What's new

ISI - RAW Chiefs Joint venture book, startling revelations made

To under stand the dynamics ISI is a much more stranger organisation and is evolving with time, the rest of intelligence organisations are just copy cat to ISI and learning and catching up but evolution of ISI is too fast. A decade difference of ISI and Raw leader might help Indias to achieve so comparison but still it will not be enough.
MOSAAD,CIA,MI6 aur RAW chooley beachtey hain.
time to retire him from his life i guess.......but what was his son doing in india? and why is this book published in india first/only....and who and why this aditya sinha guy is involved in this?
Bahi jaan wo ghalat hou he nahi sukta.

OBL is still in Pakistan resting in some freezer, just in case Trump need him for 2nd term to bust democrats.
No no, this time abu bakr al baghdadi is here in Pakistan living in a bunker type compound on Pak-afghan border.

In what is billed as a first-of-its-kind book, former Research and Analysis Wing (RAW) chief AS Dulat and ex-Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) head Asad Durrani feature in conversation and discuss everything related to India-Pakistan ties: the surgical strikes, Kulbhushan Jadhav, Nawaz Sharif, Kashmir and Burhan Wani.

"The Spy Chronicles: RAW, ISI and the Illusion of Peace" is written jointly with Aditya Sinha and also touches upon other key issues like a comparison of RAW and ISI, Hafiz Saeed and even a freewheeling talk on the idea of 'Akhand Bharat', among many others.

Sometime in 2016, a series of dialogues took place, which set out to find a meeting ground, even if only an illusion, between Dulat, who headed RAW from 1999-2000, and Durrani, Director General of the ISI directorate from 1990-1991.
As they could not meet in their home countries, the conversations, guided by Sinha, took place in cities like Istanbul, Bangkok and Kathmandu.

On the table were subjects that have long haunted South Asia, flashpoints that take lives regularly. It was a deep dive into the politics of the subcontinent, as seen through the eyes of two spymasters.

Also Read: Centre’s New Approach to Kashmir is More Dulat Than Doval

On Ajit Doval
Speaking about Indian National Security Advisor Ajit Doval and his experience in Pakistan in the 1980s, Durrani in the book says that Doval now believes that the country should be “ruled with an iron fist”, reports The Indian Express.

Comparing Doval, who some have called “Modi’s henchman”, with Trump, he adds in his book: “He hasn’t changed policy... He shouts more, like Trump does, a lot of hot air. He provides that masala.”

However, he adds that Doval cannot be counted on to stabilise or improve the India-Pakistan relationship.

Next time he’s in Lahore or Islamabad, it will be for all the right reasons for India, but all the wrong reasons for the long-term relationship, and without wishing us (Pakistan) any benefit.
Asad Durrani in his book
Dulat, however, counters Durrani’s statement and says that Doval isn’t a “hard-liner” on Pakistan. Instead, The Indian Express report quotes him as saying in the book, that he is merely convinced that “Modi is the greatest thing that has happened to India”.

He added that Doval is one of India’s “outstanding operational guys” and said that the latter’s only problem was that he didn’t trust anybody.

On Kalbhushan Jadhav
Speaking about the retired navy officer, Kalbhushan Yadav, who was arrested by Pakistan on charges of spying, Dulat in his book has said that if these charges “were a RAW operation and he was a RAW spy, then it’s a pretty sloppy operation”, the report adds.

Durrani, in turn, said that Pakistan’s arrest of Yadav for “being a spy”, was an attempt by the country to “counter the Indian threat after Pathankot”. Expanding on this in the book, he said that since India was looking for links between Pathankot and Pakistani establishment, this was Pakistan’s counter-argument – “We know you’ve been doing this (in Balochistan).”

Both Dulat and Durrani, however, agree that the Indian and Pakistani intelligence agencies should have been more discreet on the subject, the report adds.

Also Read: Sanity Will Prevail: Ex-RAW Chief Dulat on Jadhav Death Sentence

On Kashmir Insurgency
The Indian Express report states that Durrani, who was ISI chief in 1990 when the insurgency first started in Kashmir, considers it Pakistan’s “biggest failure” that it wasn’t able to keep a lid on the Kashmir insurgency, that they “didn’t know how far it would go”, and that Pakistan’s leverage over the factions proved “less than successful”.

In his book, he said that the formation of the Hurriyat “to provide a political direction” to the resistance was a “good idea”, but that “letting the factions to do what they bloody well wanted to”, was not.

(With inputs from PTI and The Indian Express)

India, Pakistan's Spy Masters' Tell-All
https://www.youtube.com/user/ndtv

Ajit Doval hasn’t changed policy, just more hardline, says ISI ex-chief General Asad Durrani

SOURCE: ENS

ajit-doval.jpg

Indian National Security Advisor Ajit Doval’s experience in Pakistan affected him in a manner that he believes that the country must be dealt with an iron fist, according to former chief of Pakistan’s Inter Service Intelligence (ISI), Lt General Asad Durrani (retd).

This is part of a new book, “The Spy Chronicles: RAW, ISI and the Illusion of Peace”, which has been co-authored by Durrani and former R&AW chief A S Dulat, along with journalist Aditya Sinha. The book is set to be launched in Delhi this week, but Durrani will not be able to attend the event as he has not been given a visa by New Delhi so far.

About Doval, who served in India’s intelligence agencies before retiring in 2005, Durrani says, “He hasn’t changed policy. He’s just a little more hardline but it’s still what I believe has been Indian policy for a long time. He shouts more, like Trump does, a lot of hot air. He provides that masala.”

“The upshot is he’s just doing what his boss wants done. Maybe more muscularly, more vocally,” Durrani adds.
Durrani attributes Doval’s attitude to his stint with the Indian High Commission in Islamabad in the 1980s, saying that “In Ajit Doval’s case it probably affected him in a way where he felt, ‘Oh God, this country must be dealt with an iron fist’.”

Dulat, however, argues about “his colleague and good friend” and “Modi’s henchman” Doval that “As far as his capabilities go, he’s one of our outstanding operational guys. He’s a field man.” “The trouble, though, with people who are so much into themselves, is that they’re lonesome and they stay aloof. In A Legacy of Spies there’s a relevant line that says, the trouble with spooks is that they find it difficult to invest in trust,” he adds, “Ajit is a guy who won’t trust anybody.”

Dulat goes on to say that Doval is “not necessarily a hardliner” on Pakistan, arguing that “He toes Modi’s line. He also toed Mani Dixit’s line. He at one point-toed [M K] Narayanan’s line… I’ll tell you something. He is convinced that Modi is the greatest thing that has happened to India. That I can vouch for.”

In turn, Durrani says that Doval “matters nowadays, as Modi matters. I agree he is smart and would not miss an opportunity for another spectacle. Win Modi or himself brownie points. But I’m not counting on him to turn around the relationship and make it stable. Next time he’s in Lahore or Islamabad, it will be for all the right reasons for India, but all the wrong reasons for the long-term relationship, and without wishing us (Pakistan) any benefit.”

Durrani cites the example of the Indian NSA’s meeting in Delhi in 2016 with six former Pakistani High Commissioners to India: “Six high commissioners had an invitation from the Aspen Centre, Sati Lambah was the moving force. They considered their most substantial meeting was when they called on the NSA. Ajit Doval treated them indifferently, saying: ‘We are watching you. If something good does not come out of our investigation, and if we find a link between Pathankot and Mumbai and a state structure, there will be consequences.’ “When the meeting finished he did not shake hands with a group that is highly regarded in both countries. Just walked away. The message was conveyed.”

Dulat, however, disputes that version, telling Durrani that what he “heard in Delhi was the contrary; the high commissioners were pleasantly surprised that he was nice and soft despite his reputation of being tough as nails.” “He softly put across the message that India didn’t want good relations, thank you for coming,” was Durrani’s response to Dulat.

On Jadhav

Former R&AW chief A S Dulat has said that if the case of retired Navy officer Kulbhushan Jadhav, arrested by Pakistan on charges of spying, “were a RAW operation and he was a RAW spy, then it’s a pretty sloppy operation.”

He said this in the book “The Spy Chronicles: RAW, ISI and the Illusion of Peace”, co-authored by him with former ISI chief Asad Durrani and journalist Aditya Sinha.

Durrani says that “When Pakistan made this revelation (about Jadhav) the idea must have been to counter the Indian threat after Pathankot. Though that famous threat came later, at the end of April, and Jadhav was arrested in March.”

To Dulat’s question “What was the threat?”, Durrani replied “That India is looking for links between Pathankot and our establishment. So we came up with a counter-argument that we know you’ve been doing this (in Balochistan).”

Both Dulat and Durrani agree that intelligence agencies of both countries should have been discreet about the matter and ensured the exchange of spies of each other in their custody.

On Kashmir insurgency

Lt General Asad Durrani, who was ISI chief in 1990 when insurgency started in Kashmir, feels that his “biggest failure was when the Kashmir uprising happened we did not know how far it would go… When it became lasting, we wondered how to keep a handle on it. We didn’t want it to go out of control, which would lead to a war that neither side wanted. Could we micro-manage it? That was our challenge. ISI’s leverage on the Kashmir insurgency turned out less than successful.”

“I think the formation of the Hurriyat to provide a political direction to the resistance was a good idea. Giving up handle on the movement-letting the factions do what they bloody well wanted to-was not,” adds Durrani.

I just dont get it india havent proved sir gi kal strike yet other than big talk in their talk shows then why they have to keep bringing lie on lie they sud be ashamed and worried if they are justifying cuz it can happen to them anytime with same reason they giving.

