” recalls the officer, who asked not to be named. “So we identified who that guy was, put a report in his file, kept him under observation for other behaviors.”

The officer says the guards kept constant watch for clues among the prisoners for coalescing groups and ascending leaders.

“You can tell when somebody is eliciting leadership skills, flag him, watch him further, how much leadership they’re excerpting and with whom,” the other officer says. “You have to constantly stay after it because it constantly changes, sometimes day by day.”

The guards would seek to disrupt the courts along with and any nascent organizations and hierarchies by moving inmates to different compounds, though keeping the Sunnis and the Shiites separate.

“The Bloods with the Bloods and the Crips with the Crips, that kind of thing,” King says.

The guards would then move the prisoners again and again. That would also keep the prisoners from spotting any possible weaknesses in security.

“The detainees have nothing but time,” King says. “They’re looking at patterns, they’re looking at routines, they’re looking for opportunities.”

As al-Baghdadi and the 26,000 other prisoners were learning the need for patience in studying the enemy, the guards would be constantly searching for homemade weapons fashioned from what the prisoners dug up, the camp having been built on a former junkyard.

“People think of a detainee operation, they think it’s a sleepy Hogan’s Heroes-type camp,” the other officer says. “And it’s nothing of the sort.”

Meanwhile, al-Baghdadi’s four years at Camp Bucca would have been a perpetual lesson in the importance of avoiding notice.

“A lot of times, the really bad guys tended to operate behind the scenes because they wanted to be invisible,” the other officer says.

King seemed confident that he and his guards with their New York street sense would have known if al-Baghdadi had in fact been prominent among the super-bad guys when he was at Camp Bucca.

King had every reason to think he had seen the last of al-Baghdadi in the late summer of 2009, when this seemingly unremarkable prisoner departed with a group of others on one of the C-17 cargo-plane flights that ferried them to a smaller facility near Baghdad. Camp Bucca closed not along afterward.

Al-Baghdadi clearly remembered some of the lessons of his time there. He has made no videos, unlike Osama bin Laden and many of the other extremist leaders. The news reports might not have had a photo of him at all were it not for the one taken by the Americans when he was first captured in 2005.

That is the face that King was so surprised to see this week as the man who had become the absolute worst of the worst, so bad that even al Qaeda had disowned him. The whole world was stunned as al-Baghdadi now told his enemies “I’ll see you in Baghdad.”

ISIS Leader: ‘See You in New York’ - The Daily Beast

BS

They have lethal & non letha JEW USA aid. TOW missiles

They die like dogs & JEW USA are the masters behind

King didn’t take these words from Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi as a threat. Al-Baghdadi knew that many of his captors were from New York, reservists with the 306 Military Police Battalion, a unit based on Long Island that includes numerous numerous members of the NYPD and the FDNY. The camp itself was named after FDNY Fire Marshal Ronald Bucca, who was killed at the World Trade Center in the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks.
King figured that al-Baghdadi was just saying that he had known all along that it was all essentially a joke, that he had only to wait and he would be freed to go back to what he had been doing.
“Like, ‘This is no big thing, I’ll see you on the block,’” King says.
King had not imagined that in less that five years he would be seeing news reports that al-Baghdadi was the leader of ISIS, the ultra-extremist army that was sweeping through Iraq toward Baghdad.
Now that will get the American attention

I hope its about time Americans stop playing PC and put the entire weight of their foot on those who are feeding this monster through halal petro dollars

Now that will get the American attention

I hope its about time Americans stop playing PC and put the entire weight of their foot on those who are feeding this monster through halal petro dollars

Aww come on Irfan bhai, the Yankee is funding ISIS in Syria :D

Aww come on Irfan bhai, the Yankee is funding ISIS in Syria :D
well their partners are funding them ... there is some indirect support but I have lost the sense of who is supporting who.. there is Qatar vs Saudi angle as well. and then Turkey, which is being called a new Pakistan.. American pilots were known to have refused to fly aircover for Al Qaeda .. too.

well their partners are funding them ... there is some indirect support but I have lost the sense of who is supporting who.. there is Qatar vs Saudi angle as well. and then Turkey, which is being called a new Pakistan.. American pilots were known to have refused to fly aircover for Al Qaeda .. too.

The bottom line is, Yankee is arming the same people in Syria its going to fight in Iraq.

The bottom line is, Yankee is arming the same people in Syria its going to fight in Iraq.
sorry it was late last night so I was unable concentrate.

but I will repeat that I have lost sense of all this.. Maliki government is installed by the Yanks but they and their British cousins sent their blackops to start sectarian war in Iraq even during their occupation. there were pictures and stories about them on the web which were removed.

one wonders why make trouble for your own puppet regime like this and in Syria why arm such people who might have elements in them that beheaded your soldiers?

I would hate to see if Iran jumps into this Iraqi conflict directly.. this act will just blow everything up and even Pakistan will be forced to take sides and there is only one possible side to take for us and it is with the Saudis.

I wonder what the yanks would like to do now? would they intervene to stop the ISIS march to Baghdad? or would they wait till Iran also jumps in and making Saudis and their allied Arab monarchies also getting involved directly? meanwhile Israel takes the advantage of the chaos and takes out the Iranian nuclear installations..

while in Pakistan. PTI and JUI F getting butthurt over the military operation and the destruction of the wild life in FATA

Last edited:
sorry it was late last night so I was unable concentrate.

but I will repeat that I have lost sense of all this.. Maliki government is installed by the Yanks but they and their British cousins sent their blackops to start sectarian war in Iraq even during their occupation. there were pictures and stories about them on the web which were removed.

one wonders why make trouble for your own puppet regime like this and in Syria why arm such people who might have elements in them that beheaded your soldiers?

I would hate to see if Iran jumps into this Iraqi conflict directly.. this act will just blow everything up and even Pakistan will be forced to take sides and there is only one possible side to take for us and it is with the Saudis.

I wonder what the yanks would like to do now? would they intervene to stop the ISIS march to Baghdad? or would they wait till Iran also jumps in and making Saudis and their allied Arab monarchies also getting involved directly? meanwhile Israel takes the advantage of the chaos and takes out the Iranian nuclear installations..

while in Pakistan. PTI and JUI F getting butthurt over the military operation and the destruction of the wild lie in FATA

The US most probably is done with playing global cop for the moment - I don't think they are intervening in Iraq, except for some aerial support provided Iran doesn't get themselves involved in Iraq.

The US most probably is done with playing global cop for the moment - I don't think they are intervening in Iraq, except for some aerial support provided Iran doesn't get themselves involved in Iraq.
yes thats the most I expect from them. but if Iranian Ayatullahs do something silly then Americans will have to jump in to contain Iran and defend/ support the Saudis as well who might launch a combined attack on Iranian nuclear installations together with Israel. its good that Iran is showing signs of cooperating with USA to control the Iraqi conflict.

but first thing that needs to be done is stop fueling the conflict, be it from Iran, Saudis, Qataris or Americans themselves. I thought Iraqis were better than Afghans.. but thats not the case.. the moment Americans left .. the country descended into chaos.. imagine whats in store for Kabul Government?

yes thats the most I expect from them. but if Iranian Ayatullahs do something silly then Americans will have to jump in to contain Iran and defend/ support the Saudis as well who might launch a combined attack on Iranian nuclear installations together with Israel. its good that Iran is showing signs of cooperating with USA to control the Iraqi conflict.

but first thing that needs to be done is stop fueling the conflict, be it from Iran, Saudis, Qataris or Americans themselves. I thought Iraqis were better than Afghans.. but thats not the case.. the moment Americans left .. the country descended into chaos.. imagine whats in store for Kabul Government?

A lot of assumptions there Bhai.

The americans are planning to talk to the iranians to stop them from getting involved in iraq, and even if they do get involved then I am sure the US will stay away so that they do not give an impression that they are aiding the iranians to it's gulf allies. israel plus the saudi's attacking iran and its nuclear facilities is far fetched.

About fueling the insurgency - the insurgents have become too powerful that if the supporters pull away their hand then chances are that these terrorists will bite their masters back, and we have live examples of that happening - bunch of psycho retards that they are. Supporting these crazies is like riding a tiger - cannot jump off the back lest the tiger attacks them.

Yes sir, one can only imagine the situation in afghanistan after the pullout - and the scenario doesn't look good.

Why would Pakistan support the Saudis against Iran? Why would Pakistan concern itself with the Levant at all? It should be more concerned about occupied territories in South Asia, I think.

Back
Top Bottom