What's new

ISI submits a report to SC stating Afghanistan supports TTP

Pakistan intelligence agency claims Afghanistan supports Taliban splinter groups

ISLAMABAD — Pakistan's intelligence agency has accused the Afghan government of supporting Taliban splinter groups.
In a report presented to Pakistan’s Supreme Court on Tuesday, the ISI agency alleged President Hamid Karzai’s administration was in league with groups linked to the main Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan movement, known collectively as the TTS.
The report suggested the "recent nexus of TTS with Afghan government is likely to enhance the terrorist activities" in areas along the Pakistan-Afghanistan border such as Mohman, Bajaur, Dir, Swat and Chitral.Anti-Pakistan elements, particularly from across the border in Afghanistan, had provided "strong support" in terms of money, logistics and training and this was “one of the main factors for increased militancy,” the report said.
However, it added that the Taliban’s ability to act "at will and to face security forces openly has been substantially curtailed."*
The report said that internal rifts within the main Pakistani Taliban group had led to the creation of splinter groups.
"TTS, after having been dislodged from area, has resorted to [suicide bomb and improvised explosive device] attacks" on law-enforcement agencies and other officials, the report said.
The court is considering a case involving seven people who are being kept in one of several internment centers in the border area, despite being acquitted by an anti-terrorism court because of lack of evidence against them.
The ISI report was submitted to justify the internment centers and military operations against militants more generally.
The ISI said it was not going to release people held at the internment centers, warning that the detainees included terrorists who could go to cities like Islamabad and Lahore and launch attacks.
It said that 3,871 Pakistani security personnel, more than 3,000 militants and more than 5,000 civilians had been killed in the border area in the last five years.
There had been 235 suicide attacks, 9,257 rocket attacks and 4,256 bombings during the same period, the report added.
Afghanistan and Pakistan have a difficult relationship.
Islamabad has accused Kabul of failing to stop anti-government militants from operating from mountain havens in Afghanistan, while Kabul has blamed Pakistan’s military for cross-border shelling.
U.S. Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel responds to Afghan President Hamid Karzai's statements in which Karzai accused the U.S. and Taliban with working together.
In September, Afghanistan’s foreign minister told the United Nations Security Council that diplomatic ties with Pakistan were under threat.
The Afghan foreign ministry declined to comment on the ISI report.
Earlier this month, Karzai claimed that the Taliban was carrying out attacks in Afghanistan "in service of America."
On Monday, after a private meeting with Secretary of State John Kerry in Kabul, Karzai insisted he had not meant to suggest that the United States was colluding with the Taliban, Reuters reported.
"I never used the word 'collusion' between the Taliban and the U.S. Those were not my words. Those were the [words] picked up by the media," he said.
Kerry said the two men had discussed the matter but he played it down, Reuters reported. "I am confident that the president absolutely does not believe that the United States has any interest except to see the Taliban come to the table to make peace."

Pakistan intelligence agency claims Afghanistan supports Taliban splinter groups - World News

Enough is enough, we need to silence the dog(Afghan govt) which is biting its masters hands
What an interesting report, and we're supposed to believe it? I mean, one has to wonder, how has the “mayor of Kabul” almost overnight became so strong, that he now (we're supposed to believe) controls vast areas of Afghanistan that borders Pakistan's “Mohman, Bajaur, Dir, Swat and Chitral”?

And who are these so-called “splinter groups”, has anyone any idea? And what about terrorist Maulana Fazlullah, how come his name was not even mentioned in the report?

This is nothing more than a clumsy (Tit-for-tat) war propaganda report.

this is no surprise.

brits, soviets, yindoos, amerikkans - none of these foreign devils were in afghanistan for the sake of afghanistan: there was never any hope of getting a return on economic investment or to even cover the military cost.

all these scheming foreigners are in afghanistan to undermine pakistan, for pakistan - big, populous, capable of generating enough economic activity to sustain itself and holding vital military and cultural importance for the whole islamic world - alone is the strategic prize in these foreign adventures into the barren, impoverished afghanistan

good thing pakistani intelligence is doing their job.

this is no surprise.

brits, soviets, yindoos, amerikkans - none of these foreign devils were in afghanistan for the sake of afghanistan: there was never any hope of getting a return on economic investment or to even cover the military cost.