RAW EX-chief wants India to invite Gen Bajwa . Gen Bajwa is a very well respected soldiers both in IndoPak. We all know that in Pakistan, things get done when Pak Military is involved, because Pakistan corrupt govt is a joke, This Stance is coming into media is enough to get the bottom of reality that if you want to get things done in Pakistan you go with the military, they are everywhere and Pakistanis just simply love their Armed forces .I think stance is a just a marketing strategy to sell their newly books and I belive a wishful thinking far from reality becuase We all Knowing that Mr. Modi and his right wing allies; any discussion with Pakistan will cause them political damage, while election in India is due in 2019 only. Hate against Pakistan and Indian Muslims is a prime brick of Hindutwa wall, how can they change their stance? As The late Gen Hameed Gul once said, ‘ they know our capabilities, if we open our hand, they won’t even know what hit them”. As far as concern about the talk, Since 70 Years of History Pakistan has always been open for talks. This can be seen in the context of the newly built dam on Pakistani river. Indians know they have crossed a line and Pakistan has the capability to strike the dam which is only a few kilometers inside Indian occupied Kashmir. I believe Pakistan should infact eliminate the dam which is a national security threat and hard hit on survival of pakistan agriculture Econmoy.

Last edited:
Kashmiri and Afghan Taliban so fade up with this type of attitude from our agencies to decide their future over the tables that is why they trust only on Allah SWT. Any Generals in history wrote their intellectual wisdom after the war is over but it is so strange about this book is written when our war is still not yet over, isn't amazing that they put their price tag and become so cheap to make controversial statements, so that book can be sold, Money making scheme e.g Gen Mehmood Durrani defected to American think tank under umbrella of CIA and this Gen Asad Durrani sold himself to RAW. These Generals can't decide our fate who are ready to sell us in few dollars in their Money Making Scheme. These Generals should learn lesson from History and see how Allah SWT has the different plan for Kashmiri people otherwise Gen Musharraf also had the table plan but it was not accepted by Allah SWT.

Last edited:
This is the dumbest piece of trash I've ever read in my life. Who wrote this?

On the other hand, Durrani points out that he "was born an Indian - there was no Pakistan then"

No you yob...you were born in a colony called British India...an unlawful occupation of the subcontinent is a colony, not a country. My goodness...these colonial British bourgeoisie coconut haramis make me sick.

It's called INDEPENDENCE, not partition.
It's called 1857 WAR OF INDEPENDENCE, not 1857 rebellion.

When will these two nations ever actually behave like independent countries? The reason why they get along so well at a diplomatic level is because they operate the exact same way as there British occupier did. There's nothing surprising about.

It's bloody pathetic is what it is. Brainwashed British lapdogs.

Asad Durrani has lost his brain after retirement
Sometimes with age this can happen, it will affect us should we get to such an age... May the Lord God protect us all! Ameen!

Last edited:
Here is my assessment. You will find nothing new in this book and it will be a totally different from reality. The ISI chief mentioned is from soviet era and Raw chief is from 9/11 era. To under stand the dynamics ISI is a much more stranger organisation and is evolving with time, the rest of intelligence organisations are just copy cat to ISI and learning and catching up but evolution of ISI is too fast. A decade difference of ISI and Raw leader might help Indias to achieve so comparison but still it will not be enough.

I recently read a news of a major IOS and Android hack blamed on Pakistani intelligence but after reading the whole story there was concrete evidence of linking it to Pakistani intelligence there was no concrete evidence and thus news never popped on MSM. they blamed using of some old zero day and targets were military tech to activists and so on including some pissing attack but nothing concrete.

When ever media goes against ISI it make sure ISI is doing it job successfully and when ever media praises ISI they get the credit. The dynamical situation of ISI is engineered in such a way that they profit from both negative and positive publicity, so my advice is stop propaganda against ISI no one can win the war from them. ISI is too pro to be handled.

CIA trained and created both ISI and RAW but RAW has been dismantled by Indian politicians while ISI maintained its continuity due to the support it has from the Pakistani Army. ISI has at least 30 year lead over RAW.

CIA trained and created both ISI and RAW but RAW has been dismantled by Indian politicians while ISI maintained its continuity due to the support it has from the Pakistani Army. ISI has at least 30 year lead over RAW.
CIA never created ISI. It was an Australian whose handy work made ISI.

This is the dumbest piece of trash I've ever read in my life. Who wrote this?

No you yob...you were born in a colony called British India...an unlawful occupation of the subcontinent is a colony, not a country. My goodness...these colonial British bourgeoisie coconut haramis make me sick.

It's called INDEPENDENCE, not partition.
It's called 1857 WAR OF INDEPENDENCE, not 1857 rebellion.

When will these two nations ever actually behave like independent countries? The reason why they get along so well at a diplomatic level is because they operate the exact same way as there British occupier did. There's nothing surprising about.

It's bloody pathetic is what it is. Brainwashed British lapdogs.
Just to play Devil's advocate, why is it unlawful? Was the Turkic Dehli sultunate unlawaful or the Turkic Mughal Empire?

Back
Top Bottom