all these scheming foreigners are in afghanistan to undermine pakistan, for pakistan - big, populous, capable of generating enough economic activity to sustain itself and holding vital military and cultural importance for the whole islamic world - alone is the strategic prize in these foreign adventures into the barren, impoverished afghanistan

good thing pakistani intelligence is doing their job.

welcome back @iajj ,hopefully you views have changed since last time around. As far as war on terror goes, the war will still be fought for freedom though I do agree that this may be a lost cause monsieur if you look at the big picture. However the objectives are achieved and I mean osama and his alquieda crew are disbanded there. Infact US is right now just bleeding their treasury away against talibans, which had nothing to do with 9/11 though some may disagree, thank lord that Canada got out of there three years ago.
@KingMamba93, you were right after all it seem..

Last edited by a moderator:
welcome back @iajj ,hopefully you views have changed since last time around. As far as war on terror goes, the war will still be fought for freedom though I do agree that this may be a lost cause monsieur if you look at the big picture. However the objectives are achieved and I mean osama and his alquieda crew are disbanded there. Infact US is right now just bleeding their treasury away against talibans, which had nothing to do with 9/11 though some may disagree, thank lord that Canada got out of there three years ago.
@KingMamba93, you were right after all it seem..

hey mixed-blood, you need to look at my history of getting banned to see if my view ever changes. ultimately i am the author of my own bans and i only use the ban to create a level of equality on this forum between my vast intelligence and the racial inferiority of hordes of turkics, jewish things, anglo-saxons and the racially impure.

you can only avoid getting hit by my racism by staying away from me and hope that some jews and turkics would get in my line of fire first. or you coconut man can simply wait out the next few days, hehehe. ciao, mixed-blood.

Last edited by a moderator:
Worrying revelations: Tackling militancy
From the Newspaper

RATHER than increasing confidence, the report on Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Fata presented to the Supreme Court on Tuesday on behalf of Inter-Services Intelligence and Military Intelligence gives cause for greater concern. In January, the attorney general had conceded that some 700 suspected terrorists were confined in internment centres established under the Action in Aid of Civil Power Regulations 2011, a time-bound and area-specific law that legalises the detention of suspected terrorists. In trying to defend such detentions, the report for the SC exposed worrying details that many had suspected but the agencies had not officially revealed before now: that there is a fear of increased terrorist activities in several border agencies because of a nexus between the Tehreek-i-Taliban Swat and the Afghan government, and that the Tehreek-i-Taliban Pakistan is merging with violent sectarian outfits that operate in the country at large, with the implication being that if detained members of the latter were removed from internment centres they would slip away into other parts of the country, including urban centres, and carry out further violence.

This leaves a lot of questions to be answered. Why did it take a legal petition against the AACPR to bring these issues to light? This information ought to have been shared much earlier with parliament and the people, because the mergers being talked of have very serious repercussions. In particular, the information about the TTP-sectarian nexus and the ability of any freed militants to carry out attacks in major cities and other settled areas constitutes an official admission that the militancy issue is not confined to the tribal belt, which is more of a hub from where violence is being exported to the rest of the country.

If reality is as presented in Tuesday’s report, this necessitates a rethink in Pakistan’s approach to the militancy problem. The authorities argue that the AACPR helps keep the peace in the restive tribal agencies, given the well-known issues, such as the lack of witnesses, with prosecuting terrorism suspects captured in the area. But if the problem is not restricted to Fata, are we to see the scope of the law expanded to other parts of the country too? Now that this information is public, it needs to be recognised that detention of the kind permitted by the AACPR is a short-term response rather than a real solution to the problem. Pakistan delays the creation of a comprehensive strategy at its peril.

So if Afghanistan is supporting the Taliban does that automatically mean America which controls Afghanistan is supporting the Taliban as well?

I sometimes become wary of attempts to shove the blame onto someone else even though clearly or not so clearly they are/may be to blame. This is because these things are being used to say that the Taliban are not responsible for any murder or brutality which simply is an incorrect statement.

The Taliban in Afghanistan have killed 80% Afghan civilians and have no remorse and no feeling for human life. We can have priorities (ie. to deal with the TTP first) but we cannot feel sympathy for those murderous thugs known as the Afghan Taliban either. Foreign occupation is just an excuse a cover for their attrocities.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom